Is it ok non premium account to post in the forum?

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

There have been innumerable valuable contributions to this forum by those who do not have premium accounts. Likewise, there has been plenty of valueless drivel posted on the forum by some who have  one who has a premium accounts.

The value of one's contribution to a community should not be equated to the value of one's contributions to its coffers.

By "some who have"   you mean "one who has"    There's only one person who keep making the absurd proposal that only premiums should post in forums. 

EDIT:     YAY!!!!!  First in on page 6. 

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Drakeo said:

Damage is done it is archived for ever. And yes you a basic account vested and the premium account  suffer.

Not everything is archived for ever. Lots of really stupid or hate-filled threads get nuked never to be seen again, as does spam.

We do not suffer any more from them any more than we're suffering from this thread. (and for the record yes I am Premium and have been for the past 3 or 4 years).

Edited by Maitimo

3 hours ago, Drakeo said:

This stuff isn't free. And rude behavior should not be part of the knowledge base.

And to archive it for years to come devalues the the system.

This is a point of view from a simple search .

Number 1, the knowledge base is a completely different thing than the forums.  That you can access it from the menu here is irrelevant.

Number 2, looking back over YOUR archived post history is very illuminating.  

Number 3, I search all the time for threads pertinent to someone's question.  I can't recall ever finding a thread that was trolled in the way you seem to think.  Perhaps if you showed a few examples of these threads being trolled?  How have you come to the conclusion they were trolled by basic accounts?  Just from checking avatar age?  What I do notice is that sometimes new people ask questions that make me shake my head in wonder.  In fact, looking at a few threads you've started (like this one), I wonder if it's you that trolls US.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2021 at 10:47 PM, Drakeo said:

Came here to SL  early 2003  then  finally made the dive to stay 2011. I see that  the SL forum is the community and everyone in the world watches this fine platform.

Even Linden Lab investors

So why are there so many strange replies in SL forums.

Even though your not a Linden but you may be one or can be one.  please read the web tools  websource?

Why is this wonderful diverse  community so fast to hurt people feelings?

It is a simple  forum people come in  bring up a topic then you are trolled.

Is this SL. know it  isn't !!!!!!!!

Linden labs  wants a wonderful ethic community. Trust me  world  wide ethnics are hear and loved.

But everyday I see the forum ganging up on people the same people. ARE these LINDENS alts?

Would you ever know.?

Fact is this is one of the finest platform that has ever been maintained.

Yet the average person that has a view is ostracized.  Day in day out these same avatars that actually own stores in SL are here to just make fun of you. 

Is this SL or is this about  none premium accounts  posting in here that have nothing to lose.

Yes  the premium account ability to post in here  such as my alt adam01time. leaves this forum  to people not vested in this platform.

Why would you  Linden labs defend people that may hurt your  premium accounts.  Or do they?

When the regular drop is "Rare" but the special drop is "Uncommon":  arknights

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Number 1, the knowledge base is a completely different thing than the forums.  That you can access it from the menu here is irrelevant.

Number 2, looking back over YOUR archived post history is very illuminating.  

Number 3, I search all the time for threads pertinent to someone's question.  I can't recall ever finding a thread that was trolled in the way you seem to think.  Perhaps if you showed a few examples of these threads being trolled?  How have you come to the conclusion they were trolled by basic accounts?  Just from checking avatar age?  What I do notice is that sometimes new people ask questions that make me shake my head in wonder.  In fact, looking at a few threads you've started (like this one), I wonder if it's you that trolls US.

I no longer wonder.  I am certain.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

OP's only upset that people disagree with him, obviously it must be because they are just basic trolls. Don't they know who he is?

He would like them to think he is a "Linden" because in his wee mind, he thinks premiums are a "Linden"   He's more or less said so in 2 separate threads

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

When the regular drop is "Rare" but the special drop is "Uncommon":  arknights

yes it was.  I happened to see that post before it had any replies.  It had over 45 views before someone took the bait and replied.  Strategically posted on the weekend so it could get the most bang for it's buck too.

ibtl.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

yes it was.  I happened to see that post before it had any replies.  It had over 45 views before someone took the bait and replied.  Strategically posted on the weekend so it could get the most bang for it's buck too.

ibtl.gif

I was actually trying to post in other threads to move it down the ladder some out of upper view, but kinda got distracted by reading other posts in the other threads.. hehehe

Well I warned you all that someone in our midst was a troll and should be ignored.

But the moderator hid my post.

Perhaps Drakeo IS a real Linden, posting under an alt.  Of course I am only joking, OR AM I ?

:) 😎

Edited by Jaylinbridges
I would never call a specific person a troll. Trolls live in the forest and have funny ears.

12 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Well I warned you all that he was a troll and should be ignored.

Perhaps Drakeo IS a real Linden, posting under an alt.  Of course I am only joking, OR AM I ?

:) 😎

Yeah, we all figured out what he was about from his last thread.  His posting history is basically a lot of the same.  We is all smart like that.

15 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Well I warned you all that he was a troll and should be ignored.

I believe calling someone a troll is prohibited, as there is a rule against name-calling. For example, you can't call someone an idiot and generally get away with it on a forum that prohibits name-calling.

One must be sneaky. You could say, instead of calling him a troll: 

"I do believe there is an entity in our midst who is not engaging in all seriousness with other participants presenting their current opinions. In fact, considering numerous posts by this entity within our midst, I suspect he may be trying to disrupt the positive energy flow normally present on our fine platform".

And I am in a fine and silly mood today   :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drakeo said:

I disagree with your post. I prove it to my self every day searching these topics. If your offended that was never my reason.

My reason is there isn't any true  recourse for the troll in here.  Damage has been made.

The thread has and will be locked the history has been archived. Only the premium accounts can truly suffer.

What kind of fresh holy hell is this? You think basic accounts don't suffer from being attacked by trolls? You think basic accounts don't deserve to be treated with the same human decency premium accounts are treated with? 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

It is food for thought. But after  4 years of  creating a data base. Time to help the new linden team.

I see so many new lindens that for got  the past .

It is about the account .

We have the smallest  Dev team ever thank god they get stuff done.

Nat has it easy compared to OZ.

OMG OZ chased cats then said this is how we build it . Never Hide never impersonate

and Nat makes sure you can see his RL just like OZ  just like all the devs. As  they should they  build your world everyday.

They all give up their  RL to make sure you  are covered not exploited.

we are are lindens  and we all need to help them.

That is a direct Drakeo quote from his recent (closed) thread.  So, is he a Linden, an ex-Linden, the new Oz, or the Great Pretender?

I will leave it up to the forum to decide.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

In the past I might agree with Drakeo on the importance of the premium member but it is no longer a world where the subscription based massively multiplayer online game is king. A long time ago, free to play with microtransactions became the new normal and many companies have tried to relaunch with subscribers but eventually turned free to play. Don't underestimate the SL marketplace. I'm pretty sure non-premium accounts buying virtual goods and renting land are a very significant source of earnings for LL.

These forums are zero profit for LL (it's a loss leader actually) but it acts as an impromptu customer service provided by residents. Go look at the Answers Forum here. You'll see helpful answers without any peanut gallery comments. Can you imagine the cost of all the customer service people you'd have to hire to provide the same service? At Nintendo, there was a group of customer service reps who were the game gurus and as part of their job they had to play games for hours and hours to become experts. That company kept these experts on the payroll at a loss in order to help it's customers. These SL forums provide that same service at the low price of running a forum. I'm always impressed with the depth of SL knowledge provided by everyone.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.