Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

How on earth did you get all that on 351 prims? I need a new Prim diet!

Almost all the objects are linked together, this helps saving prims tremendously.

I also remove most scripts, even from chairs and sofas, since I never sit anywhere. Only exception is the deck loungers and chairs.

Being a maximalist, I love spaces that are filled with furniture. ( in RL too :)  )

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I know my décor isn't for everyone, but sad?  I'm not fishing for compliments, just confused by this reaction.

image.png.89f771cc69d0f2ed0291b3375813fa0d.png

Maybe it’s a sad face because your deco is beautiful & they feel sad they haven’t got a house like yours. I’d like an Envious button sometimes as there are so many amazing decorators that post here.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I know my décor isn't for everyone, but sad?  I'm not fishing for compliments, just confused by this reaction.

image.png.89f771cc69d0f2ed0291b3375813fa0d.png

Yes, I "laughed" on this one. I do think it's funny to call that out like you did. Sorry! :) 

ETA: You could have just contacted her privately if it really bothered you. I mean, we can all go look and see who left that reaction (and yes, I did go look).

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

It's probably just this.  While anti-climactic, it's better than knowing my décor makes people cry.   

And yes it was a miss click indeed !!  I hit the wrong button instead of the like button.

Glad I went back to check it out, to find out it was me....... It's corrected now to reflect how much I liked your decor :)

Edited by Loretta String
sp
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, Nafoute said:

Hi all 

I ve been trying to get an pier attach stilt for 3 days now, still haven t had the luck :(

Love all your decorations :) I can t wait to post mine

Yes, haven't seen any available for a few days now :(  It seems when they release these regions, that they do OW & OP first, so they have been taken earlier then the OL ones.  Will need to wait it out for other new regions to be released or someone abandons one here or there....

• Like 2

Thank you I ll take a look

An other question : my friend has a stilt a pier attached. I was visiting him today. My curiosity took it and I looked at the houses around his. There s a house a block away and I am curious because when I click on the land it says it belongs to Linden Department of Public works. Does that mean it s not anyone s? I m asking because it s very well located :)

1 hour ago, Nafoute said:

Thank you I ll take a look

An other question : my friend has a stilt a pier attached. I was visiting him today. My curiosity took it and I looked at the houses around his. There s a house a block away and I am curious because when I click on the land it says it belongs to Linden Department of Public works. Does that mean it s not anyone s? I m asking because it s very well located :)

Yes, that means it's not claimed. Either it hasn't been claimed ever, or someone had it and released it (you can tell by whether the date claimed is recent or from years ago). In general, with the stilts, the OW and OP (water and pier) homes have been claimed first, and we are mostly seeing a slow progress through the OL (land) homes now. If the house you like is an OL, it might be a bit of a wait till it becomes available, so just keep an eye on that region!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After a few false starts, I finally decided that my second stilt would be a Tortuga - despite it being the one model I really disliked (because of the odd corners and the non-opening windows). I've actually had this house since the end of January, so it's been a *very* slow process. I wanted it to be quite different from my Lauderdale (artist's studio, nautical theme and color palette), so Bienvenido a La Casita Verde! (All of the paintings in the dining area are the work of a Mexican artist, Alfredo Ramos Martinez https://www.alfredoramosmartinez.com/paintings-and-drawings) The bedroom and bathroom will be in another post.

tour01.jpg

tour02.jpg

tour03.jpg

tour04.jpg

tour05.jpg

tour06.jpg

tour07.jpg

tour08.jpg

tour09.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that there are 3 items in this house that give me an inordinate amount of joy whenever I see them :) That lawn chair takes me right back to my childhood. I love pottery and that vessel is just too wonderful (when it rezzes fully :/). I can't explain why I love the dish towels, maybe because they just look so real.

FAVE1.jpg

FAVE2.jpg

FAVE3.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

And this is the bedroom, study and bathroom in my Tortuga. (The drawing above the dresser is also by Alfredo Ramos Martinez.)

tour10.jpg

tour11.jpg

tour12.jpg

tour13.jpg

tour14.jpg

tour15.jpg

tour16.jpg

tour17.jpg

tour18.jpg

you're making me jealouse ,stop doing that   ,lol   ,awesome work   ,makes me think   i saw some lovely pieces in your pics , would'nt it be an idea of adding a list of furniture you used  ,or isnt that permitted  ,just asking myself .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Atina0 said:

you're making me jealouse ,stop doing that   ,lol   ,awesome work   ,makes me think   i saw some lovely pieces in your pics , would'nt it be an idea of adding a list of furniture you used  ,or isnt that permitted  ,just asking myself .

A list would be *very* long, but just ask about any items in particular that you'd like to track down by name/maker. Some of the larger items: the kitchen cabinets and stove are from Hive, the fridge is from KraftWork. The dining table, chair with yellow striped cushion, hall stand are from Apple Fall, dining chairs are from Trompe. Sofa is from Trompe, coffee table from Tuesdays, chair from Chez Moi. The green 'Chinese credenza' is a freebie from Apple Fall. The bed and closet, dresser and bedside tables are from Apple Fall (the cream furniture is brand new - on display at the AF landing point). The shower, bath, sink are from Trompe, and the frames in the bathroom are from Nomad. White metal table and chairs outside are from Chez Moi, sun canopy is from Muniick, lawn chair is from What Next and the yellow lounger is from Lisp. I'd have to check about smaller bits and pieces.

Oh, and the dividing wall in the large room cost all of 25L$ on the MP - it had some framed glass panels that I made transparent. (Absolutely nothing worked in this house style for me until I put that in!) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Day-Dreamer-Tortuga-Divider-boxed/21109576

Edited by Frigga Freidman
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

A list would be *very* long, but just ask about any items in particular that you'd like to track down by name/maker. Some of the larger items: the kitchen cabinets and stove are from Hive, the fridge is from KraftWork. The dining table, chair with yellow striped cushion, hall stand are from Apple Fall, dining chairs are from Trompe. Sofa is from Trompe, coffee table from Tuesdays, chair from Chez Moi. The green 'Chinese credenza' is a freebie from Apple Fall. The bed and closet, dresser and bedside tables are from Apple Fall (the cream furniture is brand new - on display at the AF landing point). The shower, bath, sink are from Trompe, and the frames in the bathroom are from Nomad. White metal table and chairs outside are from Chez Moi, sun canopy is from Muniick, lawn chair is from What Next and the yellow lounger is from Lisp. I'd have to check about smaller bits and pieces.

it almost makes me want a Stilt home again and i dont even like these  .

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.