Relog!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life: The message sent to (group) is still being processed.
If the message does not appear in the next few minutes, it may have been dropped by the server.

Why is this still happening? I thought all their servers, including chat servers were in the cloud!? Well, I had to relog! to fix that issue just like I relog! to fix every single issue on this wonky platform.

Things not rezzing in around you? Relog!

Cant chat in group? Relog!

Can't teleport? Relog!

Can't rez anything? Relog!

Having some random problem? Relog!

Relogging doesn't fix everything, but it fixes a lot if not most. Its the go-to solution to fix whatever issue you're having. You could relog! multiple times a day, relog! 10 times in an hour, or if youre lucky relog! once or twice in a day. What I'm saying is....relogging! is part of slife.

• Like 2

I tend to log on to SL at the end of my workday during the week (and roughly mid-morning on the weekends) and stay on until bedtime -- and I almost never have to relog.   

A super botched TP failure will require a relog, but I've never relogged to resolve other issues.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I tend to log on to SL at the end of my workday during the week (and roughly mid-morning on the weekends) and stay on until bedtime -- and I almost never have to relog.   

A super botched TP failure will require a relog, but I've never relogged to resolve other issues.

Consider yourself lucky xD. Your time is coming though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Second Life: The message sent to (group) is still being processed.
If the message does not appear in the next few minutes, it may have been dropped by the server.

Just close the group chat and open it again. That normally works nowadays

Maybe something else is off for you? I only have to relog when I accidentally rez a no copy item on mesh and it disappears x3 beside that I don't need relogs! I usually log in after coming home from work, wander off ... play a little ...wander off and so on XD and often I even forget to logout until the morning when I grab my stuff for work x3 but even on long sessions without being my usual AFK self I do not have to relog x3 but then again SL is really weird sometimes, so many things can cause disruptions like that, be it the wrong kind of router (dunno maybe some are just not SLs type and she's not dating everyone?) XD then it's GPU and so on! I have a friend that had often TP problems so we tried to fix his stuff (he is a neighbor in RL lol) end of story was however that when he deleted his Firefox browser and installed chrome it never happened again. We are all certain that Firefox was not the problem but it magically solved the problem. SL is just a lady that is not that easily to please I have the feeling XD

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 1

Remember this?: Whenever you would try to rez that rare No Copy gacha on this ill-designed mesh surface, it would disappear from your inventory and your viewer would go like this?

Failed to place object at specified location.  Please try again.

And then you would have to relog because the No Copy gacha was completely gone? Not on the floor and not in your inv? Well...

No more!

Now, the gacha reappears instantly in your inv again. Without relogging!

giphy.webp

Rejoice, peoples of the Second Lives! No more relog!

I haven’t had to relog in my SL sessions. I did experience a long load time for objects and textures recently but I just tabbed over to a web browser for a minute and everything loaded when I tabbed back to SL. I haven’t seen any other issues recently.

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Remember this?: Whenever you would try to rez that rare No Copy gacha on this ill-designed mesh surface, it would disappear from your inventory and your viewer would go like this?

And then you would have to relog because the No Copy gacha was completely gone? Not on the floor and not in your inv? Well...

No more!

Now, the gacha reappears instantly in your inv again. Without relogging!

giphy.webp

Rejoice, peoples of the Second Lives! No more relog!

Um, not always.  I just had that happen the other day.  Wasn't there until I relogged later.

Am I missing out on some fun?  I can't remember the last time I had to relog!  

Before relogging have you checked the statistics window to see if there are issues with ping time or packet loss?  Perhaps there's some issues in the chain of network connections from your PC to SL's servers.  Personally I would not have expected "being in the cloud" to be a fix-all either - whether I'm connecting to a server at a private data center A or a business that hosts other businesses' services at data center B, there are still the network paths to be navigated there and back from my PC at home.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Am I missing out on some fun?  I can't remember the last time I had to relog!  

Before relogging have you checked the statistics window to see if there are issues with ping time or packet loss?  Perhaps there's some issues in the chain of network connections from your PC to SL's servers.  Personally I would not have expected "being in the cloud" to be a fix-all either - whether I'm connecting to a server at a private data center A or a business that hosts other businesses' services at data center B, there are still the network paths to be navigated there and back from my PC at home.

Well I can tell you it’s not my connection. Go to Exhale for 2 hours and tp home. You’ll need to relog too.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:40 AM, Sid Nagy said:

There were times when SL's snake oil was "clear cache".
It seems that "relog" has the same super powers.

Clearing the cache was demonstrated to be an unnecessary step, thankfully people eventually started listening to actual developers pointing out the relog was what helped.

You're just going to have to take our word for it that relogging should be the first thing to try when the viewer has problems, and that relogging every now and then is generally a good idea .. for incomprehensible intensely technical reasons no one has the patience to explain for the 5000th time :)

"Turning it off and on again" puts you stuff into a known clean start and also makes diagnosing problems much easier. That's why it's the first step in every tech support for everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

I'm very seldom have issues with SL the last years. (me knocks on wood).
Maybe it is the browser I use.  😁

No worries, I show myself out.

That would be the upgrade to a 64bit OS and viewer. The bad stuff still happens, it just doesn't bring the house down within the average session length.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.