The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 minute ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

@Frigga Freidman  You do such a nice job with these weekend sales...thanks :)  You must be in marketing or something similar in RL :P

Ha! No, I just read lots of Style-type mags from the Sunday papers! And even though it's a lovely day I'm stuck at home today waiting for a delivery. (Time slot: 11am-9pm... I'm betting on 8:55pm.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

image.thumb.png.b3cdff804820b376cec50057bbe458ba.png

OK deleting all I wrote to not to be confusing. It was ME for the most part. I was trying to buy things that were part of other things and that wasn't working.   

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Chic Aeon
deleted all as not to be confusing and we don't have the strike out thing any longer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The other pieces aren't on sale separately at all, let alone for $50 - $70 each.

All the items in the set are on sale. I bought the wall panel and the picture with lamp for L$75 each yesterday. If the objects aren't click to buy they have tags on them to pay

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

All the items in the set are on sale. I bought the wall panel and the picture with lamp for L$75 each yesterday. If the objects aren't click to buy they have tags on them to pay

Thanks.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

image.thumb.png.d75d0a7d2ecce8b79d9539d39dc19272.png

On the other hand this whole set is only $50 at Dust Bunny AND the triangle count is WAY down from what it has been in the past. So clapping there.  1 li per "set".  

Great for the holidays coming up. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dust Bunny/125/176/17

I just wanted the cookies on the rack but the mesh includes the pot holders :: cries

But the dish of chocolate chips is separate and one might buy the set just for that.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

OK. I changed that post above to say to forget about me until next week.  The edit didn't stick (SO NOT MY DAY) and obviously I was writing things already known  -- hence deletion.  

BUT

You CAN turn the hot pads transparent. You loose the shadow but that might work.

I hope tomorrow is a better day. The REST of mine (aside from this forum) has been good LOL   

image.thumb.png.2bd75bff4a73b62b016bb2ca9de7de42.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

This week, the Ebento Gallery does not work. It takes me to a static page. https://www.seraphimsl.com/2022/08/20/put-a-spring-in-your-step-with-ebento-weekend/

Do you get up images? I do not have time to follow a list and go all places.

I think it's deliberate - they want people to join their group for the info. I just joined their group (free) and see maybe 15 individual notices and a HUD - like you, I won't bother looking any further. (SL Home Decor started out that way, giving pictures but without identifying the sellers/locations as a way of pushing people to join. It must have backfired quickly as they not only abandoned that practice, but have also started releasing their sales info earlier and earlier.) 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I think it's deliberate - they want people to join their group for the info. I just joined their group (free) and see maybe 15 individual notices and a HUD - like you, I won't bother looking any further. (SL Home Decor started out that way, giving pictures but without identifying the sellers/locations as a way of pushing people to join. It must have backfired quickly as they not only abandoned that practice, but have also started releasing their sales info earlier and earlier.) 

And as an aside, ChiC buildings was invited to take part after what -- five years?  And I don't make anything at all to do with "bento" == along with lots of other things there now that have no relevance.  Many to most (not all) events are hurting. Way too many.   Once a venue becomes all about makeup, eyes, shapes and poses I pretty much move on or scan VERY quickly at Seraphim. 

Quick edit: I forgot about ALL the hairbases and scars and such.   (insert confused icon here)

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Black Sand's Happy Weekend sale looks like it would work well in a retro Newbrooke. However, there are all of 2 sits for a single F avatar in the 8 LI sofa - both awful (2 single M sits are slightly better). The 7 LI chair and the 7 LI coffee table with decor are included. Some texture change options. I'd say if you're adept at swapping out animations, the sofa is worth $60 for the PG or A ($50 if you wear a Black Sand tag).

blacksand1.JPG

blacksand2.JPG

• Like 5

There's more from DaD's Amalfi range this weekend - this time it's a 2-seater sofa which, unlike last weekend's chair and chair with ottoman, *does* have a texture change HUD mentioned in the advert. This sofa is 7 LI, and costs $60 for PG and $99 for A. Also on sale is the 7 LI wicker shelf unit with plants, $60.

dad1.JPG

dad2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My laptop is crap! LOD is set to two here. It was no demo in the store, I still bought the glass fence kit. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuroshima/225/180/3001

Mysterious Designs -

I think I was lucky, it will look even better when I get the good laptop with a dedicated graphic card back from repair.

You need a place with 42 land impact to rez one of the metal sets. All parts comes soft linked, one for the silver metal and one for the gold.

The parts are 2.4 m, 3.4 m and 5 m. (Did not include all the small decimals)

The Li vary upon size and clamps. The longest parts are 2 Li. The shorter parts, 2.4 and 3.4 m are 1 Li. But many of those are 0.5 Li and two can be linked to one Li. Depending upon style, clamps and tops.

glass fence_001.png

glass fence_002.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

I found a listing of sorts for this week's Ebento Weekend sales - the stuff from Circa and TM Creations is still on sale as of Monday 8am SLT. Take a look if you're interested. (And if you have a FB account that you use for SL stuff, leave a comment as I did to see if we can convince the organizers to go back to the way they used to present their items.) You'll need to view all images one at a time :( https://www.facebook.com/eBENTO.The.Event/photos/oa.1229090037909654/1504139206673409/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/20/2022 at 10:37 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Many to most (not all) events are hurting. Way too many.   Once a venue becomes all about makeup, eyes, shapes and poses I pretty much move on or scan VERY quickly at Seraphim. 

Quick edit: I forgot about ALL the hairbases and scars and such.   (insert confused icon here)

...and tats. Don't forget the tats. and the clothing that is basically slap-a-bright-solid-color on a full perm-mesh.

The reason why many events are hurting is because there are way too many events, and once the event has been launched, the organizers are going to do what they can to fill those booths (or keep the numbers up for listings of mainstore events)  and keep it alive.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

...and tats. Don't forget the tats. and the clothing that is basically slap-a-bright-solid-color on a full perm-mesh.

The reason why many events are hurting is because there are way too many events, and once the event has been launched, the organizers are going to do what they can to fill those booths (or keep the numbers up for listings of mainstore events)  and keep it alive.

Agreed. If you do the math the event organizers are making a killing in lindens but in order to do that the quality of the events (in general) have been moving downward for years now.  On the plus side now and then I note that an event (sometimes just that round) takes an upturn.   

I honestly think it is great that new and not too talented designers have a chance to have the EVENT EXPERIENCE. I can remember the first event I got into and it was super exciting.  BUT in essences a lot of those folks are most likely paying in more than they get out (this from long time creators I know so extrapolating to the new and not so great folks).   I think that is very sad.   

As an aside but in the theme somewhat, a new member of ARTSCAPE told me today that he was talking to another member about this "venue" bringing back the olden days of SL.  I was so very happy that he got it!  And no one can point the GREEDY finger at me as it is free.   I think it is the GREED thing that bothers me the most in all of this.   

OK enough of that.  Here's hoping for a return in part to the past in SL.  

• Like 4

At Fancy Decor you'll find this 2 LI PG chair (which contains HUD scripts for the chair and legs, but no indication of any texture-change options in the advert) for $50. The 3 LI lamp is sold separately for $50. (Its description when you hover over it says it's texture-change, but no further info is available. It also lacks a lighting script but appears to cast a slight glow below.) Just a note to any creators who read this forum - it would be helpful to provide fully working demos or at the very least adverts that contain useful information.

fd.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1