How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Just a quick peek in the MP yields these results for complete avatars costing between L$0 and L$10.  I may need to do some shopping!!

image.thumb.jpeg.6934f23c14cea5a8dfee8970bcba501b.jpeg

Let us know if most of those are just shapes with freebie skins, hair, shoes, clothes.  I've seen people come into the forums wondering why their avatar still looks like a 2009 noob after purchasing a "complete avatar."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Nothing wrong free or cheap.  Fast, I'm not crazy about.

Honestly though, there ARE some really good freebies, and my female alts have some great cheap shoes and dresses. Toy has a great free dress. It's good promotion to offer free and cheap items. As long as they're actually good. 

I heard about SL back in 2004 and wanted to give it a try. My first SL account, in 2005, was free. I had a wardrobe with over 30 outfits that were all free. I didn't spend a dime and I know it's possible to enjoy SL without spending any money at all. As a newbie, I soon discovered pixel bumping and how scandalous SL can be. I tried a few small scandals, nothing like gallows or anything, then quit SL and deleted my account. Casual pixel bumping was not what I wanted to do. But a year or two after leaving, I was always drawn back to see what else SL had to offer. Around 2015, I experimented with having a paid account and buying things, spending most of my time decorating a linden home and moving to different linden homes. I'd get bored, delete my account and leave again for a year or two. I like creating a new account, choosing a new name, and having an uncluttered inventory. I know there's a lot of people, especially in foreign countries, who can't afford to spend money in SL, but it's still possible to enjoy SL even if everything is entirely free.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2023 at 4:55 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

So much truth there!  I remember, from my early pre-mesh days in SL, saying that only the land barons and skin makers made money.  But you reminded me of that dude whose name I have forgotten too.  There was an interesting video of him using full-body motion capture suits to make his animations (though, sadly, I don't think he included any of the sex anims in the video!)

Ha!  It was Stroker Serpentine I was trying to remember!!

I remember when he left SL for a few years. He was so upset with other adult furniture makers copying his sex engine, that he made it free for anyone who wanted it. It was a box that rezzed poseballs and could be made invisible.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

After a long and enjoyable SL20B vacation, as well as my attempt to find the fabled mega rubber ducky, I'm back to fighting off zombie hordes

Snapshot_436.thumb.png.2cc3f09ada8f9001a5ef1502dc2d71e5.png

These zombies are relentless, they just keep coming back.  The zombie crows are especially nasty baddies, they like to infect me with their zombie taint, the little buggers!  

Otherwise, I have been looking up how APIs work, and trying to figure out if I can create a travelling companion to go along with me on my many adventures.  

• Like 8

Dealing with my 4th Covid infection.  The last one was the beginning of March after a plane flight.  I hate being stuck at home, but having friends who are nice enough to keep me company (as long as I can stay awake anyway) sure helps the isolation.  

My latest temporary house decorating project has been ongoing for a couple weeks.  I put this pond together and absolutely love it.  I might have to recreate it somewhere more permanent.  This is the backyard of a Linden Home and I change every few months.  Thanks @Bagnu for keeping me company yesterday even though I could barely string together a coherent sentence. 

image.thumb.jpeg.10fcb00366986b715ca7cfca5cb99609.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3b553647510a61a6a9d4ac309e9cc56.jpeg

Later in the afternoon I attended a story reading followed by a bit of music and dancing. Blues make everything better.

image.thumb.png.9384eaef4379639816885dfb98057af8.png

/me looks around at the 4 walls surrounding her and comes to the realization that she is stuck here until Thursday.  Come on SL!  I need an escape.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Dealing with my 4th Covid infection.  The last one was the beginning of March after a plane flight.  I hate being stuck at home, but having friends who are nice enough to keep me company (as long as I can stay awake anyway) sure helps the isolation.  

My latest temporary house decorating project has been ongoing for a couple weeks.  I put this pond together and absolutely love it.  I might have to recreate it somewhere more permanent.  This is the backyard of a Linden Home and I change every few months.  Thanks @Bagnu for keeping me company yesterday even though I could barely string together a coherent sentence. 

Blues make everything better.

1.  Good grief, poor baby!  Stay in SL, it is so much safer than RL!

2.  Good buddies are the second best thing in the world!

3.  Good Blues is THE best thing in the world!

I am often to be found at Fogbound Blues or Tobys Juke Joint so let me know if/when you want more company.  🤠

Forgot to say:  your place is lovely, great job!

Edited by Leora Greenwood
just a doofus
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for having me over Cinny. I'm always happy to spend time with you, even if you aren't totally coherent at the time!!!

Sandor and Cinny lounging.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Dealing with my 4th Covid infection.

I think I've only had it once, but it was pretty scary because the infection caused my heart to race for weeks, even after I no longer tested positive for covid.  What a miserable time that was, I hope you are not experiencing too much hardship right now and are getting plenty of rest.  I'm sorry to hear you caught it and hope for a speedy recovery.

In the meantime, I will guard the hospital bed from the zombies in this apocalyptical world.

Snapshot_448.thumb.png.ec1c3e64a04e621bb69ba24dcb055912.png

The zombies are out there, currently hiding, I think I scared them off earlier or perhaps they are chasing some noob around that wandered off from the secured welcome island.

There are beds here, to rest and heal up, and are even some tread mills to build up your endurance 🙃

Snapshot_447.thumb.png.464d40a38169955725590d04cd3d3e72.png

No zombies will get our patients, I'll see to it!  And hey, it looks like for 10L you can get a health potion 😁

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Where is that?  I want to visit.

This is at Grimly's Bloodbath & Beyond Zombie Apocalypse

Beware of the zombies, they are everywhere!  😨  A few even followed me back to a skybox I rented, and started to infect the locals in a city I built.

Snapshot_452.thumb.png.6023428f82bbf073e326f77c22e4e6a4.png

This was once a thriving city, full of culture, entertainment, and a pleasant place to live.. Okay, technically the zombies did not follow me back to my parcel.  I accidently unleashed the zombie virus on it, it was a complete mistake, with total innocent intentions and not my fault I tell you!  The zombie bunnies were cute, and I wanted to keep one as a pet.  Little did I know they had super strength, which ultimately lead to it escaping my apartment and infecting the rest of the city.

(don't mind the tinfoil hat, the alt thread made me a bit paranoid and it is only for protection! 😅)

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Helping one of my friends adjust their makeup with a new alt, in my alt as well, in the background. It was easier helping in a female alt, because I have the same HUD as she does.

Celia and Shado Sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

aaahahaah, her church. Church of sexy librarians 

Hey, I wasn't complaining lol. I could see myself attending regular services.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 1

In all seriousness though, Jenn and I WERE just showing each other the various buildings and objects we have on our individual properties. Nothing happened beyond that.

• Like 2

Back to Sansara, Mainland, the Old World. I bought a nice 2048 parcel with acces to many sailable sims.
I always loved this old continent.

My home is not far from the historic Da Boom sim and not far from the Ivory Tower where I learned the basics of building many years ago

Pic =  got a cotton candy and all old skool builds around me
Its like being a noob again in 2006...lol
As I read in a profile the other day...:   don't let die, the newbie in you :)

Snapshot_001.jpg

• Like 12

On 7/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, Bagnu said:

I really should have called the thread "How does your SL look over the last week". We can't always post the same day LOL!!!

Probably. But I doubt anyone takes the "today" all that seriously. I know I very rarely get an image into the forum that I took the day I post. I suspect many of the others are doing the same.

• Like 4