The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Your welcome! Kitchens are one of my weaknesses.I have yet to find an SL kitchen I am totally satisfied with. I think the texturing on the Trompe Loeil kitchens that come with many of the recent houses has totally wrecked me. I keep looking for modular and multi-piece kitchens that have that same level of texturing and its hard to find.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

Your welcome! Kitchens are one of my weaknesses.I have yet to find an SL kitchen I am totally satisfied with. I think the texturing on the Trompe Loeil kitchens that come with many of the recent houses has totally wrecked me. I keep looking for modular and multi-piece kitchens that have that same level of texturing and its hard to find.

I'm the president of that club.

• Haha 3

On 7/18/2021 at 2:09 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Happy Weekend at Kazza: "Tiny House" couch (couch 14 LI, palm 5 LI) $60, and "Tiny House" bed with color-change pillows and blanket (bed 11 LI, palm 5 LI, 2nd floor platform and stairs 2 LI) $60. 

kazza1.jpg

kazza2.jpg

I did not like the Tiny House that Kazza had in an earlier weekend offer, but I like the furniture. The Tiny House bed was last weekends offer. But I have found out that Kazza keep their offers 2 weekends in a row. So if you miss buying it one weekend, you can still do it the next.

• Like 3

Some sales that might be of special interest to those with log homes, or planning for a fantasy home - items for your garden from Lacrime dell'anima (found upstairs, if the link doesn't take you directly there). The gazebo is LI-heavy (26 LI), but for $25 and with good LODs, it may be worth adding to your inventory! Also still on sale are several arrangements of flowers-in-logs ($30) and a rough-hewn table and stools made from redwood, also with an attractive log planter. ($30).

lac.jpg

lac2.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A new to me kitchen.

Modular and modifiable. 0.5-2 Li each, and linked is lower Li. No animations. No doors open. Retexturing is possible since it is mod, but not easy since one texture cover several faces. But the glass texture is one face, for those who dislike the glass pattern.

This show all parts in a line. My avatar is 6'15.

I think it is interesting, and all modular kitchens are great. It is never too many. The price is low, only 290 L.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/D-Dudes-Kitchen/22006182

dude_001.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have these 3 modular kitchens ( from the same store ) in my favorite list in MP to buy them later when I need them, they really look very nice, and the reviews are all positive on all 3 kitchens, thought I would share it here for whoever wants a modular kitchen, you might like these:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VKPMODULAR-KITCHEN-SET-WITH-CUSTOMIZE-HUD/21956653

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CKPMODULAR-KITCHEN-SET-WITH-CUSTOMIZE-HUD/20998606

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SSKMODULAR-KITCHEN-SET-WITH-CUSTOMIZE-HUD/21091524

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the mini-review, Marianne! I've been wondering about that one. Not bad, although I'd swap out the refrigerator myself (it's a little weird to see a rounded refrigerator with a wood-grain door).

Things I look for in a kitchen: 

1. Realistic texturing (like I have said otherwise, Trompe Loeil has. totally spoiled me in this regard)
  2. Sink detail (bonus if it has water animations)
  3. Stove and oven detail - if the designer has used a glass cooktop instead of stove burners, that should have detailed buttons, a glossy surface, etc.
  4. Realistic refrigerator. Bonus if there is version that opens.
  5. Not too large (one Trompe Loeil kitchen, sold alone, not part of a house) is so big that it would not fit in any linden home except one of the open-floorpan chalets. I have only successfully placed it in an addition off a Grand View log home).
  6. If it is modular, then versatility. Some modular kitchens have top and bottom cabinets connected by a backsplash wall. While these are easy to place, in the Linden Homes, often kitchens will run into windows. So I prefer top and bottom cabinets to be separate which will allow me to continue to run lower cabinets under windows.
  7. Color/texture change capabilities.
  8. Being able to edit textures, especially countertops.

I wonder if anyone is familiar with this kitchen:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-50-OFF-Rustic-Charm-Full-Kitchen-Set-Stool-Island-Animated-Decorated-Mesh-With-Accessories/22329483

image.png.de94d2062f77cc2260e81469614f2957.png

I think I remember seeing it in SL but it doesn't appear that the seller currently has an in-world store.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5

It looks nice with Roost appliances. I was looking at the stove and the wood front too. This demands some editing skills. The countertop disappear with the original stove. And it is no single countertop. I used the widest base cabinet without doors, as a frame around the Roost stove insert. Roost does not have a free standing kitchen.

The downside is that I can not make the inside transparent, so one of the shelves is visible under the steel grate in the oven. But you really have to look close to notice it.

Edit: I am sure it is a more elegant way to solve it, but good enough for Government work? 😉

dude edit.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

I wonder if anyone is familiar with this kitchen:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-50-OFF-Rustic-Charm-Full-Kitchen-Set-Stool-Island-Animated-Decorated-Mesh-With-Accessories/22329483

image.png.de94d2062f77cc2260e81469614f2957.png

I think I remember seeing it in SL but it doesn't appear that the seller currently has an in-world store.

I have this kitchen.  It's comes completely linked (other than the stools), including the walls, etc.  The corner countertop is one piece so lots of work if you wanted to attempt to rearrange.  Nice textures, though, and I love the pantry and pocket doors.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I have these 3 modular kitchens ( from the same store ) in my favorite list in MP to buy them later when I need them, they really look very nice, and the reviews are all positive on all 3 kitchens, thought I would share it here for whoever wants a modular kitchen, you might like these:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CKPMODULAR-KITCHEN-SET-WITH-CUSTOMIZE-HUD/20998606

I bought this one in January.  Here's a pic of a smaller kitchen I used it in, showing the customization HUD too.  You can retexture different parts, including the appliances, separately, and it has a tinting tab too.  Very low LI, so not as beautifully detailed as some.  But extremely flexible.  Oh, also, I just noticed that s/he added a few animations after I bought it, just got a redelivery from the Marketplace (when did they add that?  Very handy!) simple ones but nice to have.

ckp1_004.thumb.jpg.b8bb2f6d73e4ab9c247e0290a8f10261.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I went ahead and sprung for that Ashes to Ashes kitchen on promo in the marketplace. Just finished pulling it apart and wanted to show you all the pieces.

image.thumb.png.5ca20ed20849dbf2e755bf5dda0e88d2.png

image.thumb.png.e6c1fa6a9cb9be3c5cc189e90217c917.png

You can sed that one little dark spot on the counter on the right...that's pretty easy to cover up with an appliance or something. The refrigerator is very detailed as is the oven.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

FLF at Floorplan: Standard lamp (2 LI) and a screen (5 LI) - $50 each. There are some texture change options for the glass: silver, gold, rose gold.  NOTE: I have just discovered that this is not a working lamp! It contains no scripts. I do think this is something that should have been stated explicitly by the creator/seller (and will be telling them so directly).

floorplan.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Updated info for texture change - click on the glass panels for demo.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

@Marianne Little, look away now! ;) This weekend at Nutmeg, a lovely cabinet (4 LI, 3 LI without the hanging crockery) with really good LOD and a low chair (6 LI)  with less-good LOD. Both for only $60. 

nutmeg2.JPG

I am friggin' addicted to Nutmeg! I have to watch out otherwise I spend way too much there. But, I pick and choose the items I know I absolutely HAVE to have! Just got this and I love it!

• Like 3

That Ashes kitchen looks adorable.. but when I further looked at that person's store, I will absolutely not give them money. Either they have copied or copybotted homes from at least 2 creators that I know of. Can't say I trust any of their stuff after seeing that.
Looking forward to what there is to be had on sales today, though!

3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

That Ashes kitchen looks adorable.. but when I further looked at that person's store, I will absolutely not give them money. Either they have copied or copybotted homes from at least 2 creators that I know of. Can't say I trust any of their stuff after seeing that.
Looking forward to what there is to be had on sales today, though!

I think what the Ashes store is doing is allowed, and probably the other 2 stores you mentioned are using the same mesh source, they are not the original creator, they just buy the full prem mesh objects and they make little changes to it, like animations or textures, what's not allowed is to sell the full prem object as is!

for example the ashes kitchen they got the full prem kitchen from this store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/36804

and what they did is adding animations to it, and that's it, they did not even texture it.

another store is using the same kitchen but they did much better job to it, they added various texture options and animations:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TA-Gourmand-Kitchen-PG-Adult-Copy/21661592

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5