I just received an insane IM, defaming and insulting me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just received a long IM while I've been offline. Between many insults she's telling me I'd try to sexually exploit kids through a game, I'd also be a "*****", a "nazi", a "paedo", a *****, my mother would open her legs for anyone.

I have no idea who she is. I never did anything bad to kids ever! Neither in SL nor in RL. I have no idea why she's doing that to me. Also she said I should better call the police.

I reported her to Linden Labs, not sure if this helps. Could you please help me?

If you want to read her full IM:

Edited by Subsonic Oh
Original IM text deleted

I suspect that you are the victim of mistaken identity , or maybe a really sick joke.  In either case, mute, block, and move on.  You've done what you can by submitting an AR.  This person doesn't deserve any more of your attention.

It's probably a good idea to delete the IM from this thread.  You are violating a couple of Community Guidelines by reposting it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's probably a good idea to delete the IM from this thread.  You are violating a couple of Community Guidelines by reposting it. 

Well it's just her text, not her name, but thank you :)

Lol i just noticed, the forum ****'ed already some of her words xD

Edited by Subsonic Oh

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I suspect that you are the victim of mistaken identity , or maybe a really sick joke.  In either case, mute, block, and move on.  You've done what you can by submitting an AR.  This person doesn't deserve any more of your attention.

Loophole: No one was directly named and no name is present in that reposting.

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Loophole: No one was directly named and no name is present in that reposting.

You're probably right, but it is abusive and it is a reposted IM.  The OP made his point very well without needing to post the message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't actually seen any good responses here yet. This is clearly important and warrants you contacting your government.

They have resources, they can find people, they can launch helicopter attacks to sort this out.

Failing that, send an email to Liam Neeson, he has skills and knows how to find people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bradford Mint said:

I haven't actually seen any good responses here yet. This is clearly important and warrants you contacting your government.

They have resources, they can find people, they can launch helicopter attacks to sort this out.

Failing that, send an email to Liam Neeson, he has skills and knows how to find people.

Thank you for your helpful message :D

Honestly, I never had to deal with crap like that before, since 02/2007. And sometimes LL bans people for minor reasons. I'm afraid they could ban me because of what she wrote. I have written to her, she should show me what I might have done wrong in her opinion, or she must have written to the wrong person... I blocked her from our sim... reported her... asked here, i think there's nothing more I could do (beside your advices of course lol)

2 minutes ago, Subsonic Oh said:

Honestly, I never had to deal with crap like that before, since 02/2007. And sometimes LL bans people for minor reasons. I'm afraid they could ban me because of what she wrote. I have written to her, she should show me what I might have done wrong in her opinion, or she must have written to the wrong person... I blocked her from our sim... reported her... asked here, i think there's nothing more I could do (beside your advices of course lol)

Let me know if Liam answers the email. I have a bird for him to pluck. 🤭

Not sure i'd take it too seriously i've had unhinged people contact me in the past and out of nowhere descend in to a tirade of abuse. after a while i simply ignored them never heard from them again. by all means AR, if it's a troll wanting to give you a fright they did a good job

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

through a game

The kind of message you received is usually to scare someone away from a game.  I've read threads where it happens in Linden Realms.  They want to scare others away from whatever game it is and their IM's come with all sorts of lies, defamation and bleeped words.  

May I ask if you were playing a "game" at all or at Linden Realms?  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

You won't be banned for someone else's abuse, no matter what anyone has told you.  If you replied in kind then that could dilute your case but you haven't mentioned doing so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You won't be banned for someone else's abuse, no matter what anyone has told you.  If you replied in kind then that could dilute your case but you haven't mentioned doing so.

Though that is a caution that one reason someone might send abuse is to see if they can get you to react in a way they can report. Replying doesn't usually get anywhere, but if you do reply, be very careful about your wording.

Where it's happened to friends, I only know of one case where the person finally believed they'd got the wrong person. Most clung to the belief they were talking to an alt to the bitter end.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

The kind of message you received is usually to scare someone away from a game.  I've read threads where it happens in Linden Realms.  They want to scare others away from whatever game it is and their IM's come with all sorts of lies, defamation and bleeped words.  

May I ask if you were playing a "game" at all or at Linden Realms?  

not at all. in SL i only play the dj quite often, well and i own a zombie shooting sim with my friend...

8 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Though that is a caution that one reason someone might send abuse is to see if they can get you to react in a way they can report. Replying doesn't usually get anywhere, but if you do reply, be very careful about your wording.

Where it's happened to friends, I only know of one case where the person finally believed they'd got the wrong person. Most clung to the belief they were talking to an alt to the bitter end.

I replied, in a friendly way:

[08:37] Subsonic Oh: Sorry, I did WHAT? 😮
[09:12] Subsonic Oh: I'm sure you're not talking to the correct person dear. I never did anything bad to kids ever, neither in RL nor in SL, also I'm not a kid in SL lol - i'm in sl since 2007 and honestly, never received an IM like yours before. If you really have anything I did wrong, please show me!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.