How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

It feels the same way for me, there is so much to explore, so much to tinker with and so many details I might have missed the first time visiting any exhibit.  I could spend hours a day, and not get to see all of the work involved and that everyone has put a lot of time into.

Such as today, I found another chatbot while exploring, this exhibit  which has no name and asking "Frank" the NPC what the name of the exhibit was, he wrote:

"Ah, dear Stella, the concept of a name is but a mere label that humans attach to objects and places. In the realm of Zen, we understand that names are transitory and hold no inherent meaning. Instead, let us focus on the essence of this lily pad, the interconnectedness it represents, and the tranquility it offers. When we embrace the present moment fully, the need for names dissipates, and we become one with the ever-flowing stream of existence."

I have seen this one earlier, but did not have the time to fully explore it, unfortunately.  

Snapshot_376.thumb.png.78071196bf9c557fbe4132bf13d14fdf.png

It was nice to sit upon a lily pad and talk with Frank the frog, he is incredibly chill.  I would like to come back some time in the future, have more discussions with him, and explore the rest of the exhibit.

I think perhaps making it temporary makes it more special.  Nothing Gold can stay after all, but I really wish it would stay with us a bit longer 🙃

Frank says:
"Greetings, dear Stella. As a zen enlightened frog, I perceive the world through a lens of tranquility and contentment. The concept of time, as we perceive it, is but an illusion. The duration of SLB, or any other phenomenon, is merely a fleeting moment in the grand tapestry of existence.
The nature of impermanence teaches us that all things, including SLB, are subject to change. Just like the ephemeral nature of a lily blooming upon the water's surface, SLB too shall come and go. It is not for us to desire its prolonged existence or hasten its departure.
Instead, let us embrace the present moment, appreciating the beauty of SLB as it unfolds before us. Whether it lasts a short while or an extended period matters not. The essence lies in the experience itself, the delicate dance of life upon the lily pad, and the lessons it imparts upon our froggy souls."

I think I am a bit more of a materialist than Frank is, I want it all right now 

I hope I am not dropped down into the waste below SLB 😱 I want today, tomorrow, and several more weeks😅

*HONK HONK* 😓

(I can envision LL saying "I said good day!")

You see, this for me, is exactly how Second Life should be. Wanting to wander through and touch and interact with everything, appreciating the creativity of others. (And froggy poetry. :) )

And you are absolutely right, of course, that it does make it more special to be only temporary. I think previous SLB celebrations haven't lasted as long as four weeks (I may be wrong, I'm unsure). I feel like it is possible everybody who has ever been part of a group or club will find a photo or a statue of themselves somewhere at this landmark event. I've only dipped in briefly, the longest time was for two hours, and it passed so quickly. Time is not a constant. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm really rather impressed with the surfing. 

It seems there is only one more week available to view SL20B. Crikey! They should extend it for at least another month by the looks of all there is to explore.

It ends tomorrow on the 11th. 😭

Can we persuade the Lindens to keep it open for another 30 days? 300+ exhibits are too massive to visit and interact with them all. I haven't even reached the adult region yet.  @Patch Linden?

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It ends tomorrow on the 11th. 😭

Can we persuade the Lindens to keep it open for another 30 days? 300+ exhibits are too massive to visit and interact with them all. I haven't even reached the adult region yet.  @Patch Linden?

There's a notice in the SL Birthday group.

Patch has generously said that the SL20B regions and the Shop and Hop will stay open thru Sunday, July 16. that means there are still seven more days to enjoy SL20B experience! Have fun! And yes parties at the exhibits are allowed!

Missy ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Patch has generously said that the SL20B regions and the Shop and Hop will stay open thru Sunday, July 16.

Woohoo!  

Snapshot_381.thumb.png.566fd3f5acb950eb3ec1e5399668c412.png

/me cheers @Patch Linden 

Now I can go at a more leisurely speed, while enjoying a bit of the scenery

Snapshot-395.png

I think I will take advantage of this extra time, and do some fishing while exploring, currently catching fish at "A Better Future" exhibit.

Thank you for the update PermaRuthed 🤗

• Like 15

Still in SL20B, now watching a movie at Tomato Productions 

Snapshot_410.thumb.png.6373a9e51e5abc2f80fe1f392ca7f9af.png

I love movie theaters in SL, I know that it is easier to just open it in a browser, but there is something about watching a movie in SL that just hits a sweet spot for me and I get a kick out of it.   One of my earliest memories in SL is hanging out at a theater, and watching some movies, as cheesy as that sounds, and it probably contributed to me sticking around because it fascinated me.  

Zooming out a bit, I am appreciating the scenery, this magnificent golem of sorts tossing a gigantic gyroscope into the air, as digital rain comes down around her is superb, and I am loving the view the entire area, it is like candy to my eyes.

Snapshot_411.thumb.png.e30df4b77271da8c74379d03b453c148.png

The digital rain effects are a gift provided in the exhibit in the building next to me, for those of you interested, it is lovely and reminds me of a 3D Matrix effect.  I'm not sure if it is limited supply, because a poster shows this:

Snapshot_416.thumb.png.4aba2c970c43bbdd3ec3e50e13fb8c66.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

There's a notice in the SL Birthday group.

Patch has generously said that the SL20B regions and the Shop and Hop will stay open thru Sunday, July 16. that means there are still seven more days to enjoy SL20B experience! Have fun! And yes parties at the exhibits are allowed!

Missy ❤️

YAY! Thanks @PermaRuthed! And Thanks @Patch Linden!

Chilling at Drishti Yoga Oasis exhibit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLB Sparkle/92/238/25

original_64ad0a4a0b5fe82e4040972d.png

• Like 17

Before I met Bill, I really enjoyed dancing in SL, but nothing compares to being in love. Most SL DJs are really nice people, they might find good music that we never even heard before. Except for on oldies night, SL DJs don't usually play the same songs most people heard as teenagers and still play to this day. There's so much good new music out there, I don't see why anyone would want to hear the same song a trillion times their entire life. Wouldn't that make somebody's ears cold? People need to go out dancing more. Either that or fall in love more.

Music 002

• Like 16

21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

She was there working when I visited.  I was too star struck to say Hello plus, I didn't want to disturb her.

The picture is from Anna's Many Murders.  Once I figured out how to get inside the upper rooms, it was classic Bryn Oh.  I didn't have time to explore the entire build so I'll be back there soon.

I just noticed that "Anna's Many Murders" is on the SL Login screen right now.

• Like 6

I was looking for Bryn Oh's exhibit, and found a different Immersiva instead, Inmersiva in fact (I should have gone to Specsavers before reading the SL20B guide. It is enjoyable and interesting, on an Adult region, with what is, in my opinion, a brilliant playlist. Credit to Caroly Rossini.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLB Euphoric/102/67/23

Immersiva 1.jpg

Immersiva 2.jpg

Immersiva 3.jpg

Immersiva 4.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
Inmersiva - apologies for error
  • Like 10

19 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Immersiva 4.jpg

Edited just now by Marigold Devin

The Illustrated Man was an interesting story, the movie version (or was it serialized TV?) was unexpected violent for its time.  Anyway, the "Illustrated Man" from the title did not meet a good end.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The Illustrated Man was an interesting story, the movie version (or was it serialized TV?) was unexpected violent for its time.  Anyway, the "Illustrated Man" from the title did not meet a good end.

Ray Bradbury tales are always so sinister, as are ventriloquists' dummies. 

• Like 5

One of Marigold's posts sparked an old memory for me and I just had to take Tiggie to see the SL Botanical Gardens at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Botanical Gardens/17/20/100

I won't deny that they are a bit dated (the region was claimed in November, 2006) but the region is so lovely and it is restful and delightful to sit up here in the floating islands and listen to the soundscape.

image.thumb.jpeg.1d52ae886e0e63a1e9b020e5acf08c8b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.46a1d615a78e8a78025dec914296ac28.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c4c3973df593f5f53f4adc08f84cb92c.jpeg

• Like 13

On 7/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Rowan Amore said:

The picture is from Anna's Many Murders.  Once I figured out how to get inside the upper rooms, it was classic Bryn Oh.

Literally "classic Bryn Oh" -- this is a reboot of an installation she did in 2011.

I haven't seen the new one yet, which I assume has been meshed-up now. I wonder what she has changed?

• Like 2