The Bellisseria Cipher Challenge

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ohhhhkayyyy :D

The sign says 'Molethra Gigantica Ride'.

The runes on the buildings say Welcome weary traveler stay a while and listen

The runes on the bridges say : Lake traveler

Cipher pic attached, I need more runes to fill in the other blanks.

cipher.jpg

Edited by Atomic Infinity
to add another letter & bridge de-code
  • Like 15

Yea I think I have all those covered, everything that glows in the dark at Eyrie is that 'welcome' statement repeated over, sometimes forwards, sometimes backwards. I guess what I mean is there needs to be another set of mystery runes that say other words in order to figure the blanks.

Hopefully there are not any more yet, cus I don't fancy searching a whole continent for a sentence :D

Edited by Atomic Infinity
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think having all the letters matters. She deciphered the requested elements. 

Patch's statement from previous page (bolding mine):

7 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

The sign as an example I just gave is part of it.   We want someone to crack the cipher and provide us with the mapping of each letter to the alphabet, like the clues I have provided. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

Yea theres gaps, but I guess we wait for Patch's interpretation, as I have cracked the cipher. All I need is more coded messages and the rest of the runes would drop into place with hardly any fuss at all.

i agree that you have cracked the cipher

is going to be unfortunate if this turns into a rune hunt where the winner is determined by whoever finds the last phrase which includes the last rune/symbol

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atomic Infinity said:

The runes on the buildings say :

Welcome weary traveler stay a while and listen

Cipher pic attached, I need more runes to fill in the blanks.

cipher.jpg

Oh! So it isn't a real moth name! I was trying every single term from "Lepodoptera" to "Splendora" and none of it was fitting. Good for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

Well done!!!  (I think you should get the prize as you are the first to decipher the majority of the alphabet.) It will be fun to see if there are any other messages around the regions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

cipher.jpg

Very well done!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

lol yes I did that too for a while, looking for real moths.

Anyway, I just updated the original cipher post to add another letter that occurs on the bridges.

I can't see any more different runes, so hopefully that's all there is to find so far.

Yes, you should get the prize!

• Like 3

lol yes I did that too for a while, looking for real moths.

Anyway, I just updated the original cipher post to add another letter that occurs on the bridges.

I can't see any more different runes, so hopefully that's all there is to find so far.

The only other sign thing I have seen around Fantasseria is the portal to Eyrie on a little island in Toad Pool, so the symbol on it could mean "portal" perhaps or "Eyrie" I was thinking but it's only one symbol. Then there is the front of the Mole statues, I couldn't tell whether that is meant merely to be a belt buckle or a symbol. I haven't found any other location besides that little island with the portal stone and the community center itself with any kind of symbols.

Hypatia Underwater landscape_106.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

I speculated on that symbol, maybe its the B for Bellisseria, or F for Fantasseria, or even X marks the spot, but agreed without any other references its only guessing.

Well, maybe it's your "F" missing from your alphabet but it needs more correlation. I'm still not entirely persuaded this is a language with only letters, it could have pictographs, too. 

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

The only other sign thing I have seen around Fantasseria is the portal to Eyrie on a little island in Toad Pool, so the symbol on it could mean "portal" perhaps or "Eyrie" I was thinking but it's only one symbol. Then there is the front of the Mole statues, I couldn't tell whether that is meant merely to be a belt buckle or a symbol. I haven't found any other location besides that little island with the portal stone and the community center itself with any kind of symbols.

Hypatia Underwater landscape_106.jpg

See what I mean by the mark on the Mole statue chest? It's like the portal mark only at an angle. Of course, I could be reading into it too much and it's just a belt and a shirt edge. Still, it does seem rather stylized and just like the portal symbol. Although the fact that you can see it during the daytime may disqualify it from being anything related to this language.

e174294ac9dbe17eada364c3d1960bc3.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

cipher.jpg

Nice! Your "E"; "I" "A" and "S" are misplaced, though. You also forgot to place the D that looks like a weird 8
My movable caesar wheel: (photoshop transform bwahaha)
pkUIIYZ.jpg

Edited by DeltaGemini
  • Like 2

Hmms I still think I have it right,  though my D probably could have been drawn a bit more accurately I guess, the ends of the line don't completely make an 8 shape. I am not going to update my post though, it stands as drawn.

There's some stray dots that are hard to place what letter they are on, and I think yours are not quite on it. But we shall see when mister Patch has a look :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

cipher.jpg

You most definitely deserve to win and must have the patience of a saint to have got this far. I actually applauded you out loud here in real life, and felt such enormous relief I could give up! It has become almost an obsession with me and I can now go and catch up with my to-do list. :D

I hope Patch comes in with a favourable decision for you. 

Well done!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

Hmms I still think I have it right,  though my D probably could have been drawn a bit more accurately I guess, the ends of the line don't completely make an 8 shape. I am not going to update my post though, it stands as drawn.

There's some stray dots that are hard to place what letter they are on, and I think yours are not quite on it. But we shall see when mister Patch has a look :)

Edited by Marigold Devin
surplus to requirements

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.