New theme? Does anyone recognize ....

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:54 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

Last year the Chalet Linden Home theme was unveiled to the public on Friday 4th December 2020 at the SL Christmas Expo 2020. The Chalet release was back in March 2021. 

• It looks like December, February and June are the unveil/announce months for the next Linden Home themes.
  • March/April/August/September/December are the release months

I would imagine for the next few years this may roughly be the same depending on progress that is. 

True ... true ... true.  Tho it is always risky to try to predict what LL's next move will be.  I don't mean that they're particularly inscrutable;  we just don't know about whatever internal events and issues are driving their decision-making. A couple of thoughts.

> There haven't been many green dots in Noir for quite a while.  Only 1 person hopping around from region to region this month.  I haven't seen anyone there the last few days, tho of course I only look once or twice a day.   Is it kinda ... done?

> The push to finish the fantasy region coastline MIGHT be because they want to start on the next theme after Noir.  I'm thinking that  decorating fantasy regions is so complex, it might make it easier to do if they keep the SSP fantasy regions up, so they can grab pieces when they need them.  As soon as they finish the coastline, they could free up some of those SSP regions to start a new theme.

It is not inconceivable to me that they would announce the theme at the Expo, put it on the grid before Christmas, and release it in January.  They are moving very fast lately.   A full complement of moles, including a few new ones if I'm not mistaken, are working in teams.

Most program managers would adhere to the schedule that Daniel has laid out, tho.  Program management is all about predictability.

But.

Patch is not all about predictability.  Part of his charm, really.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

This is good to know.  But it is a minor issue in Bellisseria I've seen people load up their homes or try to create a sneaky skybox to load up breedables.  It's amazing what you can come across in the skies of Belli.

I once found a secret nightclub in the sky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What about the new theme?

No more speculations?

Isn't the Christmas Expo getting near?

... and didn't we expect the next theme to be presented there?

Meadowbrook 2.0  - brick, stone or concrete exteriors, huge windows, open plan. I feel it in my bones. (Then again, that might jus’ be the arthuritis talkin’.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Meadowbrook 2.0  - brick, stone or concrete exteriors, huge windows, open plan. I feel it in my bones. (Then again, that might jus’ be the arthuritis talkin’.)

No I think you're correct. I jokingly said Meadowbrook earlier in this thread but really I think that's what the new theme might be.

Edited by Madonna666
Typo brain

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What about the new theme?

No more speculations?

Isn't the Christmas Expo getting near?

... and didn't we expect the next theme to be presented there?

My guess is that there will be something to replace the old Sahreta Osumai theme, eventually, and probably the Meadowbrook We already have replacements for some of the old themes now:

Fantasy replaces Elderglen 

Log homes replace Tahoe

??? replaces Sahreta Osumai

??? replaces Meadowbrook

We know that there are at least 2 more themes to come, so we can speculate they will replace those themes above. And there could be a 3rd one (Patch suggested in some interview, can't remember where but I remember him saying it:) ).

Yes, Expo next month!:) I love going to the Christmas Expo:) I'd be really really surprised if there was no theme reveal then. Hopfully we'll get some hints through Patch's flicker page soon...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Finally revealed. The newest Linden home...

weathered-old-abandoned-barn-leon-winkowski.jpg

i have a few barns sort of like this in my inventory

and I have rezzed them and put in barn-y like furniture and lived in them. Kitchen area with wood range and hand water pump. iron bathtub, iron frame bed, etc. Even had a broken down tractor, hay bales, a still for making moonshine, and chickens!  Was quite fun

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The next Linden Homes theme will undoubtably have yet another America-centric theme, as per usual, ignoring the 96% of humanity who live elsewhere.

Or a theme based on an American's stereotypical perception of somewhere else in the real world ("the other 96%"), which will probably look wrong and unintentionally weird-looking, disappointing or possibly offensive to those people who actually live in the real place. 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The next Linden Homes theme will undoubtably have yet another America-centric theme, as per usual, ignoring the 96% of humanity who live elsewhere.

Or a theme based on an American's stereotypical perception of somewhere else in the real world ("the other 96%"), which will probably look wrong and unintentionally weird-looking, disappointing or possibly offensive to those people who actually live in the real place. 😜

Well, shouldn't that be exactly what you would want? Less chances for the evil stepford wives of Belliseria to seduce the innocent, helpless residents of the mainland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't THAT be one of the new homes?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mM9r2D][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51706715315_4cefe3df13_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mM9r2D]Thanksgiving with Friends[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/]Patch Linden[/url], auf Flickr

Somehow embedding Flickr doesn't seem to work!

But anyway Patches last two pics in his Flickr- stream ... and again  it is woods no sea! so nothing for me!

Edited by Leora Jacobus

58 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Couldn't THAT be one of the new homes?

...and again  it is woods no sea! so nothing for me!

Neither of those are tagged Linden Homes, so are not intended as hints.  I have to say that I wouldn't mind getting a place with that deck flooring, tho!  Very nice!

• Like 3

There we go!  Now this photo is posted in the correct place.  It's in at least 2 other threads now.  Thank you @Eleanor Anderton

So, to repeat...  I can't tell if that is a door or a floor to ceiling window.  It has no seams, hinges or doorknob.  Smooth modern looking brick is nice. There is a tiny peek of some landscaping through the window under Patch's hands.  It also shows a cement and wood beam Privacy wall?  Looks pretty modern.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There we go!  Now this photo is posted in the correct place.  It's in at least 2 other threads now.  Thank you @Eleanor Anderton

So, to repeat...  I can't tell if that is a door or a floor to ceiling window.  It has no seams, hinges or doorknob.  Smooth modern looking brick is nice. There is a tiny peek of some landscaping through the window under Patch's hands.  It also shows a cement and wood beam Privacy wall?  Looks pretty modern.

For anyone who can't quite tell what you're referring to, here's a screengrab. (As an aside, do we know Patch's kids' names?) 

patch.jpg

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.