Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I are a DJ, I thought I would chime in.

To Drakeo's point:  I don't think its fraud in a literal sense of the word. First of all, to be fraud involves  a rather large amount of money. If I get a 100L tip that's only 42 cents in RL USD.   Hardly fraud.   And if the DJ announces that he/she is also the hostess as an alt, they aren't really hiding anything. And the audience has the right to tip one, both, or neither.

I do think it is disingenuous to double dip as DJ and host. Pick one.  

Drakeo, you also say this happens a lot.  In my 11 years in SL and 8 as a DJ I've never seen it.   It is difficult to do both jobs. I can't imagine doing both at one time. 

• Like 3

fact is If your canoe is stuck in a tree with the headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?

the truth is. Ask  tesla NASA does not have the data base anymore.

How much does it cost to orbit the sun,

look at the open taxes of Tesla corp. just like LL.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Since I are a DJ, I thought I would chime in.

To Drakeo's point:  I don't think its fraud in a literal sense of the word. First of all, to be fraud involves  a rather large amount of money. If I get a 100L tip that's only 42 cents in RL USD.   Hardly fraud.   And if the DJ announces that he/she is also the hostess as an alt, they aren't really hiding anything. And the audience has the right to tip one, both, or neither.

Drakeo, you also say this happens a lot.  In my 11 years in SL and 8 as a DJ I've never seen it.   It is difficult to do both jobs. I can't imagine doing both at one time. 

Doris you are a huge contributor to SL  many do not know this. And Why?

You have given so much to the platform  hours day  etc.

Find your self teleported to a place where it is not about you . I it is about  Thugs  begging.  The crowd looks cool . But  you are really in a three card monte 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-card_Monte

this platform should be above this.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Doris you are a huge contributor to SL  many do not know this. And Why?

You have given so much to the platform  hours day  etc.

Find your self teleported to a place where it is not about you . I it is about  Thugs  begging.  The crowd looks cool . But  you are really in a three card monte 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-card_Monte

this platform should be above this.

First, I am simply an avatar in a MMO. 

Second, I know what 3 card monte is, so don't need the definition. 

Third. DJs and hosts rarely "beg".  It is common for the host let the crowd know that the DJ is working hard for you and I do the same for the Host   Or to tip the venue.  Having said that: YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO EVER TIP ANYONE AT ANYTIME. Tip at your own risk.  Or don't tip and you are risk free. 

And a ava who works as DJ and Host at the same time is nowhere in the neighborhood of 3 card monte.

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 3

Just now, Doris Johnsky said:

First, I am simply an avatar in a MMO. 

Second, I know what 3 card monte is, so don't need the definition. 

Third. DJs and hosts rarely "beg".  It is common for the host let the crowd know that the DJ is working hard for you and I do the same for the Host   Or to tip the venue.  Having said that: YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO EVER TIP ANYONE AT ANYTIME. Tip at your own risk.  Or don't tip and you are risk free. 

This is simple you want to rez an imposter to beg for money or not

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

Dude. I don't even know what you mean by that. 

He is conflating the use/presence of an Alt Account to fill the role of a DJ or Host - while both being tippable - with impersonating another person and with defrauding individuals.

Despite the simple reality/fact being that the two sets - a tippable Alt and Impersonation/defrauding - are not even remotely in the same wheelhouse let alone on the same planet.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

He is conflating the use/presence of an Alt Account to fill the role of a DJ or Host - while both being tippable - with impersonating another person and with defrauding individuals.

He is implying that I do that.  I have not.  

And would add that "defrauding"   is prolly not the right term. 

Even if said Host makes 2K in a set. That's only $8.34US.   Wow. They breaking me.

Edited by Doris Johnsky

Just now, Doris Johnsky said:

Dude. I don't even know what you mean by that. 

look dear if you read my first post understand how much you give away  to Alts  then you would  then reply. fact here Thugs create avatars and LL not creating the tools or helping the client. That said they are but  are not  showing the tools or helping the accounts how to  show the fraud it is  very simple tool from My end  Very  stupid hard from their in. But so the FBI task force will bring this  to them. And like any  Dev  we know we need to create a tool not to hurt the account using the  Law abiding client .

LL is doing this as we speak the love all the accounts that pay the pay check.

Me I have nothing to lose. Just an avatar right.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Doris Johnsky said:

He is implying that I do that.  I have not.  

He is implying that anyone who uses an Alt in such a manner is engaging in criminal activity while - in some posts/responses - implying that the use of an Alt at all is using an "impostor" .... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

look dear if you read my first post understand how much you give away  to Alts  then you would  then reply. fact here Thugs create avatars and LL not creating the tools or helping the client. That said they are but  are not  showing the tools or helping the accounts how to  show the fraud it is  very simple tool from My end  Very  stupid hard from their in. But so the FBI task force will bring this  to them. And like any  Dev  we know we need to create a tool not to hurt the account using the  Law abiding client .

LL is doing this as we speak the love all the accounts that pay the pay check.

Me I have nothing to lose. Just an avatar right.

You're implication is that this practice of double dipping happens at a rate to come to the level of fraud.   I disagree.  It may happen but it's not as prevalent and you think.

And don't call me "dear".  

Just now, Solar Legion said:

He is implying that anyone who uses an Alt in such a manner is engaging in criminal activity while - in some posts/responses - implying that the use of an Alt at all is using an "impostor" .... 

any thing fraud in SL is in TOS

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

As as tipper, rather than either a DJ or Host or other working position, I don't have a problem with the same person doing multiple jobs via multiple accounts logged in at once. If they are good at it, they'll get tipped on all of the accounts that do the job well.  If they can't manage to do all of the positions well, then I'm sure the tips will reflect that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

And I am saying is it not fraud.  Why?  Because we have the right to tip or not.  We are not forced to do this. Not do I think it happens as much as he thinks it does.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.