Portraits of Friendship

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this thread.  Images of friendship characterize my second life before anything else, I think.  This is a great thread, I love all the pictures I see and return back to over and over.

I decided to contribute one (three?) of me and Pearle on the deck with morning tea.  Tea-time mornings have been a thing for many years and I find my life balanced nicely because of her friendship.

Early Morning Tea On The Deck.png

Edited by Julia Lygon
it isn't really "one" is it... more like three. Three in one.
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both my wife and I are poly, we have our respective Daddy Dominants who love us and respect our relationship which for us was super important and this me with my Daddy; Big John and he has my friend for almost 8 years now. I did shot for my blog; I post and before after.

Before is the brighter one and one after is one with my logo added, brightness & contrast tweaked and then the colour adjustment fiddled with however I love those few little edits because to me makes shot perfect.

snowy kisses_003 edited v3.png

snowy kisses_003.png

• Like 6

Okay, I took a chance in meeting someone in world who is very different from me and I now have a new friend.  He was a perfect gentleman the entire time even though he's probably not used to having someone as prudish as me around (rules, boundaries, social awkwardness).  We cycled through animations in the couch while chatting and taking pics - which IS something we have in common.  He may post some, too.  It was interesting seeing the differences in what we each captured in the same animations.  Thank you, @Bagnu for indulging my wish to understand who you are and where you are coming from.

I couldn't decide whether I liked the lighter lighting or the darker lighting, so I am putting them both here.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d9e7059d69d1347951160f0c804e248.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b3f2f7fdf545d88c0846872d53576b7f.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Okay, I took a chance in meeting someone in world who is very different from me and I now have a new friend.  He was a perfect gentleman the entire time even though he's probably not used to having someone as prudish as me around (rules, boundaries, social awkwardness).  We cycled through animations in the couch while chatting and taking pics - which IS something we have in common.  He may post some, too.  It was interesting seeing the differences in what we each captured in the same animations.  Thank you, @Bagnu for indulging my wish to understand who you are and where you are coming from.

I couldn't decide whether I liked the lighter lighting or the darker lighting, so I am putting them both here.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d9e7059d69d1347951160f0c804e248.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b3f2f7fdf545d88c0846872d53576b7f.jpeg

The darker lighting is better 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Cinnamon Mistwood Robert has pretty good taste... the darker looks better. I prefer well saturated colors. The second is too washed out looking for my taste. However, it does provide a very different feel for the moment. So... better depends...

image.thumb.jpeg.cf088204206adaecbd23fc48e62dfb52.jpeg

I think this is my oldest friend in SL... awesome Role Player and great region builder. And she has a really great looking butt...

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 4:43 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

@Cinnamon Mistwood Robert has pretty good taste... the darker looks better. I prefer well saturated colors. The second is too washed out looking for my taste. However, it does provide a very different feel for the moment. So... better depends...

image.thumb.jpeg.cf088204206adaecbd23fc48e62dfb52.jpeg

The washed out one leaves me with me an impression of innocence. The darker one, a more romantic feel.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

The washed out one leaves me with me an impression of innocence. The darker one, a more romantic feel.

Which is exactly what I was after.  A contrast.  We both took photos while sitting on a couch.  We both chose our own lighting and EEP.  We picked different times in the animations to actually snap the photos. 

Anyone looking at the differences would get a different feel for what they think was going on and form their opinions on what they see in them.  My view was different than yours, but I still wanted 2 very different photos.  We are very different people from very different places and I captured it exactly how I wanted.

I wish more people would take pictures of the same things, but from their own perspectives  I find it fascinating.   Years ago there was a photo thread with a landmark to a tree stump on a hill.  The tree stump had some animations in it.  People would go and take photos there and post the results.  Same spot, but nothing else was the same.  I'm not quite motivated enough to search for it, but it was a fun thread.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
Spelling
  • Like 4