New theme? Does anyone recognize ....

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I personally am enjoying the new Linden Belli concept of empty lots with a bit of flowers and trees. And my neighbours do, too.

Alpha Tribe_011.jpg

Nizhny Tower_490.jpg

Not sure what is going on lately with newly released log regions. I keep seeing ones like this released but moles/lindens aren't checking them before hand. Then residents end up rezzing their own homes instead of doing a support ticket. 

• Like 1

I did not have a home rezzed when I caught one either.  I had to reset the controller about 10 times before it worked, but it did eventually reset and rez a home.  I did see the creative housing options though.  Those new enough to be unaware of needing to use the provided houses may be surprised to see their houses returned.

• Like 1

I know that they probably worked really hard on these but I don't see any appeal at all for these homes. These are not modern houses.  The landscaping is ok in a traditional sort of way but the houses themselves are dare I say it? UGLY.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dorrie Bellman said:

Contemporary perhaps? 

I spent 5 years of my childhood in a house almost exactly like these, flat roof, garage at a different level. Yes, it was described to us as contemporary. That one happened to be perched on a hill with a Maritime view far below, and to this day it is my favorite home that I ever lived in. My mother landscaped it beautifully, added a rockery, huge Jasmine, we had a really old Japanese maple, there were tiered but informal steps leading to the front door. With this style home, it's all about what you do with it. In LA there are a lot of these homes whose owners just went wild with  bougainvillea, big garden sculptures, custom paint jobs, all kinds of nonsense and they look terrific.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I spent 5 years of my childhood in a house almost exactly like these, flat roof, garage at a different level. Yes, it was described to us as contemporary. That one happened to be perched on a hill with a Maritime view far below, and to this day it is my favorite home that I ever lived in. My mother landscaped it beautifully, added a rockery, huge Jasmine, we had a really old Japanese maple, there were tiered but informal steps leading to the front door. With this style home, it's all about what you do with it. In LA there are a lot of these homes whose owners just went wild with  bougainvillea, big garden sculptures, custom paint jobs, all kinds of nonsense and they look terrific.

The more I look at them the more I think I will enjoy trying my hand at decorating one.  It seems to be a completely blank slate with the minimal landscaping used in the demo area.  One of the siding choices really does look like a shipping container.  I like the smooth black brickwork as well.  I have some art deco stuff that could be fun or a 50's style retro home.  I haven't been able to find inspiration in a modern theme, but other themes could be really fun to put together.  I hope the final product has some hills for different views (like some of the Victorian areas) from tiered heights housing to take advantage of all those great windows.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The more I look at them the more I think I will enjoy trying my hand at decorating one.  It seems to be a completely blank slate with the minimal landscaping used in the demo area.  One of the siding choices really does look like a shipping container.  I like the smooth black brickwork as well.  I have some art deco stuff that could be fun or a 50's style retro home.  I haven't been able to find inspiration in a modern theme, but other themes could be really fun to put together.  I hope the final product has some hills for different views (like some of the Victorian areas) from tiered heights housing to take advantage of all those great windows.

That sounds fun to go retro! i hope there is varied landscape as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.