Second Life and Adult Swim!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

“this is still a limited seating situation—once that virtual venue fills up, nobody else will be allowed in.”  
So 100 viewers in-world while its live.  

That will lead to a lot of frustrated people new to SL who don’t get in.  & they probably won’t be inclined to return.  

Maybe they should consider an optional screen in screen experience on a rebroadcast of the SLers watching, so those who can’t get in might still return. (So they can see what the hub hub was about)

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

"If you miss it at 7, don’t worry—the program will repeat every hour until midnight ET."

So people will have five chances to catch it inworld if I'm reading that correctly. 

Not to mention that for us current residents, this means some newly added/built technology that means people will be able to watch things together in SL. I'm more excited about that potential. Snuggle up with my honey to watch a movie together on a screen in our house instead of having to sync hitting "play" on another device or outside screen? Yes, please. Resident-created machinima premiers in SL? Yes, please. 

This opens up some huge potential.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

“this is still a limited seating situation—once that virtual venue fills up, nobody else will be allowed in.”  

That will lead to a lot of frustrated people new to SL who don’t get in.  & they probably won’t be inclined to return.  

I'm sure there will be ample opportunities for everyone to be frustrated by SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• On the day of the event, be sure to first login to Second Life and then use this link to teleport to the venue. The venue opens early at 3:30 p.m. (SLT/Pacific), so get there early as seating is extremely limited! 
  • Can’t get into the event? No problem! If you miss the first live streaming event, then try again for repeat showings hourly through 9 p.m. (SLT/Pacific).

That's all way after midnight for me, so too bad as I was interested. I will have to read the reviews I guess. Oh well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, I googled videos of it, and it's kinda like Robot Chicken.

I am not familiar with that chicken recipe.

• Like 1

What a bunch of negative Nancys in this thread. 

This is something that people have been wanting for ages. How often do we see people ask here if it's possible to stream something in SL so people can watch it at the same time? I can remember several, and it's not been possible before now. 

It astounds me how many people hate SL and LL yet still continue using their platform every day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It does look fun and interesting. Please note that you *have to* (according to the article) be running a new viewer release to see the show. It is viewer 6.4.1.541204 - CEF Special. I couldn't find anything much about the release except it is a ... new release for a special client. Inara Pey had a little something on her blog about it.

I suppose we should all expect it, and be used to it, but I rolled my eyes at the article's, "Remember Second Life?..."

ETA: It really is a shame that considerations weren't made for viewers outside of the North/South American time zones.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

"If you miss it at 7, don’t worry—the program will repeat every hour until midnight ET."

So people will have five chances to catch it inworld if I'm reading that correctly. 

Not to mention that for us current residents, this means some newly added/built technology that means people will be able to watch things together in SL. I'm more excited about that potential. Snuggle up with my honey to watch a movie together on a screen in our house instead of having to sync hitting "play" on another device or outside screen? Yes, please. Resident-created machinima premiers in SL? Yes, please. 

This opens up some huge potential.

I skim a lot.  That doesn’t always work out in my favor.

thats awesome to see that the lindens thought that out- I know I know- I looked not too smart.  Thanks for being kind in correcting me :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So disappointed.

I was sure from the title of the thread that this was a mass skinny-dipping event.

/me 's mind swims passed Scylla's in the gutter on it's back.

• Haha 1

The negative comments, while some of them are amusing, are also huh? OK, not interested in watching it, why snark? (And this comes from someone whose native language is Snark.) This reminds me of a Facebook page I used to follow. Remember Facebook? (See? Snark!) The page was for an admittedly guilty-pleasure tv show that I follow and of which I'm a mild fan. A post would go up and inevitably 50% of the comments would be, "Oh I hate this show!" or "Why does anyone watch this piece of crap?" and so on, which made 25% of the comments, "If you don't like it and don't watch it, why post about it here?"  And 25% of the comments to ignore the other 75% and just post, "OH, I love this show I'm so excited about xyz!"

:)

People, am I rite?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The show is some stop-motion animation thing. If the viewer gets a general-purpose feature for letting multiple people watch the same media on a prim, that's useful. We can have TVs and movie theaters that are in sync for all the viewers. Lots of opportunities for social groups there.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.