New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I am a Happy Gacha Girl! I went shopping for a bit and thought I would try a few pulls on a nice gacha outfit I saw (see what all the fuss is about) from one of the stores listed here: Serephimsl.  Four pulls @25L each and I had a really nice skirt and 3 different tops that went with it. Another pull on a cute hair and I scored the rare option and received the hair with all the color huds. So for a 125L$, I picked up what would have cost me a minimum of 1500L$ had I been able to buy single items rather than a forced Fat packs for any of them. 

I really don't know what the supposed gamble is. Each item in that gacha outfit was worth quite a bit more that the 25L$ that I spent for each pull. And I can even resell them if I get bored with it. This is so win/win, i really don't see the issue. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aria Fae said:

SL isn't going to last forever either, in fact with the creaky old engine we're plodding along with at the moment, i'd give it another five years before it either breaks or they need to make major upgrades and changes.

People need to have a contingency plan for finances that doesn't rely on second life, and especially shady practices like gacha and other gambling systems

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

i really don't see the issue. 

i don't mean this personal in any way!

People also don't see the issue to pass a railway crossing .. until they'r there exactly the same time as the passing train :)

It doesn't really matter how we all think about it, for, against, don't mind... but it's decided on several levels of autorities that is has to go... so it will go.
And if there aren't given reasons for the move to do it, we get 143 pages is questions, suggestions, and guessing why's.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Irina Forwzy said:

These type of comments feel like they tend to come from the same type of person.  That spends 10 hours in game,  complains about it, doesn't buy anything or create anything to it to contribute into it.  And finds everything expensive,  so it's usually an excuse for them not to spend.  But then that's been my previous experience.

It's not my job do defend Pixel or others, but he doesn't fit in this decription.

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well I am a Happy Gacha Girl! I went shopping for a bit and thought I would try a few pulls on a nice gacha outfit I saw (see what all the fuss is about) from one of the stores listed here: Serephimsl.  Four pulls @25L each and I had a really nice skirt and 3 different tops that went with it. Another pull on a cute hair and I scored the rare option and received the hair with all the color huds. So for a 125L$, I picked up what would have cost me a minimum of 1500L$ had I been able to buy single items rather than a forced Fat packs for any of them. 

I really don't know what the supposed gamble is. Each item in that gacha outfit was worth quite a bit more that the 25L$ that I spent for each pull. And I can even resell them if I get bored with it. This is so win/win, i really don't see the issue. 

Eating my words and answering again because.

1500L? You should go out shopping more. 

A nice top, a skirt and a fatback hair would have costed you at maximum 1000L and you would have chosen the colors you wanted! And skip the "but I loved all the colors in the gacha". 

Now you say "hah but 1000L is so much more than 125" yes it is and you know what? I personally think that's what a creator of mesh, a contributor to the game that we love so much, deserves.

And yes this time it was 25L a play, because they all reduced the prices for the gacha sales. Some weeks back it would have been, 50L or 75L or even 100L per pull. And yes some machines people pay less and than there is this other machine, where they feel that they are so close to the rare (I watched enough friend like that x3) and yay 5k plus down the drain for shirts and skirts in colors they did not want.

I loved gachas too, it was fun until the greed kicked in. And there were rares, than rare 2 and then supercalifragilisticexpialidocious rares. When your gachas 5 "rares" and 500 commons ...

There are creators now that just wrap their stuff in packs and sell them, good.

There are creators that say, oh man packing everything in vendors ..so much work, sorry folks I will just discontinue them. Good 

And there are creators, clinging to things like conveyers and now on Flickr I saw some introducing "Miepon". Looking for a way around the new rules, instead of working to accept and fulfill them. Not good, and this shows me as a customer what their reasons for gachas was and I will chose to avoid those stores. 

It's like gacha is dead...long live gAcHa XD LL will have a tough time the next week's I am afraid, between getting cussed out for the decision they have to deal with the flood of ideas, and to see if they are ok. 

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And another user spent 2k Linden and didn't get a rare. Just because you were lucky doesn't mean it's not a gamble. You gambled and won, but it was still a gamble.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

And another user spent 2k Linden and didn't get a rare. Just because you were lucky doesn't mean it's not a gamble. You gambled and won, but it was still a gamble.

As long as every item is worth at least what I paid for the pull, it is not a gamble. I may not be getting what i really wanted but at least I did get my monies worth.

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

As long as every item is worth at least what I paid for the pull, it is not a gamble. I may not be getting what i really wanted but at least I did get my monies worth.

But isn't your money even more worth when you got what you wanted? I personally go shopping to get the things I wanted and fell in love with. Or in RL example...I go and want to buy yogurt, my favest yogurt is out, hm so I just buy this weird apple yogurt from the same shelf...I am allergic to apples (for real haha) but hey at least I got my money worth of yogurt as I planned. 

This makes no sense.

And where is the fun in that? I go shopping for fun, to get stuff I want and love and not to get at least "my money worth" of stuff this sounds more like fulfilling a duty than fun (~ ̄³ ̄)~

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You don't know beforehand if you get your money's worth. You could have spent that 125L and only gotten one shirt and the rest of the pulls being doubles of it. It was a gamble you took.

2 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

But isn't your money even more worth when you got what you wanted? I personally go shopping to get the things I wanted and fell in love with. Or in RL example...I go and want to buy yogurt, my favest yogurt is out, hm so I just buy this weird apple yogurt from the same shelf...I am allergic to apples (for real haha) but hey at least I got my money worth of yogurt as I planned. 

This makes no sense.

And where is the fun in that? I go shopping for fun, to get stuff I want and love and not to get at least "my money worth" of stuff this sounds more like fulfilling a duty than fun (~ ̄³ ̄)~

I bought another outfit right after the Gacha one at regular pricing and it had an accessory on the same board which I assumed came with the outfit and it even did in the demo but when bought the outfit, I realized it didn't. I paid another 400L for the accessory and then realized it was a different shade then the outfit itself and clashed horribly. Caveat emptor right? I paid a total of 700L for something which is going in the trash and 125L for 4 items which are worth way more than what I paid. 

I don't understand the angst towards people who enjoyed gacha. Not all of us are gambling addicts and just played for the fun of it. If there was an event I would buy x amount of lindens depending on what the event was. That number wouldn't change whether there were gachas there or not. If there happened to be a gacha there and I liked the items I would play the gacha with said x amount of lindens and continue shopping the event til all the L's I intended on spending are gone or until there's nothing else I like at the event.

Gacha wasn't just a gambling fix. I'd  sometimes play with a friend or 2 and we'd make trades and socialize while playing. It was fun and I'm kind of sad to see it go. And to be honest I found a lot of the gachas had more variance and were more intricate than most of the fatpacks offered at the same events which cost a flat rate around the same as what I'd typically spend on a gacha. If this wasn't the case and I was spending more on gacha than I would normally then I probably wouldn't have played it as much as I did.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

You don't know beforehand if you get your money's worth. You could have spent that 125L and only gotten one shirt and the rest of the pulls being doubles of it. It was a gamble you took.

The top considering its quality would likely have cost 300L per colour from other creators so to my mind, I have 12 pulls for free and the odds of not getting something else of value in one of those is pretty slim. Not much of a gamble when looked at it from that way.

Majority of the complaints I have seen in this thread seem to be more about some creators going overboard on the odds of getting a rare rather than about the moral implications of gambling. Maybe there needs to be some regulation rather than stopping that marketing technique altogether. 

Quality is in the eye of the beholder, that's for sure.  Nothing like seeing a belt that's high poly and using 1024 textures for the buckle.  Just for me to have to modify it so not ludicrous and built properly with custom textures.

Also, I know we can't name and shame.  But one person that quit posting in here, is probably due to the fact they went to show me this "Awsome Gacha" that had fitted mesh for many bodies.  Know what I saw?  They took a full perm kit from Marketplace, and turned it into a no-copy Gacha.  I was dying....  with laughter...

Edited by Komarimono
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Finite said:

I don't understand the angst towards people who enjoyed gacha.

Understand the legislation taking a hold on gachaMACHINES is like parenting control in routers. It's enforced, but perhaps never used and having this ban as a consequence for those machines. LL doesn' t perhaps need to comply legally, but they obviously want to.

I.e. it' s not about what we enjoy as adults.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

They took a full perm kit from Marketplace, and turned it into a no-copy Gacha.  I was dying....  with laughter...

Vendors do that with fatpacks as well. That's not only a gacha occurrence. I'd say a pretty hefty % of vendors use premade mesh. Which is why I often question the originality of the ones that are just solids. Essentially one texture edited in photoshop with variations of color layers. The mesh is so nice why would they slack off on texturing it? Probably because they didn't make it. At least that's my perception.

And to the vendors defense: A lot of them have to start off this way in order to be "established" enough to get the rig for the major bodies to make their own clothing.

Edited by Finite

23 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Understand the legislation taking a hold on gachaMACHINES is like parenting control in routers. It's enforced, but perhaps never used and having this ban as a consequence for those machines. LL doesn' t perhaps need to comply legally, but the obviously want to.

I.e. it' s not about what we enjoy as adults.

EH? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here or if you meant to reply to me but whatever it is please try being less unnecessarily condescending. It's not very "adult" of you. PS how adult is it to dump money into the game to dress and house our virtual dolls? Yet we do it anyways.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finite said:

EH? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here or if you meant to reply to me but whatever it is please try being less unnecessarily condescending. It's not very "adult" of you.

I'm trying to say that it' s not about us. It' s  about parents demanding protection for their children online. That is the snowball outside of SL what started it all.

• Like 1

Just now, TDD123 said:

I'm trying to say that it' s not about us. It' s  about parents demanding protection for their children online. That is the snowball outside of SL what started it all.

I understand this just I don't understand how this pertains to what you quoted me on. So you're saying your angst against me or people who play gacha is about parents demanding protection for their children online? I think my angst would be against parents who allow their kids to play secondlife. I've said something similar before, I'd literally hand my phone to my kid and allow them to play video poker all day while drinking rum and coke before I'd let them within 10 feet of playing secondlife.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Finite said:

Vendors do that with fatpacks as well. That's not only a gacha occurrence. I'd say a pretty hefty % of vendors use premade mesh. Which is why I often question the originality of the ones that are just solids. Essentially one texture edited in photoshop with variations of color layers. The mesh is so nice why would they slack off on texturing it? Probably because they didn't make it. At least that's my perception.

And to the vendors defense: A lot of them have to start off this way in order to be "established" enough to get the rig for the major bodies to make their own clothing.

I just found it humorous was all, since they were claiming how skilled that Gacha creator was in rigging for so many bodies and how the change will affect them, when they did none of the work.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

I just found it humorous was all, since they were claiming how skilled that Gacha creator was in rigging for so many bodies and how the change will affect them, when they did none of the work.

Yes definitely humorous. 

Edited by Finite

1 hour ago, Finite said:

So you're saying your angst against me or people who play gacha is about parents demanding protection for their children online?

The latter. They demand it by legislation, politicians provide for it.

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The top considering its quality would likely have cost 300L per colour from other creators so to my mind, I have 12 pulls for free and the odds of not getting something else of value in one of those is pretty slim. Not much of a gamble when looked at it from that way.

Majority of the complaints I have seen in this thread seem to be more about some creators going overboard on the odds of getting a rare rather than about the moral implications of gambling. Maybe there needs to be some regulation rather than stopping that marketing technique altogether. 

And all those 12 pulls are gambling since you are paying for something you don't know.

32 minutes ago, TommyLaflare said:

I see so many toxic comments. What a nice community. If I see a post about breedables being banned do I go there laughing and being rude to everyone? No because I have the brain capacity to understand that everyone has different interests and probably feel bad for those who have their passion crushed out of SL.  So unfortunate that again the 1% ruin it for the rest of us. 

Nobody in SL has ruined it for those who enjoy gacha's. The laws and legislations forced LL to act, not its users.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.