POWER AND ITS EFFECTS

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:57 PM, Velk Kerang said:

On the Bill Cosby thing I can understand that situation from both sides of the coin in all honesty. I won't go in to details on that because that's a book and a half alone (lol), but I will say from Bills side I know what it is like to be locked up just because someone claimed you did something. The only reason I got released was because I wasn't even in the state when they made their allegations. It is far to easy for a woman to claim a man did something and get his freedom taken away on word of mouth only with no proof. That is where I have a problem with the justice system of America.

I'm sorry this happened to you...being accused of something you didn't do, being locked up unjustly, and having to worry what the severe consequences levied by society might be. Not to mention the betrayal of someone you must have been close to at one point.

As I mentioned before, I saw it first hand with a guy I was close to when he was accused by a woman...saw the tears in his eyes, the anxiety and loss of control he felt over not knowing how to defend himself against a false accusation. In his case, his girlfriend whom he had an infant child with, accused him of abusing their child. Fortunately, his girlfriend was so unhinged, a drug addict, and such a liar that authorities realized after investigating them both for months that the girlfriend was severely vindictive and using their son to try and get back at my friend for refusing to marry her. So he was determined to be innocent of such abuse and again able to see his son unsupervised -- his son even chose to live with him at a later date.

However I think his experience kind of warped him a bit -- he had trouble trusting women. And he didn't seem to understand the greater danger for women which exists in society (overall) whenever we discussed the far more prevalent abuse of women by men. Very similar to you, he felt it important to voice what he perceived to be the greater abuse of men, or at the very least to always champion the troubles men went through too when abuse was discussed.

I totally agree that these days it is more common for men to be accused of abuse unfairly compared to the past. Women have more power in society as they are more likely believed now. As we discussed before, it's easier to grab power and play the 'abuse card' in order to punish another when society is actually trusting what women say to a greater degree. And like I said before, there should be a special place in hell for those who use the new realities in society power dynamics to falsely accuse another. 

However, the majority of physical and sexual abuse is perpetrated by men. A quick check of crime statistics proves this. Women finally have a voice and the means to lessen abuse levied against them for years.

25 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

As a victim of abuse from a family member since i was 3, yeah I didnt tell anyone. Why? because he said he would ruin my family. Mom would get divorced again, my bio dad was a cheating drug addict after coming home from Nam, and my new dad who was awesome would blame me and leave. Yeah, my fault he went on to abuse other kids, right? Yeah, I should have spoken up at 4 and been a real man all tough and stuff, right? Yeah, so easy to say what abuse victims should do. Try being the victim. 

I'm sorry this happened to you.  And this is so often the case -- the family tries to shut down awareness of the abuse as it would be too disruptive, and or the abuser makes threats that scare their victim into silence.

In many cases mothers even flat out state to their child that they must be making up the abuse, as they can't face the fact their husband would do such a thing and can't cope with the emotional loss of a partner and/or feel they couldn't make it financially without the support of their husband who would likely be in prison if his crimes were exposed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I have watched a lot of them and I got to ask. Did you really just compare female streamers most of whom, not all, but most of whom dress inappropriately, flirt with their audience, and have a reputation for bouncing their boobs all around town to actual professional female game developers? And you actually thought what exactly here? They weren't going to have misogynistic comments? Seriously?  lol I can't even count the ways you just lost your own dang argument. GG mate. lol

Did you really just cast that blanket statement over female gamers? No one said anything about game devs. You mentioned gamers. As in people who play video games, not make them. And you say i lost the argument. At least i knew what the argument was. 

17 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You can wow all you want, but the entertainment industry alone is filled with successful black millionaires. That doesn't even include any other professional fields. Several successful black men and women in my family now. Not millionaires, but successful. I'm gonna keep it simple for you though. I posted this up already, but I'll repost this video is just for you. Check the charts at about 8 minutes in for yourself.👍

Filled? As compared to the thousands of white stars, right? You really need to take those blinders off.

Also as someone who worked for the census bureau going door to door and collecting info, we were told explicitly to stay away from the "bad areas" of town. So those demographics they use in videos are badly skewed. The norms is to mail in forms to slums and hope they get filled out, most of the time they dont. 

23 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ya because none of those families had to apply fifty dozen times before getting any type of assistance from any of those programs right? Reality check white folks don't have no special programs set to the side to assist them. POC do and they can apply for those on top of the others.

I didnt realize that Tafdc and snap were for POC only and whites cant get them. My bad, you are the absolute fount of knowledge on this and every subject because you lived them all, right? 

21 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

privilege

I don't think you understand what white privilege means. It doesn't mean Whites have it easy. It simply means that when Whites & Blacks go through similar circumstances it's more common for the White person to come out on top due to prejudice in society.

For example, it's been demonstrated in numerous studies that Whites more often attribute criminality to Blacks when compared to Whites, and the result is that more Blacks end up in prison or receive harsher sentences from judges.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't think you understand what white privilege means. It doesn't mean Whites have it easy. It simply means that when Whites & Blacks go through similar circumstances it's more common for the White person to come out on top due to prejudice in society.

For example, it's been demonstrated in numerous studies that Whites more often attribute criminality to Blacks when compared to Whites, and the result is that more Blacks end up in prison or receive harsher sentences from judges.

Growing up in the late 70's early 80's i had a bunch of friends from various backgrounds. I saw white privilege first and at the tender age of 8. A few of us went into the local store and myself and my best friend who was female were the only kids not watched like a hawk by the clerk at the counter. 4 kids, two white, one black and one Hispanic. Now what could possibly have been the reason we weren't watched? We were white. I know for a fact that none of us ever stole from him. we were all always polite and never caused any ruckus. But my friends were always watched. 

But some would have us believe it doesn't exist. Hell, there was a news story the other day where 3 black males were cuffed and detained because they were looking at a house for sale. The realtor was a black male in a three piece suit and the other two were a dad and son, both dressed well. Apparently black men cant possibly buy a house in America. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

First at no point in anything I said was blame the victim even remotely in any of that. Let me correct you there now. Where in the hell did you even get that at? Secondly being a victim of a crime doesn't exempt you of the responsibility of doing something about it. I am so sick of people playing the blame the victim card as their excuse to sit with their thumb up their asses while other people get victimized. That is the real BS.😡

Now I'm real sorry about what happened to you. I truly am. However if you sat back and did nothing and other women were harmed then that's on you. That is your fault. Not the abuse you suffered, but the abuse anyone after you did. You could have stopped it. You didn't. Paint it any color you want to in order to sleep at night, but at the end of the day that is on your head for not stopping it when you had the chance.😡

Are you seriously going to tell me you sat on your behind for 48 years and did nothing and expect me to honestly feel bad that you let other people suffer? I'm sorry I don't. I'm sorry for what you went threw, but it stops there.😡

Not trying to be disrespectful or hurt your feelings or anything, but I am going to keep it real with you. Right is right and wrong is wrong and no amount of BS is going to change that simple fact. I'm sorry it's just not.👍

First off that guy is stupid anyway. Not everything out his mouth makes sense. Secondly I'm Pro-Life and I do not believe in abortions. I believe it's murder. I certainly wouldn't have the debate of abortions on what that idiot has to say. lol I mean you can read the article and when he says the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down he's already telling you that he don't know jack. lol I can't even see how your trying to apply that to how many people view sexual assault. I mean I can't even take that dude seriously. lol Just so I am clear though when I discuss the topic of abuse I am talking about ALL abuse. Just not sexual. All.😎

Yes, your own words are bs. You do blame the victim you just won't admit it. You are blind to your own bs.

So you take my words and twist them since they don't meet your narrative. That's victim blaming. I never said I didn't do anything about it. I've just had to live with the consequences of everyone else NOT DOING A DAMN THING. IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT THAT DIDN'T.

You are the very sort that causes people like me to stay silent. Stay the hell away from me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Growing up in the late 70's early 80's i had a bunch of friends from various backgrounds. I saw white privilege first and at the tender age of 8. A few of us went into the local store and myself and my best friend who was female were the only kids not watched like a hawk by the clerk at the counter. 4 kids, two white, one black and one Hispanic. Now what could possibly have been the reason we weren't watched? We were white. I know for a fact that none of us ever stole from him. we were all always polite and never caused any ruckus. But my friends were always watched. 

But some would have us believe it doesn't exist. Hell, there was a news story the other day where 3 black males were cuffed and detained because they were looking at a house for sale. The realtor was a black male in a three piece suit and the other two were a dad and son, both dressed well. Apparently black men cant possibly buy a house in America. 

Yeah, so many examples of this.

"Pulled over while driving Black" is a good one.

I'm reminded of an experience from a few years ago. A Black youth knocked at my door, selling something for his school, as it was growing dark.  I wouldn't open the storm door and instead spoke through the glass, telling him "no thanks".  He walked off, saying "I know why you didn't open the door".

I assume he was thinking I didn't open the door because he was Black. I can only imagine the number of houses he approached and the residents did indeed not trust him due to his color.  For me though,  the reasons were that he was a stranger, a male, and it was twilight so less neighbors would be likely to see if something bad were to happen.

I felt really bad for him, and mumbled something as he walked away like "hey it's dark outside and I don't know you".  I really wish I could have opened the door just to demonstrate I trusted him and that his color had nothing to do with my response.

• Like 1

It is sort of funny how many here have adopted the language of the propagandists and from all appearance haven't realized what they have done or who they have aligned themselves with.

I think it should be obvious those with the most power are those that are willing to lie.

Those with the least power are the uneducated and uninformed that cannot tell how they are being conditioned and run.

I suspect few here, this thread, have realized how racist they have become.

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

but most of whom dress inappropriately

At the risk of antagonizing you (I have zero desire to get into another back & forth) I have to tell you that you are so far out of line with that line that you’re in the void- spun off beyond any legitimate argument you hope to make.

1) You are saying that women deserve the treatment they get because they did XYZ.

2) That is unequivocally victim blaming.

3) That mindset totally excuses Neanderthal behavior.

The resulting male behavior in response to perceived female inappropriateness reveals the flaws in the male, not female.  It’s totally projecting.  You point out bouncing breasts on display are outrageous & cause misogynistic comments & actions,  so that must mean women ogle bike short bulges & they in turn have the right to give the man’s goodies a squeeze.  Right?  It’s the same logic.

4) What is appropriate?  Who is the ordained judge of that?  You care to bring up  the Taliban, sharia law & head to toe burkas?  Anything less is cause for death.

Women, men, binary & all in between deserve to exist without having to fear for their safety because some brute can’t handle their own shortcomings & urges.Suggesting anything less is shameful & part of the problem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, so many examples of this.

"Pulled over while driving Black" is a good one.

I'm reminded of an experience from a few years ago. A Black youth knocked at my door, selling something for his school, as it was growing dark.  I wouldn't open the storm door and instead spoke through the glass, telling him "no thanks".  He walked off, saying "I know why you didn't open the door".

I assume he was thinking I didn't open the door because he was Black. I can only imagine the number of houses he approached and the residents did indeed not trust him due to his color.  For me though,  the reasons were that he was a stranger, a male, and it was twilight so less neighbors would be likely to see if something bad were to happen.

I felt really bad for him, and mumbled something as he walked away like "hey it's dark outside and I don't know you".  I really wish I could have opened the door just to demonstrate I trusted him and that his color had nothing to do with my response.

I have to relay this tale of my misspent youth.. 

When i was a young man in my very early 20's (early 1990's) I would get on music kicks. By that i mean i would listen to a specific genre, artist or type of music for months. Early spring, in New England, I was working for the local newspaper as an assistant  warehouse manager. I made sure the trucks of papers were unloaded and broken down into each delivery persons stack for the day. We started at 2AM. I would hit Dunks for a couple of large coffees and a dozen donuts to share and drive into work. I would usually have music blasting and windows down. 

This particular evening i was blaring Bob Marley at full volume. I spilled a coffee and wasn't looking and blew right through a yellow/red traffic light. A few seconds later the flashing blues come on with the siren. Officer walks up to my car, i crank down the music.

Very large muscular black officer, "DO you know why i pulled you over?" 
Me, "Yes sir. I blew a red light." and i explain what happened.
Officer, "Is that Bob?" pointing at my stereo. 
Me, "Yes sir."
Officer, "Just pay more attention and dont spill that coffee next time. At least you have good taste in music." 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

First you came in on a conversation and didn't fully catch up on it. Yes we in fact did. The conversation was about the gaming industry. Read up on that first before making comments and then you will understand. Your commenting and you don't even bother to know what the whole conversation is about. Your half ass reading stuff and running your mouth.

I read the OP and yes that was about the industry.. I however commented on Female gamers that stream, which BTW does not solely mean on Twitch. Plenty of platforms for that. And NO, most of them do not wear skimpy clothing with everything hanging out. Do male gamers wear tank tops or stream shirtless? Do they pour milk all over their chest? BTW its You're.. as in You bleeping Are. Your is it belongs to bleeping You. Do you need a they're their there lesson as well?

9 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Let me address this though and then I'm out. lol My comment on female streamers. Particularly Twitch. If you get on there with your ass hanging out and your pouring milk all over your boobs and shaking and squeezing them for the home audience to see all of which I've seen done on that platform then yes your pretty much are asking for any type of comments imaginable. It's not rocket science. Ya'll can not be that damn stupid. Well maybe you all can. I mean dang. lol That's that next level stupid if ya can't understand that. lol So waa waa waa your victim blaming all ya want to people. I really do not care. lol In this case I'll gladly wear that crown.

And yet, i said gamers. GAMERS that stream. Yes there are  Wait, Twitch changed their ToS, you cant actually do any of that anymore. They shut down the streamers that were doing sexual stuff. So, how long ago did you watch this stuff? 
Aside from that, it doesn't matter what anyone is wearing, you have ZERO rights to comment sexual things about it. Do you walk around the beach and comment on the bikinis? Would that be OK in your mind? 

You actually threw (thats another one that bugs me... threw is the past tense of throw, through is the word you are actually looking for.) the "Hey, she is asking for it." comment out there? Seriously? So, if a woman is wearing a short skirt and tight top she is asking for whatever happens to her? Wow. I bet your wife is proud of that statement. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I read the OP and yes that was about the industry.. I however commented on Female gamers that stream, which BTW does not solely mean on Twitch. Plenty of platforms for that. And NO, most of them do not wear skimpy clothing with everything hanging out. Do male gamers wear tank tops or stream shirtless? Do they pour milk all over their chest? BTW its You're.. as in You bleeping Are. Your is it belongs to bleeping You. Do you need a they're their there lesson as well?

And yet, i said gamers. GAMERS that stream. Yes there are  Wait, Twitch changed their ToS, you cant actually do any of that anymore. They shut down the streamers that were doing sexual stuff. So, how long ago did you watch this stuff? 
Aside from that, it doesn't matter what anyone is wearing, you have ZERO rights to comment sexual things about it. Do you walk around the beach and comment on the bikinis? Would that be OK in your mind? 

You actually threw (thats another one that bugs me... threw is the past tense of throw, through is the word you are actually looking for.) the "Hey, she is asking for it." comment out there? Seriously? So, if a woman is wearing a short skirt and tight top she is asking for whatever happens to her? Wow. I bet your wife is proud of that statement. 

This is where you just walk away from the conversation and just let this play in your head (I do it all the time on here):

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

I was you idiot if you had bothered to read like I told you to. I'll finish with your beta male yes man ass later. I'm to tired to listen to your ignorant crap right now.

I believe you are referring to your statement about your mother "gearing up for war." That really didnt read like you were the victim of anything, her, yes. 

"Beta male" Is that some new age BS lingo that "ALPHA MALES" use to describe men who aren't afraid to show feelings other than rage and anger? I know know all i need to know about you from that one statement. 

Have a wonderful day. Bless your heart. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.