Zenescope x Second Life NFT Sweepstakes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, so there is a competition to promote SL social media for an NFT

Um .. ok.

The part that caught my eye however was buried in the terms and conditions.

Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media (including digital media) now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.

What the actual  ... for a prize with a $27 - $47 "Approximate Retail Value"

HAHAHA .. Hell No !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

OK, so there is a competition to promote SL social media for an NFT

Um .. ok.

The part that caught my eye however was buried in the terms and conditions.

HAHAHA .. Hell No !

So does that mean that users can use Epik in SL? As a little digging into it, Epik is a type of cryptocurrency. 

36 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

HAHAHA .. Hell No !

It might go up in time, though? Or it could go to $0.0001...

But I don't read Zenescope comics and I'm not familiar with any of the characters, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I saw and added my  (confused!) emoji to the post.  Isn't this the same company that we saw something about the making of the sim several months ago?

Whether or not doesn't really matter I guess. This appears to be a partnering thing like The Lab did in Sansar.  Honestly I don't "get" the whole NFT thing and I don't DO social media so I am obviously not their customer.  

But yes , hmmmm

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I saw and added my  (confused!) emoji to the post.  Isn't this the same company that we saw something about the making of the sim several months ago?

Whether or not doesn't really matter I guess. This appears to be a partnering thing like The Lab did in Sansar.  Honestly I don't "get" the whole NFT thing and I don't DO social media so I am obviously not their customer.  

But yes , hmmmm

I don't do SM either. Hate they want a physical entry if you don't do social. So no sale!

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Senile moment.

Did the Zenescope crowd ever get the rest of their quest built? I did phase 1, which involves a mostly empty mansion, a miniature golf course, a fast food restaurant, a maze, and, inevitably, a trip through the gift shop. Then you get to a portal with something like "Phase 2 coming soon".

Maybe Phase 2 is less boring.

Ok so there is this place too  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zenescope Portal A/249/102/23

The portal takes you to a Zenescope mini Stop & Shop and it's a little sad. They forgot to set a Halloween EEP so it's broad daylight. There are tables of the usual halloween food decor but no givers. There are some Stop & Shop type stores of branded merchandise. Kinda pricey. I guess somebody wants stuff that says Zenescope on it. They did have a few Oktoberfest items that were buyable (but pricey). There is a big mansiony type building behind the shops but nothing much in there. There is a cafe that has the photo below on a bulletin board. I don't think I am in their demographic.

zenescope-girls.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
type

If Zenescope offered their characters and outfits in Second Life, they'd be pretty good.

RH_Vigilante_TPB2_1024x1024.jpg?v=161618

One of their characters. One that's safe for the non-adult forums.

But this is what we get in SL:

secondlife_webbanner_okt3.jpg

Pretzels? Pretzels.

This project needed a bigger budget.

6 minutes ago, animats said:

If Zenescope offered their characters and outfits in Second Life, they'd be pretty good.

RH_Vigilante_TPB2_1024x1024.jpg?v=161618

One of their characters. One that's safe for the non-adult forums.

But this is what we get in SL:

secondlife_webbanner_okt3.jpg

Pretzels? Pretzels.

This project needed a bigger budget.

I can imagine it will get a bigger budget as the project ages. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I don't do SM either. Hate they want a physical entry if you don't do social. So no sale!

REALISTICALLY you should be able to enter WITHIN SECOND LIFE.  What is all this stuff that we go outside of SL to do?  Not like the old days. In many ways the old days were better LOL. 

I am glad that the Marketing team is doing something but they clearly do not understand their market well.   Not new news and not just SL. I see it all the time.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

REALISTICALLY you should be able to enter WITHIN SECOND LIFE.  What is all this stuff that we go outside of SL to do?  Not like the old days. In many ways the old days were better LOL. 

I am glad that the Marketing team is doing something but they clearly do not understand their market well.   Not new news and not just SL. I see it all the time.   

You do realize that this may bring in more users for SL, as this will be broadcasted along these three entities 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

IMO, every single collab SL has engaged in in the last 3 years has been nothing but duds.

Um, you're probably right.

Maybe go at this from a different direction. Partner with Architectural Digest and some architecture schools. Aspiring architects get a region to develop. Then there's a a judging by AD staff. Everybody gets to admire the region, and the virtual houses go on sale.

Or partner with FIT, Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and have a competition for clothing designers leading up to a runway show at Fashion Week in SL.

Promote SL as the best-looking virtual world. Get coverage in Vogue, WWD, AD, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

Or partner with FIT, Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and have a competition for clothing designers leading up to a runway show at Fashion Week in SL.

Promote SL as the best-looking virtual world. Get coverage in Vogue, WWD, AD, etc.

AND cutest, with Tinies, Faeries, Pets etc. 

8 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You do realize that this may bring in more users for SL, as this will be broadcasted along these three entities 

That's the hope .. but not the reality.

People excited by NFT's aren't going to come here. There are other (deserted) virtual offerings based around that.

People excited by Zenescope are already being pushed pretty hard to check out SL.

8 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

IMO, every single collab SL has engaged in in the last 3 years has been nothing but duds.

Each event looks like nothing but resumes/portfolios/advertising for authors/IPs that 99% of SL users are not familiar with nor are interested in.

What we need are collabs between LL and mainstream brands. First idea off the top of my head....

SL and IKEA .. a furniture store in SL that sells IKEA's range of unpronounceable wares. It would work both ways and would likely end up self funding.

That model can be applied to almost everything.

12 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

It has been tried many times and I hope it works THIS time, but in theory (a recent New World Notes article pointed this out once again and Ebbe said it many times) it isn't the "bringing in more users" that is the problem; it is getting them to stay.   The marketing team seems to be targeting the same folks that they have tried for over and over == and which there is a lot of competition for.  It has never worked before.  It didn't work more recently in Sansar and I honestly don't expect it to work this time.   

But time will tell and history will record.  

:SwingingFriends:

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I can imagine it will get a bigger budget as the project ages. 

zenescopeend.thumb.jpg.b6104613649997f34890009f59c535f5.jpg

One can always hope. It's been like that for the last month.

It's a culture conflict. Zenescope is a comics publisher. Their user base is accustomed to waiting for the next issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.