The Bellisseria Cipher Challenge

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is what I have done - I first looked up every fantasy language I could think of including stuff like every kind of elvish, magi, witches alphabet, alchemy symbol etc then I moved to fictional languages and ancient languages. Then I went back to trying to decode the sign using the bridge and the walls to test out my theories on the sign. I've used words like "game" "mole" ,"race", "lure" "ride" "code" and "clue" since getting the "e" but I still end up defacing toilet paper!

• Like 3

What do we do with all these cipher words after translating them?

I haven't seen a single notice, notecard or instruction showing or telling what to do with them. Are these words current English? Are they names, places, things, anagrams, palindromes or something else?

I've literally clicked and examined everything inworld there is to click, both near and far, such as moths, statues, thrones, rocks, crystals, plants, bridges and giant turtles etc etc. And nothing new has been learnt or discovered.

I've also been comparing the cipher symbols online to many other alphabets both real and unreal with zero similar or matching symbols.

Do these ciphers unlock more things, places or elements yet to be discovered elsewhere inworld? Or are these ciphers just decorative words and phrases on some fantasy buildings?

Because if their only purpose is decorative, then I would find that a disappointing, unsatisfying and unrewarding outcome and conclusion.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

This is what I have done - I first looked up every fantasy language I could think of including stuff like every kind of elvish, magi, witches alphabet, alchemy symbol etc then I moved to fictional languages and ancient languages. Then I went back to trying to decode the sign using the bridge and the walls to test out my theories on the sign. I've used words like "game" "mole" ,"race", "lure" "ride" "code" and "clue" since getting the "e" but I still end up defacing toilet paper!

I wouldn't have thought to even look up all the different languages like that out there. I really don't think it's as involved as that, but just looking at the symbols can boggle the brain because a lot of them look like letters in the English language, such as S and W and E already. We know though the the E looks like one of the S shapes, and as E is the most common used letter in the English language then as long as the words are actually decipherable into English and not Latin or some Elvish words then it should (should) be relatively simple to solve BUT the fact that Patch has given us all until 23rd December to do this, it does suggest there is more to it, or even more places for more words.

My head hurts! 

Keep trying! I thought I had given up but I keep taking another look through the reams of paperwork I have generated while doing this.  

And - I think - that red herring letter I didn't really ask for earlier but Patch so kindly gave us - a P - does not seem to appear at all in any of the text. As far as I can see anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

And - I think - that red herring letter I didn't really ask for earlier but Patch so kindly gave us - a P - does not seem to appear at all in any of the text. As far as I can see anyway.

It is on the wall writing in Eyrie it turns up a couple of times :)

31 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

What do we do with all these cipher words after translating them? I haven't seen a single notice, notecard or instruction to know what to do even do with them.

Are these words current English? Are they names, places, things, anagrams, palindromes or something else?

I've literally clicked and examined everything there is to click near and far, such as moths, statues, thrones, rocks, crystals, plants, bridges and giant turtles. And nothing has been learnt.

The outcome to this cipher had better be worth all the time that has been expended on it.  Are they just decorative words and phrases on some buildings, or do they unlock more elements yet undiscovered?

All that Patch said was in the video he linked to in the first post, just said about the cipher, which they showed briefly illuminated with the letters, but people were finding when they visited Eyrie, the letters weren't illuminated, only at certain times of the day/night. 

Mention was made of this appearing all over Fantasseria, BUT does that mean it repeats all over Fantasseria?

And if all we have to do (!) is translate the hidden writing that is repeated everywhere into English words/phrases, then Patch said in his first post here that it is the first person to write what they think is the answer on this thread.

And that's all there is to it (she says in a sing song voice while plying herself with ibuprofen!). 

• Like 2

Some of those four letter words ending E do produce words on the bridge and the sign - for instance RIDE as the last sign word enables the bridge to say "earth ever" if you wanted it to that would make the top sign say "have art" but I can't vouch for the second word and basically I wish I had never been born 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Some of those four letter words ending E do produce words on the bridge and the sign - for instance RIDE as the last sign word enables the bridge to say "earth ever" if you wanted it to that would make the top sign say "have art" but I can't vouch for the second word and basically I wish I had never been born 

/me gives you a hug as I laugh at your last words there, because my brother has just actually threatened to sew my mouth shut if I mention this puzzle ever again! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

What do we do with all these cipher words after translating them?

I haven't seen a single notice, notecard or instruction to know what to do even do with them. Are these words current English? Are they names, places, things, anagrams, palindromes or something else?

I've literally clicked and examined everything inworld there is to click near and far, such as moths, statues, thrones, rocks, crystals, plants, bridges and giant turtles etc etc. And nothing new has been learnt or discovered.

I've also been comparing the cipher symbols online to many other alphabets both real and unreal with zero similar or matching symbols.

Do these ciphers unlock more things, places or elements yet to be discovered elsewhere inworld? Or are these ciphers just decorative words and phrases on some fantasy buildings?

Because if their only purpose is decorative, then I would find that a disappointing, unsatisfying and unrewarding outcome and conclusion.

What we hope to see is someone take the hints I've given (and may give more of); apply that to a sign, for example and come up with a cipher to decode the signage appearing around the Fantasy regions in Bellisseria. There may not be a ton of it out there now, but there will be more coming.  🙂

Could that lead to more things to discover? Hints? Stuff to do?   It sure could.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

But you could start decoding this:

I don't see how.  That "U" isn't even on that Moth board, and your earlier "P" is not to be found in the entire sim region!

Are you 100% sure you've been given the same set of symbols as those that are presently seen inworld?!

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I don't see how.  That "U" isn't even on that Moth board, and your earlier "P" is not to be found in the entire sim region!  Are you sure you've been given the same set of symbols as those that are presently inworld?!

Read what Patch put a little earlier in this thread:

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

What we hope to see is someone take the hints I've given (and may give more of); apply that to a sign, for example and come up with a cipher to decode the signage appearing around the Fantasy regions in Bellisseria. There may not be a ton of it out there now, but there will be more coming.  🙂

Could that lead to more things to discover? Hints? Stuff to do?   It sure could.

Sounds like there'll be a whole language based on this alphabet of symbols. But for now - I think - we just have to decipher the entire code based on what we can find and the hints that Patch is giving us.

• Like 1

Dang, this feels like tough work.

My attempts lead only to "welcome, traveler, wear, nature, ldpw" until I realized it's messy and eventually fails, and I'd also have to understand the mirrored letters.

Oh hell, I'm done.

Edit: oh my, it was actually the right path to go. •́ ‿ ,•̀

Edited by DeltaGemini
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeltaGemini said:

Dang, this feels like tough work.

My attempts lead only to "welcome, traveler, wear, nature, ldpw" until I realized it's messy and eventually fails, and I'd also have to understand the mirrored letters.

Oh hell, I'm done.

No you're not done, you just need a break, do something else, come back to it when you have another burst of inspiration. It's addictive! 

Edited by Marigold Devin
to remove an s from burst - I am seeing ssss s everywhere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.