Is it ok non premium account to post in the forum?

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I have a Premium alt that never posts here.  She's afraid to post in this forum because she doesn't want to be stalked by forum drunks.

I have a basic and premium alt.. They are both driving me to no end crazy..

They spend my money like it grows on trees and are always talking behind my back..

I never told them about the forums, because I just know they'd be teaming up on the whole time..

It's bad enough that every time I come on , my house looks like someone had a super bowl party in it.. I just know they are sleeping all over the grid and gonna end up pregnant..

That'll just mean kids running around the place getting into all my stuff..

Yea, I'm never telling them about this place.. It just wouldn't be good at all, for any of us..

hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the word troll gets a bit over used today as well..

There are trolls and then there are people being called trolls for disagreeing with someone or for other things that nobody would be called a troll for in the past..

Trolling is fishing to suck people into something like a flame war for the fun of it..

I don't really see a whole lot of that these days compared to the past..

If someone is being a smartass, that's all that is, smartassness..

Most of the threads on the front page of this section of the forums are from regulars in the forums and many are long lasting threads.. Many that get locked are from long term regulars as well going off topic or whatever reasons..

If someone comes in here to vent and leave, they pretty much say what they want and leave the thread most of the time to never return..

sometimes they spark subjects and sometimes they get locked and sometimes they just fade away..

I don't really see a breakout of trolls in the forums.. There was a time though that trolls did visit a lot more..

I've been in every version of the forums and feel pretty confident in saying, we've had for worse times in the past..

So I'd say, even though nobody knows what kind of an account someone else has.. I think anyone that logs in world should be able to post and use the forums until they lost the privilege to do either..

omg, why are my posts getting longer!! \o/

I need to not be so, why so serious.. hehehe

Yes Ceka but we’re horsey girls and we know 💩 when we see it… we clean a ton of it every day 😆🐴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Drakeo said:

Came here to SL  early 2003  then  finally made the dive to stay 2011. I see that  the SL forum is the community and everyone in the world watches this fine platform.

Even Linden Lab investors

So why are there so many strange replies in SL forums.

Even though your not a Linden but you may be one or can be one.  please read the web tools  websource?

Why is this wonderful diverse  community so fast to hurt people feelings?

It is a simple  forum people come in  bring up a topic then you are trolled.

Is this SL. know it  isn't !!!!!!!!

Linden labs  wants a wonderful ethic community. Trust me  world  wide ethnics are hear and loved.

But everyday I see the forum ganging up on people the same people. ARE these LINDENS alts?

Would you ever know.?

Fact is this is one of the finest platform that has ever been maintained.

Yet the average person that has a view is ostracized.  Day in day out these same avatars that actually own stores in SL are here to just make fun of you. 

Is this SL or is this about  none premium accounts  posting in here that have nothing to lose.

Yes  the premium account ability to post in here  such as my alt adam01time. leaves this forum  to people not vested in this platform.

Why would you  Linden labs defend people that may hurt your  premium accounts.  Or do they?

How does paying to have a premium account make a person more ethical?

What makes you think that non-premiums have nothing to loose?

I’ve paid for premium membership maybe six months out of almost 12 years here.  
The other 120+  months I still bought lindens- about $40 usd a month.

Years later I have nothing tangible I can touch in RL, just an inventory of pixel Barbie doll parts, dream houses etc.

I really don’t relish the idea of loosing access to all of that.  So yes, I would loose.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drakeo said:

But everyday I see the forum ganging up on people the same people. ARE these LINDENS alts?

So now you're insinuating that people who work for LL create alt accounts to gang up on people in the forums?   

I've been a premium member since 2009, six months after I began.  Even if I weren't, I'd still call BS on certain posts.  Should we also include premium status in this viewer tool you want?  So we can know everyone's alts AND whether they are premium?  It's bad enough they show PIOF.  Let's not make anything else common knowledge.

• Like 3

Silent Mistwalker sure has a lot to say.

The premium account has many perks.  It would be sad to see someone extremely vested in  this platform and not

be a premium account. Because LL really has no way to help you if something goes south on that account.

Seen some wonderful replies.

The none premium account is much needed. It is one of the best advertising tools for the platform.

For the public chatroom that can be seen buy every investor  I believe  I can make an argument.

What does the  none premium account have to lose if they come in troll and disrupt.

I make the argument they have nothing to lose.  And the premium account that is vested stands to lose much more.

Trust me I am proof of that. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

What does the  none premium account have to lose if they come in troll and disrupt.

I make the argument they have nothing to lose.  And the premium account that is vested stands to lose much more.

There are many non-premium accounts that own huge amounts of private estates.  One does not have to be premium in order to buy a private region.  

So yes, there are non-premium folks with plenty to lose.

How does a premium member have more to lose than a non-premium?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are many non-premium accounts that own huge amounts of private estates.  One does not have to be premium in order to buy a private region.  

So yes, there are non-premium folks with plenty to lose.

You make a great point. Ask your self why would these avatars be so invested in the platform and not want the protection

of the premium account. 

But this is about the forum.  Yes if your a bad avatar in here it can and could  affect your inworld experience.

well I am sure there are many wonderful avatars in this forum that could explain the huge benefits better than I.

You have very little recourse or help  as none premium account.

!!!!! The billing staff at Linden labs I give them 5 stars out of five.!!!!

They helped me  several times to understand and taught me how to make the best of my premium.

They did so much more than say this happens for the next billing cycle.

They took time walked me through my dash board explained so much.

All the wonderful Linden Labs lands and stuff you can use the list goes on and on.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Drakeo said:

Came here to SL  early 2003 

Possibly someone else has said this but I can't be bothered wading through more tripe.  No, you didn't come here early 2003.   SL was launched on 23rd June 2003 - past midsummer.   This is another pointless topic, and this will be my only contribution to it.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

You make a great point. Ask your self why would these avatars be so invested in the platform and not want the protection

of the premium account. 

The folks that own huge private estates actually have their own special level of support -- Concierge level.  They get better support than even Premiums receive --- much better.

!!!!! The billing staff at Linden labs I give them 5 stars out of five.!!!!

They helped me  several times to understand and taught me how to make the best of my premium.

They did so much more than say this happens for the next billing cycle.

They took time walked me through my dash board explained so much.

Anyone that can read the Knowledgebase articles will know just as much.

All the wonderful Linden Labs lands and stuff you can use the list goes on and on.

It is Linden Lab (without the 's').  Many folks in SL just do not care about those premium benefits.  

One other point:  If you are bad here in the forums, whether or not you are premium likely does not impact how you are treated by LL.  HOW LONG you have been in SL will likely have just as much impact.  And Premium support will not help you at all if your account gets banned.  You have to go through the same appeal process as any regular account.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

Finally it comes down to the avatars that pay for the product. That is how this forum is maintained.

The  premium account is the back bone to Linden Lab's .

My fellow avatars should feel great pride in bring such a fine product to the basic account.

• Haha 3

My alts aren't premium.  They sure can spend the money, though.  They have payment info, too.

So how exactly do they NOT contribute to SL aside from the cost of premium?  At one time, one was even renting a large parcel.  Again, feeding the LL machine.  In fact, as a group, they have probably spent more RL money than if even one were premium.  The only thing the do not get is Live Chat support.  The rest, mainland, stipend, extra groups, they don't even need.

Your logic is terribly flawed.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

What about all those that choose not to be premium but pump loads of money in to LL buying L$ or buying and paying tier to own private regions

I think you have a wonderful point but This pertains to the forum.

Just like the premium accounts that pay for the server space for the basic accounts.

Not going to go there because the same thing hold true for the server space of this forum.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

The  premium account is the back bone to Linden Lab's .

Premium, paid yearly, costs US $99.  For that, in addition to the other benefits, LL gives me L$15,600 in stipends.

If I spend the $99 US buying L$, I can get L$22,080 today.

So my Premium membership is really only giving LL the equivalent of L$6480 -- which is roughly US $25 for the ENTIRE YEAR.

LL having to maintain the land that contains my Linden Home (i.e. the server behind it), digs into the $25 also.

Those that own private regions are paying LL US $229 MONTLY.

So.... Who is giving LL more money?

8 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

I really want to keep this about the forum.  Not  the inworld stuff.

Except that you are trying to say that Premiums are what keeps LL alive and thus should have more priority here in the forums.  We are telling you that non-Premiums add just as much, if not more, to LL's pocketbook.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

The inworld stuff been around a long time.  I do not want to get off subject.

This is a very old issue inworld.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/352/6f/293887/10.html

Little help  Rowan would be welcomed.

Ok fine.  No, there is no reason whatsoever to only allow premium members to post on the forums.  None, nada.  It's counter productive.  As I already mentioned, new people post all of the time searching for help in one way or another.  Not allowing that defeats the entire purpose of most sections.  The Answers section.  The Land for Rent section.  Destinations and upcoming events.

So...NO.  You have yet to give one good reason why it should be premium only.  People disliking your posts doesn't count, btw.

• Like 4

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

As I already mentioned, new people post all of the time searching for help in one way or another.  Not allowing that defeats the entire purpose of most sections.  The Answers section.  The Land for Rent section.  Destinations and upcoming events.

Thank you for your brilliant reply. this is the best form of advertising the premium accounts should be proud of.

Rowan you made my day.

• Confused 2

Just now, Drakeo said:

Thank you for your brilliant reply. this is the best form of advertising the premium accounts should be proud of.

Rowan you made my day.

Work on those reading and comprehending skills.  It's actually a post against allowing premium only to post on the forums.  If anything, it should be more new user friendly.  Yet they'll come here and read YOUR post telling them they don't belong here.

Great advertising against SL.  Bravo.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

The inworld stuff been around a long time.  I do not want to get off subject.

"Inworld stuff" is the only difference between Premium and Non-premium (and Region owners). 

If you rule that out, the entire premise of your thread means nothing. There is no difference between these types of accounts on the forum, and so there shouldn't be. The forum exists to help new residents learn how to do things in SL, and the vast majority of new residents are not premium. If only premium accounts were allowed here it could not possibly serve its purpose. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.