New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have a shopping addiction in real! My recovery has been to substitute S/L to get my fix. Costs me oodles less and it stores so much easier!

Exactly, maybe I should quit shopping in SL. That I can admit is an unnecessary expenditure. Oh wait maybe I don thave a shopping addiction. Great now I'm in denial. I must seek help.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

But LL doesn't need, at this time, to regulate any of 

Ok so because nobody have to regulate means that all is ok....and btw they said it s importante to know what you buy, and the belt system let you know what are you buying and if u don t wanna buy it because is not what you want you can buy later on on MP.....LL don t care if u want the item 1 instead of item 10......also because for have item 1 u have multiple choices buy from the machine or buy the full set or buy the item u want from MP

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But LL doesn't need, at this time, to regulate any of that.

But then it should not be used as a justification for limiting Gacha style vendors. If it becomes about it being an addiction to certain people, then it would only be right to also address it for those addicted to shopping, slex etc.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Finite said:

3 pull limit on an a box that has 20+ items in it? So basically you (or the hypothetical) were only playing for the rare, had no interest in anything else but to sell the rare for some obscene price and had no interest in the set. So ya you were basically gambling. The rest of us were enjoying a different shopping experience.  And not all gacha vendors were predatory. Yes of course some were but they weren't the majority.

Buttt... buttt... buttt... isn't only pulling three times just fine because everything in the selection is desirable and worth the pull price?

• Like 2

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

Buttt... buttt... buttt... isn't only pulling three times just fine because everything in the selection is desirable and worth the pull price?

Not if you're only going for one thing (as I said). But nice try.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

I'd happily pay $10 USD, which is a little over 2k $L, for a quality product.  Vs having to spend thousands more trying to get something from a Gacha.  I literally have 2,713 Gachas I have no use for, and cannot get rid of other then deleting them, just for trying for things like a Uncommon shoulder piece, or a rare corset, or boots that come with a HUD, or gloves that fit my body I want to style.  And yes...  There's Gachas where even the body you get is random!  So you'll get the item, but it's for Maitreya and not for Freya.

So are you anti gacha so that you will in future have less temptation to deal with?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

I'd happily pay $10 USD, which is a little over 2k $L, for a quality product.  Vs having to spend thousands more trying to get something from a Gacha.  I literally have 2,713 Gachas I have no use for, and cannot get rid of other then deleting them, just for trying for things like a Uncommon shoulder piece, or a rare corset, or boots that come with a HUD, or gloves that fit my body I want to style.  And yes...  There's Gachas where even the body you get is random!  So you'll get the item, but it's for Maitreya and not for Freya.

I haven't seen these. I've seen gachas that let you pick which body you want and others that have 2 or 3 bodies in them so you can keep the one you wanted and sell the body you didnt want. And other than 2 occasions from really bad gachas that I shouldn't have played (in hindsight) I've never spent "thousands" more than the cost of a fatpack of equal quality. Usually it ends up about the same.

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So are you anti gacha so that you will in future have less temptation to deal with?

It's not temptation, is having to pay for far more then I should need to, to get an item I would enjoy.  Big difference.  Money isn't an issue for me as others are claiming in this thread, for on how they need their "cheap Gachas".  When they themselves refuse to admit even they get annoyed when get something they didn't want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stella Davros said:

Ok so because nobody have to regulate means that all is ok....and btw they said it s importante to know what you buy, and the belt system let you know what are you buying and if u don t wanna buy it because is not what you want you can buy later on on MP.....LL don t care if u want the item 1 instead of item 10......also because for have item 1 u have multiple choices buy from the machine or buy the full set or buy the item u want from MP

Has anyone read the blog post?  The didn't say they got rid of gachas because of anyone's gambling addiction.  If someone, somewhere decides to regulate cartoon sex, they may need to do.something about that.  Not because they care about anyone's addiction but because they don't want to run afoul of any laws or potential laws/lawsuits.  No one cares what you are or are not addicted to.

Due to a changing regulatory climate, we’ve had to make the difficult decision to sunset a very popular sales mechanism for content in Second Life.  It’s widely known as "gacha", and is defined by a chance-based outcome as a result of a payment.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

It's not temptation, is having to pay for far more then I should need to, to get an item I would enjoy.  Big difference.  Money isn't an issue for me as others are claiming in this thread, for on how they need their "cheap Gachas".  When they themselves refuse to admit even they get annoyed when get something they didn't want.

You didn't have to pay anything. If in your opinion there are other better quality things to spend your Ls on then walking away from a gacha shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finite said:

You didn't have to pay anything. If in your opinion there are other better quality things to spend your Ls on then walking away from a gacha shouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Oh?  So because I wanted that one item, I wasn't forced to pay to try and get it?  I don't think you know what you're trying to say, other then trying to insult me.  I know exactly what I was doing, I know what I wanted.  I was just aggravated and annoyed that to get what I want, was random, and left me with items I did not want.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Has anyone read the blog post?  The didn't say they got rid of gachas because of anyone's gambling addiction.  If someone, somewhere decides to regulate cartoon sex, they may need to do.something about that.  Not because of they care about anyone's addiction but because they don't want to run afoul of any laws or potential laws/lawsuits.  No one cares what you are or are not addicted to.

Due to a changing regulatory climate, we’ve had to make the difficult decision to sunset a very popular sales mechanism for content in Second Life.  It’s widely known as "gacha", and is defined by a chance-based outcome as a result of a payment.  

Exactly get rid of gachas= pay money for have random items

Conveyor belt = you know what are you buyng

That's why they said that is fine....they don t talk about addiction cause in any platform nobody care , as well they dont care if u want item 1 instead of item 10 cause you have other ways for have it, just here we start to talk of addictions and trust there is many addictions worst than gacha

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

But then it should not be used as a justification for limiting Gacha style vendors. If it becomes about it being an addiction to certain people, then it would only be right to also address it for those addicted to shopping, slex etc.

Take it up with LL. This is not a debate about should gacha be banned or regulated. The hammer has fallen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Komarimono said:

Oh?  So because I wanted that one item, I wasn't forced to pay to try and get it?  I don't think you know what you're trying to say, other then trying to insult me.  I know exactly what I was doing, I know what I wanted.  I was just aggravated and annoyed that to get what I want, was random, and left me with items I did not want.

Well the justification I see for Gacha's in those cases is that for a small amount of L$ I get the chance I might get the item instead of having to pay the fatpack or full set price otherwise. I much rather invest 150-300L for a few Gacha pulls than having to pay 1000L+ for getting the full set which includes all the items I didn't need to obtain the one I do. The math is certainly better for Gacha's in some cases.

1 minute ago, Komarimono said:

What was insulting? 

9 minutes ago, Finite said:

If something I said is insulting, please report it rather than make accusations here.

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Take it up with LL. This is not a debate about should gacha be banned or regulated. The hammer has fallen.

Posting in this thread is taking it up with LL as the OP specifically says it is to discuss the policy change. From that perspective you might have noticed there has been changes already to the extent that the new policy will be enacted with consideration of the Conveyor belt system. The only thing the hammer has fallen on is the term "Gacha".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finite said:

What was insulting? 

If something I said is insulting, please report it rather than make accusations here.

By insinuating I didn't have to pay anything, to try and get behind the hidden pay wall to get something I did want.

Either way, Gacha will soon be perma gone and we'll be left with something far worse.

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Posting in this thread is taking it up with LL as the OP specifically says it is to discuss the policy change. From that perspective you might have noticed there has been changes already to the extent that the new policy will be enacted with consideration of the Conveyor belt system. The only thing the hammer has fallen on is the term "Gacha".

.. go and read the announcement again. We can wait.

21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well the justification I see for Gacha's in those cases is that for a small amount of L$ I get the chance I might get the item instead of having to pay the fatpack or full set price otherwise. I much rather invest 150-300L for a few Gacha pulls than having to pay 1000L+ for getting the full set which includes all the items I didn't need to obtain the one I do. The math is certainly better for Gacha's in some cases.

It sounds like you're basing your whole argument on what happened when you got very lucky while pulling at prices that are about a third of normal. Here's the shopping guide for the last Arcade event. Note that most of the clothing was $75 per pull; also note how often matching sets are split.

http://thearcadesl.com/shopping-guides/june-2021/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.