RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I'm working on a new profile pic for the forums 🙂  I took the one I've currently got up last night... but I'm a bit "meh" about it.  The background was off, the dead-on look did me no favors, and the faceapp-added smile is currently giving me the heebie-jeebies.

So!  After this morning's photoshoot, I decided on this picture:

1524610347_ProfileEttaPick.png.14f56082ec1229c791146e2e63275cc0.png

I downloaded it to my hard drive, opened it in PS, went into Image Adjustment, and adjusted "Curves":

139619554_ProfileEttaPick_edit.png.a3ea9f12c19022fb12e9ab8ad8c14240.png

Then I cropped it, added a bit of iris blur, and tweaked brightness/ contrast as well as saturation a bit to land on this:

224325615_ProfileEttaPick.editcropped.png.ac654d030e0cfddb7105b9553b5f6a23.png

It's... an improvement?  I think.  Definitely an improvement over the one I've got up currently 😛

Edited to add that if this were a straight-out portrait, I'd likely go less on the cropping, because I might like that space on the left?  But it's a profile pic so I went more with a centered look.  Arrrrgh... my brain hurts!

Another edit... seems my mucking about with saturation or something created an annoying white splotch on my forehead.  Harumph.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
As stated above.
  • Like 15

This is a collection of raw (yes, raw) shots taken in a Windlight that ships with Firestorm (but that I have completely forgotten the bloody name of!)

I took these last July, and I had some basic slightly high-key projected lighting going on. The first - solo - image shows the original projected lighting in a raw shot, and the second - composite - shows the same projected lighting using that Windlight preset. If I can find out which preset it was I'll let you know.

Update: I think it was Orac - Drawing Underground Comic (and that I moved the sun position slider so the light was more white than red).

raw_projected.thumb.jpg.df04c4f63dbe4d0b72d001247f4d7ecf.jpg

raw_windlight.thumb.jpg.a5d7dc14f7f90a6102e486a82596a9b1.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, taisiyakarpenko said:

That image is 1024x768 and when I look at it at 100%  - I cannot see any jags...

If you zoom in to more than 100%,  you will start to get "jags" or rather see the "antialiasing" if that is turned on - no matter what card you have...

This is a 500x500 screengrab of a 6000x3128 render on a RTX2060 card:

100.png.b0a9258fa3196b726a93b3b8b63a19a5.png

500x500 screengrab of same image zoomed in to 400% in PS:

400.png.334799a16cfb7654f61ad9cc10cbf10d.png

12k100.png.318dac000fb97aecbccb895355b647d3.png

500x500 screengrab of a 12000x6259 render (yay, Black Dragon), 100% scaling

As you see, the only way to avoid jagging for a specific crop is to render at larger resolution...

Thx, taisiyaka! (sigh, 'Angelina' was much easier to remember 😄). My FS seems to mess up light a bit when I grab at real high resolutions, so I'll need to figure that out too. Your works is always super-smooth, though. :) 

• Like 3

Please, excuse the crudity... oh wait, I was't going to do that any more. 😁 Here's me on my mermaid sofa (on the flipside of the curved wall divider I was having my morning coffee at, yesterday. Again, some minimal color/light post-processing took place. Back in the days of PS3, I had such excellent filters (like AutoFX); but it seems with Photoshop CC 2019, all the good stuff has disappeared.

merm2.thumb.jpg.9471afed0277c0234d682621e5dc39b0.jpg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, so I'm working on a new profile pic for the forums 🙂  I took the one I've currently got up last night... but I'm a bit "meh" about it.  The background was off, the dead-on look did me no favors, and the faceapp-added smile is currently giving me the heebie-jeebies.

So!  After this morning's photoshoot, I decided on this picture:

1524610347_ProfileEttaPick.png.14f56082ec1229c791146e2e63275cc0.png

I downloaded it to my hard drive, opened it in PS, went into Image Adjustment, and adjusted "Curves":

139619554_ProfileEttaPick_edit.png.a3ea9f12c19022fb12e9ab8ad8c14240.png

Then I cropped it, added a bit of iris blur, and tweaked brightness/ contrast as well as saturation a bit to land on this:

224325615_ProfileEttaPick.editcropped.png.ac654d030e0cfddb7105b9553b5f6a23.png

It's... an improvement?  I think.  Definitely an improvement over the one I've got up currently 😛

Edited to add that if this were a straight-out portrait, I'd likely go less on the cropping, because I might like that space on the left?  But it's a profile pic so I went more with a centered look.  Arrrrgh... my brain hurts!

Another edit... seems my mucking about with saturation or something created an annoying white splotch on my forehead.  Harumph.

An avi becomes real when you can't tell the difference any more. :) You look absolutely astounding. So real, so beautiful. ❤️ And the subtle effects you used were quite instructive, and quite visible.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A complete impromptu and utterly unprocessed pic from about . . . 5 minutes ago. At Maddy's new beach house!

(I'm going to learn how to do good "opportunity" pics if it kills me!)

Looks good to me! I hope it didn't cause death! :::worry::: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Somebody foolishly gave me building rights to work on a super sekret underwater area! bwahahahaha Moar Prims! eh hem :::cough::: Anyway, I've been dragging my feet, and throwing stuff on the ground out of my inventory, looking at it, going "meh", picking it up, repeating, "meh, meh and more meh." Then I found a cave system in my inventory, as one does. I bought it years ago for another project that never happened. Hmmmm. So this is me, with a Firestorm screenshot, as we speak, as I work. Captured in a rare moment of NOT swearing at mesh component seam lines and gaps.

ETA: The underwater parasol is to bash sharks on the head.

thith build 051420_002.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Somebody foolishly gave me building rights to work on a super sekret underwater area! bwahahahaha Moar Prims! eh hem :::cough::: Anyway, I've been dragging my feet, and throwing stuff on the ground out of my inventory, looking at it, going "meh", picking it up, repeating, "meh, meh and more meh." Then I found a cave system in my inventory, as one does. I bought it years ago for another project that never happened. Hmmmm. So this is me, with a Firestorm screenshot, as we speak, as I work. Captured in a rare moment of NOT swearing at mesh component seam lines and gaps.

ETA: The underwater parasol is to bash sharks on the head.

thith build 051420_002.jpg

That cave system looks like it might be the same one we used for the underwater section of Fantasy Gay Pride last year. If it is, you have my deepest sympathies about seams and gaps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.