POWER AND ITS EFFECTS

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Rather than rehash your drivel AGAIN, let's just agree that I'm right, you're wrong, and it sucks to be you.  

I didn't even READ this dissertation.   It's like you have verbal diarrhea.  You need Pepto for the brain.  

1 minute ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I can tell you're one of those type who cannot imagine that a gurl stands up to you. 

Chill out, dude.  Embrace the suck and move the freak on.   

Stop talking to me. Seriously now. Let it go. This conversation has went no where positive. I'm going to ignore you now for being a pest from this point on. As bad as I've had it out with some folks on here I've never once blocked and muted anyone on the forums before. Your about to be the first. Take your own advice and move on. lol Don't go away mad. Just go away. lol👍😎

• Sad 1

Just now, Velk Kerang said:

Stop talking to me. Seriously now. Let it go. This conversation has went no where positive. I'm going to ignore you now for being a pest from this point on. As bad as I've had it out with some folks on here I've never once blocked and muted anyone on the forums before. Your about to be the first. Take your own advice and move on. lol Don't go away mad. Just go away. lol👍😎

Boo freaking hoo

BFH - "Boo Freaking Hoo" by AcronymsAndSlang.com

Stop quoting me.

NOW i'm done

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Now I'm hurt...I thought I was the only one you disliked here. Seems to be a pattern huh mate?

On 8/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Getting my participation in this thread back on track I just wanted to say thanks again for the links. While I am a hard sale on anything the media says I did go over them. While I was doing that I did listen to this video and found a lot of what he said that had relevant points to our conversation. So I thought I'd share it in case you or anyone wanted to give it a listen.😎

45 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've been around the block more than a few times and have never once heard a woman use this word in referring to either gender.  Unless she is actually referring to her mate (husband, boyfriend). As in who she mates with.  And even then, it's said jokingly.  

Just an fyi from the female perspective.

I actually hear it all the time myself. Maybe it's just the ladies I've met. It's never something I really ever though to ask them to be honest. lol😎

21 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Definitely not in the UK! It's a male greeting...I think it's common in Australia too - is that where you're from @Velk Kerang?

@Love ZhaoyingI met a few people on SL who called me 'Luv'...they said they didn't like to use 'Rat' as they thought it was disrespectful! I wanted to say, well... I did pick the name 🙂Can't blame LL for that one 🤣

I am actually surprised you said that because I've made several female friends from the UK and other places on here that have used that term with me. Maybe it's just on SL then? I don't know. lol I'm not from Australia, but I do have a brother who is. So you were close. 😉

Tell ya what some of you are pretty chill on here so it's not like it's a big secrete or anything. In my life I've heard the term used a lot of places over the world where I had lived. I picked it up in the states of all places when I took my first mechanic job as a young man. I was in my early twenties and didn't know jack about cars. Now most people tend to visualize mainly white folks using the term, but I actually live in the black community in my area so to probably some peoples surprise an older black gentlemen who for the sake of this conversation we'll call Big Papa Bear took me under his wing and taught me everything I knew about the fine arts of automotives. I picked up the term from him as we all did and it was just part of our shop lingo even among the ladies. Nobody ever thought twice about it.👍

It stuck with me and when I moved on in to doing Homeland Security back when it was first formed I worked with a lot of local agencies up to and including the Coast Guard and Navy. It's a term widely used there and all along the coast as well too both among the men and women. Nobody ever thought twice about it.👍

When I speak with my brother we obviously use the term. I've used the term with both men and women who are from America, Australia, and the UK. Nobody ever thought twice about it. Which to be entirely honest is why I am surprised it even became such an issue on the forums ever to begin with. lol Anyway that's my origin story of my use of the word mate. Cheers mates. lol👍😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Now I'm hurt...I thought I was the only one you disliked here. Seems to be a pattern huh mate?

I don't dislike anyone mate. Just because we traded some words don't mean nothing. I wish everyone the best no matter ignorant they want to act. lol👍😎

@Velk Kerang I wasn't having a dig 🙂 I only know it as a male greeting. Like "Alright mate, how you doing mate?" 🙂

Maybe it is different in the military though? I didn't think Americans used the term at all though...so had no clue you were from there!

Anyway, I know as much about politics as I do about maths, so will go back to the what are you listening to thread 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

@Velk Kerang I wasn't having a dig 🙂 I only know it as a male greeting. Like "Alright mate, how you doing mate?" 🙂

Maybe it is different in the military though? I didn't think Americans used the term at all though...so had no clue you were from there!

Anyway, I know as much about politics as I do about maths, so will go back to the what are you listening to thread 😎

We don't really use it in the states.  At least, no states I've been in.  Dude, Bro, man...nope, never even heard too many men use it, to be honest.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I only ever think of Shaun of the Dead when Velk calls someone “mate” haha.  So every time I see it, I hear Noel in my head “‘Ello maaaaaaaaate”. 🤣
it’s when Ed is off screen calling Noel, looking to score drugs during Shaun’s attempted pep talk “the anagram of team is meat….”

& for anyone unfamiliar with Shaun of the Dead (or the other 2 in the 3 flavors cornetto trilogy- now you have a weekend movie recommendation!)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a3c7aebc-1ad0-4fe1-8080-1c735490d60f

DA9795B4-FBB9-484E-B3A1-B6EC11AA0F8D.jpeg

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh I didn't think you were. It's all good. No worries. And true some things are different in the military then out in the civilian world. I guess I'm just used to hearing it in both worlds. It could even be a community and cultural thing. I dare say it's probably just the people we've met and where we've met them and the location we're in. I don't hear it in my neighborhood a lot, but if I go closer to the coast then I'll hear people using it more there. So I'm pretty sure a lot of that comes in to play. People more in land probably won't hear it as much.😎

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

We don't really use it in the states.  At least, no states I've been in.  Dude, Bro, man...nope, never even heard too many men use it, to be honest.  

Ya, but in all fairness just because you don't personally hear it yourself in your area doesn't mean it's not used. I don't hear people speaking Spanish in my hood, but they do. lol So it is what it is. lol😎

8 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I only ever think of Shaun of the Dead when Velk calls someone “mate” haha.  So every time I see it, I hear Noel in my head “‘Ello maaaaaaaaate”. 🤣
it’s when Ed is off screen calling Noel, looking to score drugs during Shaun’s attempted pep talk “the anagram of team is meat….”

& for anyone unfamiliar with Shaun of the Dead (or the other 2 in the 3 flavors cornetto trilogy- now you have a weekend movie recommendation!)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a3c7aebc-1ad0-4fe1-8080-1c735490d60f

DA9795B4-FBB9-484E-B3A1-B6EC11AA0F8D.jpeg

Ohhhh, you got jokes. lol Ok. Good one. lol I'll give it to ya. You got me. lol🤣😎

50 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I don't dislike anyone mate. Just because we traded some words don't mean nothing. I wish everyone the best no matter ignorant they want to act. lol👍😎

So. Anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.   How narcissistic egotistical and misogynistic  of you.    

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

OK this bimbo is an idiot , Rat.   I've never liked people who laugh at their own stuff.Especiallyy stupid stuff

Oh I did laugh! I wasn't being serious...hmm, good time to go to bed! 🤪 America is cool 😎

• Like 1

Hmm there's probably some QAnon forum somewhere where this would be more appropriate. Instead of debating its existence maybe try to see where the other side is coming from. Complete utter denial is just absolute blindness to reality.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

So. Anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.   How narcissistic egotistical and misogynistic  of you.    

I was ignoring you, but Ima answer this and then I'm out. Ignorant is the way you behave and conduct yourself. Ignorant is using words that don't even apply to a situation, but because I'm a nice guy I'm going to show you the way to the dictionary section of the internet. You're welcome.👍😎

https://www.dictionary.com/

4 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

OK this bimbo is an idiot , Rat.   I've never liked people who laugh at their own stuff.Especiallyy stupid stuff

Commenting on this so new people on the thread who can read won't mistake you referring to the person who actually did hit the laugh button. I hit the sad button because the jokes in the video where pretty sad. An idiot is someone who speaks with out even knowing what they are talking about thus showing their ignorance, but because I'm such a nice guy and I don't want you to continue looking ignorant I am going to show you the way to where you can order a new set of them bifocals. lol You're welcome.👍😎

https://www.glassesusa.com/

Edited for clarification: That can actually be interpreted two ways and since you been jabbing at me all day long I took it was another one. So if that wasn't your intent and you actually meant the girl in the video then disregard my last statement. lol👍😎

And just so we're clear when I hit the laugh button and no longer comment back to you it's because I am laughing at the ignorance your displaying. That's what you do with jokes. You laugh at them. lol👍😁😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You can't selectively coming out of hiding from ignoring people because then you aren't really ignoring them are you?

Not hiding. I only bothered to comment because I didn't want people new to the thread reading that bit of nonsense to look at the post and think the comment was directed at the wrong person.😎

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.