Never Give Up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I may give out but I will never give up. ~Mr. Overton

I want to be like Mr. Overton when I grow up. Anyone else?

That's a good quote.

But I never plan on growing up. I suck at adulting. Yikes, he's  109 in this video.  He died of pneumonia at age 112 (almost 113).

A running theme in this was his comments of "It makes me feel good."

I can't imagine 100+. I can't imagine next week...

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

That's a good quote.

But I never plan on growing up. I suck at adulting. Yikes, he's  109 in this video.  He died of pneumonia at age 112 (almost 113).

That was one of his secrets. He never grew up. That's why I want to be like him so I'll never grow up.

He saw so much and kept going. Because it made him feel good and that is what life is about isn't it? Feeling good about the things you do and especially about the things that others/everyone/community benefits from?

Have you ever read Amy Tan's The Hundred Secret Senses? She writes about having as few regrets as possible in your life.

If I live another 40 years, I'll be 101. I'd like to see man make it to Mars.

As for family and friends, there aren't many left. So I come here and bug the hell out of all of you.

tumblr_o7wycnu0XM1v7q31oo1_400.gif

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That was one of his secrets. He never grew up. That's why I want to be like him so I'll never grow up.

He saw so much and kept going. Because it made him feel good and that is what life is about isn't it? Feeling good about the things you do and especially about the things that others/everyone/community benefits from?

Have you ever read Amy Tan's The Hundred Secret Senses? She writes about having as few regrets as possible in your life.

As for family and friends, there aren't many left. So I come here and bug the hell out of all of you.

tumblr_o7wycnu0XM1v7q31oo1_400.gif

I'm stealing the gif.

Nope, I haven't read that book of Tan's but I'll put it on my list at Amazon.

• Like 1

My grandfather broke 100. He was very happily married for well over 50 of those years. He used to tell people the secret of a happy marriage was to have a good sex life. We used to go out for dinner regularly together and I couldn't figure out why I kept getting dirty looks until I overheard someone mutter "young enough to be his granddaughter". I was mortified, he was delighted. Thereafter, whenever we entered a restaurant, he'd tell the waiter and the people at the next table, "She's my granddaughter, not my lover. I'm not that lucky."

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

'nother little story. It was my grandpa's birthday in july and he was honestly gobsmacked when we wished him a happy 76th birthday. He honest to god thought it was his 71st lol.

I took that as an opportunity to make myself 5 years younger for my own birthday this year as well xD

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Same*! If I can retain my mental health and at least a decent amount of physical health, I would like to get this old. I want to see where things go in the 21th century.

*Accidents and sudden, severe illnesses aside: I have good chances to be around in 40 years. I will be young 69 then.

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

My grandfather broke 100. He was very happily married for well over 50 of those years. He used to tell people the secret of a happy marriage was to have a good sex life. We used to go out for dinner regularly together and I couldn't figure out why I kept getting dirty looks until I overheard someone mutter "young enough to be his granddaughter". I was mortified, he was delighted. Thereafter, whenever we entered a restaurant, he'd tell the waiter and the people at the next table, "She's my granddaughter, not my lover. I'm not that lucky."

Alpha grandfather! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

That's a good quote.

Hell, I can't imagine tomorrow...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.