The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

No bargains to be found here!

LOL. It IS actually possible to buy items that aren't on sale, but yes, I was pointing out the cute style of the kitchen cabinets etc.  Did you check to see WHY the LI was so high?   Lots of us have plenty of prims but still raise our eyebrows at dense mesh :D.

18 for the base kitchen isn't so bad for a Linden home when you have 351 to work with. I think some of Apple Falls were (are? much has been retired) in that neighborhood.   

As a general comment, I sincerely hope that we all don't get in the "if it isn't 75 lindens or less I am not going to buy it" frame of mine. That seemed to be a very big danger when EVERYONE  (almost) jumped on the sales bandwagon.   We are losing a lot of good designers lately -- or their shops are still here but they are no longer creating.   That too I was worried about. Again, no answer here. 

EDIT: I am going to add on here as I noted way too late that I posted on the Trompe Loeil items this week when they had already been mentioned.  I usually find MY last post and scroll through to see what has been posted but somehow I guess I missed the previous post. I didn't even have pretty pictures to share LOL. BAD ME.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

LOL. It IS actually possible to buy items that aren't on sale, but yes, I was pointing out the cute style of the kitchen cabinets etc.  Did you check to see WHY the LI was so high?   Lots of us have plenty of prims but still raise our eyebrows at dense mesh :D.

18 for the base kitchen isn't so bad for a Linden home when you have 351 to work with. I think some of Apple Falls were (are? much has been retired) in that neighborhood.   

As a general comment, I sincerely hope that we all don't get in the "if it isn't 75 lindens or less I am not going to buy it" frame of mine.

I'm not biased against non-sale items (I have and am currently using 3 rather pricey kitchens, from Hive and DRD, and have bought lots of non-sale stuff from other creators), but as your post lacked some of the info usually included in this thread, and I was interested, I thought it worth checking out. Personally, I consider 18 LI good for a kitchen, it's the peripherals that I thought were overly heavy as I've seen alternatives that looked just as good or better for fewer LI. And the cost was certainly worth mentioning as the majority of items here *are* sale items and people might reasonably assume, as I did, that this kitchen was as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, Chic Aeon said:

”As a general comment, I sincerely hope that we all don't get in the "if it isn't 75 lindens or less I am not going to buy it" frame of mine. That seemed to be a very big danger when EVERYONE  (almost) jumped on the sales bandwagon.   We are losing a lot of good designers lately -- or their shops are still here but they are no longer creating.   That too I was worried about. Again, no answer here. ”   

Thats i worrysome indeed. I am more interested in very low LI and very very good LOD when i buy stuff. I even bought a bedroom full price, 1100 L i think, just because the bed was 3 LI. The bed was adult and as i dont want that so I had to remove all scripts too. But the bed is gorgeous! 🤭🤪

• Like 5

it is not cheap, but my ABSOLUTE favorite store is Dekute Dekore -- it is not cheap but it is amazing... lots of very very low LI furnature that looks nice and has decent animations. I have a whole Kitchen from there that is 2 LI, a bed and two nightstands for only 1 LI, sofa with end tables and coffee table and 2 chairs for 1 LI, etc. If you are interested in low LI furnishings so you have some LI left to decorate the exterior, this is an excellent place to shop. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lionheart Timon/95/218/29

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This is why I thought the Since 1975 Kitchen might be from a full-perm mesh...here's the one from Since 1975

image.thumb.png.13f21cf8240f1099b1038e1f2b24996e.png

Here's one from Ashes to Ashes (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Chic-Modern-Kitchen-Set-Stool-Table-Animated-Decorated-Mesh/21197165)

\\image.png.e6764c7aa151d4f4d82879dde833dc44.png

And...here's one from GT - Creative Design (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GT-Modern-Kitchen/22787831)

image.png.6842b7801e37c0a8869f48aa2603af00.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

This is why I thought the Since 1975 Kitchen might be from a full-perm mesh...here's the one from Since 1975

Here's one from Ashes to Ashes (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Chic-Modern-Kitchen-Set-Stool-Table-Animated-Decorated-Mesh/21197165)

And...here's one from GT - Creative Design (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GT-Modern-Kitchen/22787831)

OH! I really like the third one. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

I did some sluething and the third one is made by Surge Full Perm mesh. I believe the middle one is also. The 1975 model is shaped differently and all made by the 1975 creator. Most likely they all "copied" more or less a real life style.    VERY common - especially in the newish days of mesh.   

• Like 7

I like these chairs at Bricolage... but they are 10 LI each. Still, if you can find the spare LI, they're $75 each, PG or A, 3 texture-change options for the pillow and several color options for the throw. The table with decor, rug and framed art is also $75. [I noticed the Physics Shape Type was set to Prim, so bought the chair and changed it to Convex Hull - alas, the LI remained at 10 :( )

bric.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 9/7/2022 at 10:16 AM, So Whimsy said:

So I am totally early about this but I love christmas. Is there a good store that has a bunch of high quality christmas decor? The market is absolutely flooded with the stuff and it's so hard to suss out a creator that does a bunch of it.

Apple Fall never fails to impress me.

Lelutka has given out Christmas trees as group gifts in the past. They may do it again this year.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Marushin has a bunch of stuff that would befit a Sakura home: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/173086

I picked up this TV set a while ago and am still liking it. 5 LI is not so bad for a no-mod item. Seats up to 2 avatars, decent animations.  It's not cheap though.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MRSAnalog-TV/13814341

_MRS_Analog-TV-AD.jpg?1516792420

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 7

This set from Disorderly is very pretty, and if seen as a sale and not a super cheap sale, it is good. The fatpack is 650 L, buying separate is 60 L. This is more than half the price, that is 1450 and 149 L.

But before I bought it, I stopped and really studied the tempting poster. I could not see any apples listed in the fatpack? (Yellow arrows pointing to the decor)

Yes, the candles and apples shown among the desserts, are other items. Also on offer as The Saturday Sale, Collecting Fall. I think the loose apples are from another set, the Apple Bounty.

I will see of I am buying some of it. It is very pretty, the food is low Li. The table is 5 Li, I have lower li tables and chairs, I do not need just these things. I may look up what I have from Apple Fall and other stores. Perhaps I already have similar desserts.

The fall apples and candles is only 1 Li per group. It is much decor for 1 Li.

Second Life Maps | Curemore

sere_003.jpg

sere_004.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

Saturday Sale from Apple Fall:

Separate items 75 L, but join the free Apple Fall group and get them for 68 L each. Fatpack on offer, but it is not much to save. It is practical to have it bundled up, so I bought the fatpack. It cost 270 L when you have the Apple Fall group activated. 

Second Life Maps | Apple Fall

sere_005.jpg

• Like 5

I think I am going to be lazy and say: Lots of autumn and autumn food/decor in various sales from Merak.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Missing Mile/112/213/1002

But stop and inspect the land impact before you buy. It is many things there with so high Li that it's not fit for a Linden Home.

The autumn truck is 30 Li, the table with table cloth all to the left is 14 Li.

Most of the decorative items are 2-5 Li or more.  Other stores sell food and decor that's 1 Li. Like Apple Fall.

An interesting thing is that there are no shadows. So if you mix them with decor that has shadows, you may want to unlink shadows on the other decor. Or make the shadow 100% transparant.

sere_008.jpg

sere_009.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Now this is cute - a 1 LI stereo unit with 10 dance animations (including the Time Warp, shown below) - just $75 this weekend at Home Style. And this 5 LI console table with all linked decor items is also $75. (Looks like you get unlinked decor items as well.)

homestyle.JPG

Thank you for this, Frigga! It's perfect and I get to free up a couple of LI points! :D

partytime_001.thumb.jpg.eae69e6fa0b0b768f2c04f984fd9bb45.jpg

Praise be to vendors who enable mod perms so we can tweak the colors and whatever else.

• Like 6