Are we living in a Simulation?

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:49 AM, lucagrabacr said:

Once we understand those fundamental nature of existence, the self and consciousness which are fluidic constructs of combinatorial constants, we should see how these are self-evident truths

I'm writing a book for Virtual Existence Society right now which consolidate and solidify our teachings which incorporate these elements of existential philosophy, and hopefully can communicate these understandings better, and also be used by our members as a teaching guide or directive :)

I have no idea if we are in a simulation, or if we could ever be in one. But I see the first step in achieving this would be to detach from how we typically experience the physical world. Meditation can help us perceive the world in new ways, even on a physical level. Is meditation one of the tools you envision for your book?

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there's a theoretical physics concept called the "holographic principle" that's gaining momentum in some circles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

It states the universe is a projection similar to a hologram. You'll have to ski9m through it yourself to probably get a better idea. One of the things this physical model does its bridge two incompatible, but accepted theories: general relativity and quantum mechanics.

22 hours ago, archangel969 said:

This is scary and immensely interesting at the same time. A friend of mine, both in RL and SL, wrote a short story years ago (unfortunately only in Dutch) that reminds me of this. It's about someone who lies in bed and gets a call in the middle of the night from an old school friend. He has a fantastic experiment and wanted to show it to him. He arrives at this school friend's house and it turns out that he has a laboratory in his house. He is shocked to see the head (whitout a body) of another school friend connected to all kinds of cables and wires.  His school friend assures him that that friend has a very nice life that he has completely programmed for him. On a screen they see the designed life play out. They see him lying asleep in bed. The punch line of the story comes when the schoolfriend/mad professor suggests calling that friend. When he calls that friend it turns out that he asks the same question as to the main character and that that friend responds in the same way. This makes it clear that the main character probably also has his head connected to wires and only thinks he is living a complete life.

I wish someone would clean my jar, it's filthy!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there's a theoretical physics concept called the "holographic principle" that's gaining momentum in some circles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

It states the universe is a projection similar to a hologram. You'll have to ski9m through it yourself to probably get a better idea. One of the things this physical model does its bridge two incompatible, but accepted theories: general relativity and quantum mechanics.

One nice things about holograms..everything registers in everything else. My guru mentioned that in his talks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, Luna Bliss said:

I have no idea if we are in a simulation, or if we could ever be in one. But I see the first step in achieving this would be to detach from how we typically experience the physical world. Meditation can help us perceive the world in new ways, even on a physical level. Is meditation one of the tools you envision for your book?

Meditation can certainly help since it does switch the base of our perspective and makes us think of or perceive things differently than usual, but in that regard the book's main goal is to solidify the informative foundational basis of the understanding and perspective, so that those who read it can have that as a solid platform to pivot their perception from without having to meditate c=

• Like 1

BogusAlarmedHagfish-small.gif.9955b4dea0af90352ffd2b4d45c72bae.gif

If our reality is a simulation, that means god is an alien conducting the same type of research into how universes are created our own scientists are.

https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/creating-the-universe-in-a-computer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UniverseMachine

Somebody pull the damn plug.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.