Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

I wanted to play the devil's advocate with that statement, because some people just are aloof.

and some people in customer services when faced with crisis tend to be more solution-oriented than others

when a customer service we might provide breaks then solution-oriented customer services people look to provide an immediate temporary fix and look at a longer term permanent fix. What they don't do is say stop breaking our service, and you the customer should know better than to sell in-demand  products on our service at prices that you know will be popular

fortunately Linden are into customer services. They are into fixes. Linden were pretty quick to provide a temporary fix solution and good on them. Move the product from the MP to dedicated regions.

the customer service issue isn't that a product offering broke the service. The customer service issue for Linden was: How do we meet the demand from the 1,000s and 1,000s of Linden customers who want this product right now today? And they went with a solution which they were able to implement immediately. Over the next few days/weeks Linden will no doubt look into it more thoroughly and come up with a more permanent solution for in-demand products being sold at popular prices

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

and some people in customer services when faced with crisis tend to be more solution-oriented than others

when a customer service we might provide breaks then solution-oriented customer services people look to provide an immediate temporary fix and look at a longer term permanent fix. What they don't do is say stop breaking our service, and you the customer should know better than to sell in-demand  products on our service at prices that you know will be popular

fortunately Linden are into customer services. They are into fixes. Linden were pretty quick to provide a temporary fix solution and good on them. Move the product from the MP to dedicated regions.

the customer service issue isn't that a product offering broke the service. The customer service issue for Linden was: How do we meet the demand from the 1,000s and 1,000s of Linden customers who want this product right now today? And they went with a solution which they were able to implement immediately. Over the next few days/weeks Linden will no doubt look into it more thoroughly and come up with a more permanent solution for in-demand products being sold at popular prices

They will, however this was actually the responsibility of the creator themselves.  LL does not only cater to one creator and to their fanbase. They cater to thousands of creators and all other customers. Since these other creators also purchase services from LL.  That they will correct this is no problem. But the fault lies on no communication from said creator to LL.  Had there been a notice of this event then LL would have provided a options for the creator. Which were more than likely to create dedicated regions for it.  Had the creator been a large volume one, they may have even discounted or allotted the sims for free with a caveat. The fact is, there seems to not have been any of this. Thus, the fault lies on the lack of communication toward LL. 

However, be that as it may since LL is the owner of all business in marketplace. They will take full responsibility and create more than likely the channel of communication with all large creators.  Maybe a support portal style category so that these creators can open a ticket to either a) augment the capacity on the Marketplace side (which they can now do analysis on with today's crash) or b) work with the creators for the dedicated server. I am assuming the latter will be their main option.

But as I said, not all end users really care about the impact of other stakeholders or fore see it. Whether it is tunnel vision or just lack of comprehension on how and why systems/processes work the way they do. As we've all seen if we work in service or IT. They want changes made in a system, or they want a system to behave according to how they want it to. Irregardless to business rules or impact to everyone else. The ones that pay however, are the customers themselves that are unaware of all of the back-end craziness.  Where you can claim SL is slightly at fault, is that they could have tried to predict how their merchants would behave.  And used RL references to create communication channels for vendors and process flows to follow to create the action plan. That being said, why work on that and spend countless hours of work on a flow that may only get used once?  That's actually how a large volume of corporations and companies think.  Think ROI and MVP. 

Alas, what is done is done.  They crashed the market.  Most other creators will probably not bother with creating this 1-day, 1-linden sale if they see a negative outcome. Though I find that hard to believe, because some rl companies do just this to create the frenzy as PR.

Edited by Irina Forwzy

By the way, in all of my comments I'm speaking matter of factly. I'm not indicating that what is done, or not done is incorrect.  To be quite honest, I think what Catwa did was brilliant from a PR perspective.  It may have been a mess for all of us in the marketplace side, but let's face it. This wasn't a "need", this was a "want" that all of us had. So it worked to get all of us talking about it here and a large volume of people talking about it in world.  Thus, curiosity will rise and sales will increase.

As I've said before: large enterprises such as Targey, H*M, and Mang- have done collaborations in rl with top designers.  Have spent millions advertising them in all forms of media including influencers.  They created the demand which crashed their websites, got hundreds of people to run through store doors to get the clothes and most importantly made everyone watch the items in tv. In the world of marketing, it's a win win.

46 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I got home from work a few minutes ago and got 4 accounts in with 6 attempts (8:10pm SLT.)  It was crowded and laggy, but after derendering everyone, I got heads for all to try.

That's part of the problem. Someone wrote this somewhere "I got 8 heads..." Seems very many logged in with each alt account that he/she has to get a head for it. With the result that other residents weren't able to get even a single one because the regions were permanently full. 6 regions means that max 600 avatars can enter. That's a bottle neck if perhaps 10,000 or more accounts want to buy a head. Especially when I consider that many customers didn't leave the regions and waited for the delivery at the place.

Edited by Doc Carling

6 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

That's part of the problem. Someone wrote this somewhere "I got 8 heads..." Seems very many logged in with each alt account that he/she has to get a head for it. With the result that other residents weren't able to get even a single one because the regions were permanently full.

Won't change though. I believe you can't create a script in sl to combat that for TS reasons.  And hey, I'd do that myself if given the chance. I did that with Lelutka.

8 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Won't change though. I believe you can't create a script in sl to combat that for TS reasons.  And hey, I'd do that myself if given the chance. I did that with Lelutka.

I don't blame anyone. Perhaps Catwa didn't pay enough attention to this point. Question is, if the could forsee it at all.

Edited by Doc Carling

2 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I don't blame anyone. Perhaps Catwa didn't pay enough attention to this point.

That would in the inworld sales. However, ordering for multiple individuals online doesn't necessarily cause issues.  The issue with the online problem was just headcount of literal interactions with it. Which was the problem that spawned most of the comments here.  We expect the real world to be super busy, sims have a low limit on avatar count, people sometimes go to these places and just sit there for an hour and block others from going in, and you got those that buy multiple of the items either as themselves to send to their alts, or as their alts.

Edited by Irina Forwzy

19 hours ago, Tori Nova said:

Lelutka also had a free Mesh head gift for limited time at about the same time as the sale, it wasn't to hard to get, 

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yep, LeLutka was prepared for the pressure of a lot of people, and had rented several places.

I was there, at first there wasn't 4 places to get Lilly, there was just one and there was chaos and unhappy people in the group.  It was only after 24 hours other locations were opened.  I have no beef with any of that but the record needs to be set straight.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
In case it isn't clear to anyone else
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

That's part of the problem. Someone wrote this somewhere "I got 8 heads..." Seems very many logged in with each alt account that he/she has to get a head for it. With the result that other residents weren't able to get even a single one because the regions were permanently full. 6 regions means that max 600 avatars can enter. That's a bottle neck if perhaps 10,000 or more accounts want to buy a head. Especially when I consider that many customers didn't leave the regions and waited for the delivery at the place.

People that can sit online 24/7 will always have an advantage over people with limited time.  Those that have purchased those teleport-hammers have another advantage.  Those paying for premium accounts also have an advantage.  It adds up, but that was not the point of my post.  The accounts I took in did not take someone else's place.  They took a place.

It would appear that the solution that was chosen is working.  I picked a different landmark for each account (2  premium and 2 basic with no advantages).  Those regions were crowded, but not full or they wouldn't have gotten in at all.  I saw 12 vendors spread over 4 different regions and there could have been more that I didn't see, the creator also added another day, and people appeared to be teleporting in, getting the item and getting out quickly.  It seems to be enough to allow people a good chance to getting in.  Sounds like a successful and cooperative solution. 😋

I feel it's better for me to stay positive than to jump straight to the negative and try to make myself a victim.  If you didn't get in earlier,  try again now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that is explained around a hundred times now... it cant be given in group.

So some else posted that Catwa could have put some HUD thingy it the group notices, not the head itself. The groupmember get the thingy from the group notices, adds it and clicks on it. Casparvend then send the head. It was said clearly that vendors like Casparvend can use this system.

Its registered in Casparvend and you can have it redelivered when you want.

See? Now stop saying (not just you Alwin, but all) that it can't be done in another ways than crashing the MP and then set up several regions.

If that person who posted about it was a total dimwit, I apologize for believing it can work this way.

I don't remember what thread it was in.

ETA: I found the post. This way of doing it, knocks out the belief that Group notices gifts is not registered and can't be redelivered.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Of course we get it for the alts. I bought full priced stuff for my alts when I could still work, but after I got sick and couldn't work more, I can't do this. A period I had 6 premium avatars, all mesh, full paid heads and bodies.

I had bought an early Catwa head for 3600 for an alt. When it was outdated (No Bento) I bought a Bento head for 5000. And got buyer's remorse. I overlooked something about the mouth that bothered me more and more with time.

Then I found out I had spent enough. I got the Freya head last year, and disliked it. The Genus and Lily head didn't "feel" right. So now I am trying this Queen freebie head. That's the story for my other female alts too. Spent much on them, now less.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

See? Now stop saying (not just you Alwin, but all) that it can't be done in another ways than crashing the MP and then set up several regions.

Yes we could stop saying that NEXT time. It's a bit too late for expecting, in the middle of this "sale" they build a hud for deliveries.
(me closes the eyes and sees a ocean of whining by the ones spending a whole day clicking MP or to get in...but now get a hud for delivery at home...... :)  )

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Yes we could stop saying that NEXT time. It's a bit too late for expecting, in the middle of this "sale" they build a hud for deliveries.

I got it. But what I tried to say, was that it could be done and Catwa is no newbie merchant. So many said that Catwa could not know forehand that the MP would crash.

Catwa had experience from last year, when it was the same panic stress to get it, and could have done some research.

Unless this was to get PR because people stress, MP is slowed down and stops, people can't use the MP no more,  and then LL had to put out an announcement too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

6 regions means that max 600 avatars can enter. That's a bottle neck if perhaps 10,000 or more accounts want to buy a head. Especially when I consider that many customers didn't leave the regions and waited for the delivery at the place.

600 ...at a time, during (let's take the original) 24 h  and a refreshment of once in 15 minutes ... =600*4 = 2400 * 24 = 57600 ... the bottleneck are the customers jumping in the same time, and staying there..well... that are mostly not the alts, because they mostly have at leat one or more brothers/sisters also jumping to get in.

Free... or nearly free is always a disaster for products that everybody wants...(nearly everybody of the female avatars)

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I got it. But what I tried to say, was that it could be done and Catwa is no newbie merchant. So many said that Catwa could not know forehand that the MP would crash.

Catwa had experience from last year, when it was the same panic stress to get it, and could have done some research.

Unless this was to get PR because people stress, MP is slowed down and stops, people can't use the MP no more,  and then LL had to put out an announcement too.

yes all could have been done :)  I think they didn't expect MP to crash this badly, but we seen now it cn't handle this kind of sales. A simple little email to the MP team perhaps could have prevented it. Lesson, not only for the creators, but also for LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.