New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, yestothis said:

It’s modeled after a town that’s modeled after German towns irl. So it’s like copying houses in Disneyland.

During the 1960s, to boost tourism in the area, the tiny town of Helen was developed into a faux Alpine Village. Everything in the town, even the fast food chains, is built in keeping with the Bavarian theme. 

To correct your statement, we copy nothing.

The town today does not look as it did in the 60's.   I frequently visit Helen, we leveraged inspiration from the village, including the Fachwerkhaus style used there that has been pointed out so many times before.  We also have several on the team that do live abroad in places where those styles of homes are authentic and was also used.  There is a process we use that includes many on the team rolling in real life experience, photos, and items we gather for creative direction.  In the creative direction narrative we build, we also take artistic liberties to make things different, interesting.  Some themes use this approach, others are compete works of our imagination.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

You've all spun yourself up in to a tizzy it seems.  Many have formed opinions based on misinformation, misrepresentation and not having enough information.  I realize that is what happens when you are starved for information; there is an intentional reason for that at the present.  We are not ok with the negativity and tone that has taken hold.   The team takes to heart your feedback and strives to do their very best by everyone.  I will remind you that the folks working very hard on this project are also Residents among you.  We will remove posts that take an overtly negative and personal tone.  I ask that everyone please keep your feedback succinct and factual.   I will remind you that if I or a member of my team hasn't said it, then it's not fact.

We are here to provide beautiful homes and neighborhoods that will continue to foster new home owner growth which remains core to the mission of Linden Homes, and to the communities that have been built up around them.  

The Newbrooke theme, and the following theme will be released when we are ready to release them.  They have nothing to do with Home & Garden, we are not part of the event this year, and the Moles and I do not have any scheduled showings at the event.

You go boy! i I love the NewBrooke theme and can't wait to get one on an alt. And I'd be pissed at some of the negativity I'm seeing on this thread. You and the Moles are working your butts off and the earlier parts of this thread very much reminded me of a pack of wolves who smelled blood. If NewBrooke isn't your bag, that's okay. What is not okay is giving so much negative criticism of a theme you have no intention of living in anyway. How is that useful in any way?

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

To correct your statement, we copy nothing.

The town today does not look as it did in the 60's.   I frequently visit Helen, we leveraged inspiration from the village, including the Fachwerkhaus style used there that has been pointed out so many times before.  We also have several on the team that do live abroad in places where those styles of homes are authentic and was also used.  There is a process we use that includes many on the team rolling in real life experience, photos, and items we gather for creative direction.  In the creative direction narrative we build, we also take artistic liberties to make things different, interesting.  Some themes use this approach, others are compete works of our imagination.  

There is another cool Alpine Village town in Leavenworth, WA. I have been there a few times when I lived in the PNW. It's def worth a visit!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

There is another cool Alpine Village town in Leavenworth, WA. I have been there a few times when I lived in the PNW. It's def worth a visit!

Leavenworth IS fun, also an old-timey Bavarian-inspired experience.  They have mountains and ski slopes in view, which helps.  Personally, I like smaller themed attractions, where the interpretation of the theme is up to town residents.  "Bavaria" gives them a framework to offer excellent chocolate, amazing breakfasts, cozy duvets, great beer and fun alpine-ish entertainment.

The SL chalet builds that I've liked best have been like that.  They don't strive to actually BE German or Swiss, but the owners' decor is chosen to enhance the old Bavarian village feel that the chalets embody. 

I have to say that I envy the LDPW team working on Belli.  They are Imagineers, similarly restricted by concerns of density and scalability, but free to create something as lovely as the Vics or Fantasy areas at considerably lower cost than Disney!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

33 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Leavenworth IS fun, also an old-timey Bavarian-inspired experience.  They have mountains and ski slopes in view, which helps.  Personally, I like smaller themed attractions, where the interpretation of the theme is up to town residents.  "Bavaria" gives them a framework to offer excellent chocolate, amazing breakfasts, cozy duvets, great beer and fun alpine-ish entertainment.

The SL chalet builds that I've liked best have been like that.  They don't strive to actually BE German or Swiss, but the owners' decor is chosen to enhance the old Bavarian village feel that the chalets embody. 

I have to say that I envy the LDPW team working on Belli.  They are Imagineers, similarly restricted by concerns of density and scalability, but free to create something as lovely as the Vics or Fantasy areas at considerably lower cost than Disney!

Leavenworth is definitely a fun theme town especially in winter.  I haven't looked up the one in Georgia.  I imagine it is similar except the east coast doesn't really have real mountains...  

/me runs laughing towards the exit before the 'which US coast is best' folx show up 😄

PS It's the US west coast that's the best

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Leavenworth is definitely a fun theme town especially in winter.  I haven't looked up the one in Georgia.  I imagine it is similar except the east coast doesn't really have real mountains...  

/me runs laughing towards the exit before the 'which US coast is best' folx show up 😄

PS It's the US west coast that's the best

Personally partial to south west coast of Florida where I grew up.  :)

However, I see the beauty in the many other coasts I lived on. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Personally partial to south west coast of Florida where I grew up.  :)

However, I see the beauty in the many other coasts I lived on. 

I've lived on all the coasts of the US as well.  I suppose the Gulf coast and the southeast coast are nice because you can actually swim in water.  Very few people on the west coast actually swim in the arctic cold waves.

coast/shore/beach whatever you use regionally.

Oh, still excited for to see the Newbrookes when released.  Totally on topic now.  Perhaps I'll go shopping for a Vespa scooter or a Segway to prepare for exploring.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I haven't looked up the one in Georgia.  I imagine it is similar except the east coast doesn't really have real mountains...  

We do too!! We're in the middle of the Blue Ridge. We even have one that looks like an old man- Grandfather Mountain. It's all of not quite 6000' tall. It's our tallest mountain. lol.

Helen is a nice little town. I've lived about an hour away from it for years. I'm lowkey wondering if I've seen Patch in person and never knew!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

We do too!! We're in the middle of the Blue Ridge. We even have one that looks like an old man- Grandfather Mountain. It's all of not quite 6000' tall. It's our tallest mountain. lol.

Helen is a nice little town. I've lived about an hour away from it for years. I'm lowkey wondering if I've seen Patch in person and never knew!

I was teasing (tryng to lighten the mood.)  I lived in NC for several years and the Blue Ridge Mts in autumn cannot be beat.

Maybe you have seen Patch!  What a fun thought. 😊

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood

18 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I was teasing (tryng to lighten the mood.)  I lived in NC for several years and the Blue Ridge Mts in autumn cannot be beat.

Maybe you have seen Patch!  What a fun thought. 😊

I knew you were just teasing :) Our mountains are admittedly not the tallest, but you're right, they're beautiful. I've met a few people from my area and I always wondered if I've seen them in rl.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, EmmaAsht0n said:

As for Newbrooke, I admit I've just seen pictures of those houses and not the reveal inworld so I can't really judge. What actually disappointed me on some pictures was the proximity of the houses. I felt like in a LA or Sydney suburd where you could basically shake hands with your neighbour through open windows 😕

I don't think the parcels are any closer together than they are on the Chalets or Stilts regions. But the houses themselves are much bigger, closer to the parcel edge on all sides so there's less garden and that makes them feel closer together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got a 512 m2 on BlueJay because I found that they seemed as spacious as the 1024s. With both 512 and 1024, you can more easily play "Game of Homes" but I settled right away for roadside, two sides protected, one side with an easement anyway (I think they all have that), and right near an actual pond, not a swimming pool, however, which I may still try for. But it fit the story line for that avatar so it's all good.

In other news, when another account decided to dump his lack-luster log, with only a spit of water behind, he got a house on a sim where I already have another account, imagine that. So now I can make an "annex". I suppose if I really worked GoH, some day I might have more/all the homes on that sim, eh? But what would be the point? In fact, if it weren't for the fact that this new one is nearer to the water rez zone, I probably would dump it.

Say, did the Moles change those bannisters everyone was so worked up about? I personally don't see anything wrong with them. I'd much rather they had another option for the Victorians than that off-white grunge.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

How did Linden Lab that today is my birthday??  Thanks, LL!!  I did a bit of GoH but will stick with my last roll in Newbrooke (on Seldom Scene) while I get a feel for the homes.  Such fun!! 😄

I SO MUCH want a home in that region. Elbow is my favourite band and it's named after one of their albums (Seldom Seen Kid). Whichever Linden or Mole named it, I LOVE YOU! 💖

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Karl Herber said:

I SO MUCH want a home in that region. Elbow is my favourite band and it's named after one of their albums (Seldom Seen Kid). Whichever Linden or Mole named it, I LOVE YOU! 💖

It is a damn cute region! my hubby got one on Seldom Scene. There is a community pool, and a road rezz station, and lots of green space!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.