What Feature Would You Like

Laurelrose Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Was there something you wish was available in your Linden Home?

That's from the original post, and that's what most of us have been replying to. It's like a wish list thread.

I honestly don't see the need to throw cold water on our "wishes", especially since we left the other thread and moved over here, as requested. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Belli is not just a collection of nice parcels, it is a community of nice neighborhoods.  If residents turn their house to face a blank side to the road, then from the passersby point of view, it doesn't look like a neighborhood at all.  The Grand View is carefully designed so that either of the two sides that face the 'road' look like an entrance to the home.

So if you want to be able to turn houses to any of 4 positions, each 90 degrees from the last, either all four sides of the house need to look acceptable from the street, or the parcel has to include an obvious path from the street to the front door, wherever it is facing. Otherwise, why are the moles bothering with neighborhood design at all?  Just plonk them down on parcels every which way, and don't provide any roads.

Is that the way the older Linden Homes were?

In my above posted example, the stairs of the Grand View are on the right, facing the bridge.  If I could choose the Lincoln and turn it so that the large front windows faced that direction, the stairs to both doors would face the same.  I could then, if I chose, put a path to the front door with either the Lincoln (in the direction of my chosing) or the Grand View (as seen).

I understand that we don't really want houses facing all willy nilly.  I appreciate a neighborhood feeling, but it is my house.  Having the option to face the large windows to a view of something other than a road or a neighbor's house is desirable, in my honest opinion.

• Like 7

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's from the original post, and that's what most of us have been replying to. It's like a wish list thread.

I honestly don't see the need to throw cold water on our "wishes", especially since we left the other thread and moved over here, as requested. 

My sentiments exactly!

Also we are in SL to have a little escape. I can't change the house I live in, in RL, but in SL I can dream of what I would have as my ideal home. Our wishes are mostly just that, wishes, we are NOT expecting things to be changed just because we said them on here. I love what the Moles have designed, and if I don't like a parcel, I move. But this thread was for us to express our wishes!

• Like 7

And now, as to THE TOPIC ;) .....

I also wish that we had a way to know before clicking whether we are about to get a home we have already caught before! OK, that's cheating a bit, as it's not really a wish for something "in a Linden home", but you have to admit, it's a pretty good wish. I guess it could be "in" the home if it was like a visitor list thing that registered us when we claimed the home, then rejected further attempts to claim it again. (Now watch someone say, but what if someone WANTS to claim one again? lol)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'd also like to see the ability to make custom wall colors extended to all the themes that don't currently have that feature. 

Yes, please!

1 hour ago, Evie Shaw said:

Camper on a 1024!

Wow, that would be SO nice.  One reason why I like the Grand View is that it is "less house" than the others.

2 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Very simple request I wish the content packs of each home also included a sound box with the region sounds.  I like to be polite and turn the sounds to my parcel off to the rest of the region... but in doing that I also cut off the pretty sounds outside my parcel.

This.  Or any change that would allow me to hear the region sounds.  Even the ability to white-list an object, if need be. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Artair Glendullen said:

I'd like the ability to change the colour of the outside trim. There's this really pretty Victorian house uptown in the city I live that looks almost exactly like the Shelley, and it's cream coloured with a reddish trim. I want it. I want it a lot.

That's a good one! And that makes me think, I'd like to be able to custom color the interior trim, floors, and doors, too. 

• Like 5

I wish...

That some of the amazing trads I had in the past didn't had high hedges blocking the great views. Yes, I know I can derrender them, but but but I know they there...

So a feature you can delete Linden landscaping within your own plot. Ofc it magically appears back when you abandon.

• Like 5

Ability to rotate houseboats , position windows or add windows where I want, or just a kit Linden home i.e set style walls, doors, windows etc. provided and then I can build the house myself conforming to certain covenant rules, but can put doors and windows where I want. More homes on water. More houseboats on square plots.

Please don't point out the reasons why all this would be a bad thing or not possible - I, and probably others, have mentioned these ideas before, and it's been gone over in other threads as far back as summer last year - but I like to repeat myself in the (vain) hope maybe something will come of it lol - let a girl dream!!  😛😁

Also I'd like to see a return to the more unique design of regions we saw with the traditionals. I know the reasons why LL had to go for a more cloned approach, and it makes absolute sense. But I kinda miss the joy of exploring the newer areas. Compared to the traditional, campers and houseboats there aren't as many lovely cute places discover amongst the landscaping and it's just not as much fun ( as beautiful as they are ).

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The content packs are free for the getting in the older homes, so I'm not sure why these aren't other than maybe because of some of the other items included.  Maybe, at the least, LL could create a few Hubs around Bellisseria where the Texture packs are at least available to all.  Or if they want to keep all of the content packs only available to Premium accounts, they could maybe put a dispensary at one of the Premium only locations.  Then, at least my main Premium could go grab them all without having to actually claim a home of every type on my main account.

As to the Log Homes facing the water, pretty much all of the ones that I've ever encountered in RL are situated like LL did -- the home fronts face towards the road and the home backs face towards the water.  That way, visitors can easily approach your front door and your water-facing area is more private.

I have the textures on my main, but that is because I have alts that send the textures to me. But for items like flowers, I have to log on the alt who have a Victorian. Or a lamp, the alt who had a Camper. I am paying for all the premium avatars, so I wish it was a feature where I could get all the premium home packs.

The road is often between the mailbox and the water. The backside is facing another house, a hill or similar.This is the exact placement as in the preview region. Water, the road follow the water, backyard facing away from water. It is pretty to look at if you walk the road. But less useful if I should live there. One of my friends pointed out that the backyards had no pretty view, when we visited the preview region, and I said that LL would surely not design log land like that. But they did, for a lot of the landscape. I have abandoned houses because of that. I am not sure if they thought about that when they decided the landscaping. I think this is special for the log land, that the roads follow the lake and river edges so much.

And when I got the desirable road - mailbox - water placement with the back facing the water, I was lucky because I prefer Overlook. So yes, I would have the option to turn the large windows in other houses toward the water and let visitors walk around the house instead.

The house is for my use, not for one on the road to admire. Especially when it is beautiful water on the other side.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few word to clarify what I mean
  • Like 8

While we are wishing, I don't think I've seen this one already: I wish we could transfer parcels between our alts and our main account. Not to anyone else, only among accounts owned by the same person.

As it happens, my main owns my fave LH, but wouldn't it be nice to not be stuck keeping an alt Premium purely because it had a parcel you don't want to risk trying to release and catch with another alt? 

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

While we are wishing, I don't think I've seen this one already: I wish we could transfer parcels between our alts and our main account. Not to anyone else, only among accounts owned by the same person.

As it happens, my main owns my fave LH, but wouldn't it be nice to not be stuck keeping an alt Premium purely because it had a parcel you don't want to risk trying to release and catch with another alt? 

Amen.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This. x100

My fave LH on a empty alt. Downgrated my main last week, since I want to go back to one premium only.

• Like 3

I want the freaking fireflies, too. I have tried begging and bribing both Lindens and Moles to no avail. It seems that the immensely talented @Garden Mole creates each one individually to match the area it's placed in because he pays THAT much attention to detail. Little did he know he'd be creating the most sought after thing in Bellisseria. 

I've looked at other firefly emitters, etc., and they just aren't as nice!

I'd also love to be able to transfer my different parcels between owners. And I want the big open regions to stay big and open around the cabins. And a steeplechase course. I want to change the trim on the outside of the houses. I want the blue wall in the houseboat gone. Click-to-TP in the Victorians and cabins. Option to recolor the ceilings, and trim, and floors to exactly match the inside and outside of the houses. I want an official Bellisseria group run by/owned by the Lindens and Moles. 

And mostly, I want my very own Mole. @Quartz Mole to be precise. I keep opening the content packs hoping he'll pop out like a stripper from a cake at a bachelor party, but no luck so far!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I want an actual green color for the log home exterior.  Not the brown-with-a-green-tinge that they have now, an actual subdued green stain.

Here is Sherwin-Williams' exterior stain palette.  Personally, I could go for either the 1st or 3rd one in the bottom row!

stain-22.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

I would like to see the last of this new "feature" where a region releases (or so we think), and it turns out only one or two homes are up to be claimed while the rest stay unavailable for hours afterward. I liked it better when an entire region became available one home after another, instead of NEW REGION HOME, NEW REGION HOME, OH SORRY THAT'S ALL FOLKS BACK TO ABANDONS FOR A FEW HOURS.

I suppose this does help make sure that one or two people with a bunch of alts can't storm in and grab everything in the region right off the bat, but at the same time, my alt is getting frustrated at having her hopes raised then the door slammed in her face! 😭

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I liked it better when an entire region became available one home after another, instead of NEW REGION HOME, NEW REGION HOME, OH SORRY THAT'S ALL FOLKS BACK TO ABANDONS FOR A FEW HOURS.

Since we know all the regions have actually been released, I'm wondering if it works like... frick, how to describe...

Say there are 100 regions completely filled, so the system starts filling the 101st region... ten people abandon their other cabins and grab one on region 101, so now there are 10 empty spots in regions 1-100, so it goes back to fill those again before before assigning again in region 101. And some of those 10 people who abandoned end up with another one from the 10 that were abandoned, and it just starts a vicious little cycle of shuffling through those abandons while region 101 still sits mostly empty, and will until more new people come along, or people who've abandoned other themes, which opens up a Victorian or houseboat?

I think the way the home server dishes out homes may be a mystery forever, or at least until the entire thing is rewritten. 

I have one cabin in a location that I love, but another alt is still playing. Yesterday she abandoned, got a new parcel, abandoned, got her old parcel back, abandoned, got the second parcel again, and decided to quit for the day. 

It's frustrating. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Since we know all the regions have actually been released, I'm wondering if it works like... frick, how to describe...

Say there are 100 regions completely filled, so the system starts filling the 101st region... ten people abandon their other cabins and grab one on region 101, so now there are 10 empty spots in regions 1-100, so it goes back to fill those again before before assigning again in region 101. And some of those 10 people who abandoned end up with another one from the 10 that were abandoned, and it just starts a vicious little cycle of shuffling through those abandons while region 101 still sits mostly empty, and will until more new people come along, or people who've abandoned other themes, which opens up a Victorian or houseboat?

I think the way the home server dishes out homes may be a mystery forever, or at least until the entire thing is rewritten. 

I have one cabin in a location that I love, but another alt is still playing. Yesterday she abandoned, got a new parcel, abandoned, got her old parcel back, abandoned, got the second parcel again, and decided to quit for the day. 

It's frustrating. 

That's the only explanation that makes sense. It seems like we are probably sabotaging ourselves in that other thread by announcing releases, since that starts the cycle of people rushing to abandon and claim in the new region, then all those abandons likely get shoved to the front of the line ahead of the newly released region, and we wind up just passing our abandons back and forth amongst us!

I'm starting to wonder if my poor alt's luck would improve if I stopped looking at that thread and just let her randomly click now and then. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm starting to wonder if my poor alt's luck would improve if I stopped looking at that thread and just let her randomly click now and then. 

That's what I do... I just pick random times, click, and see what I get. I lucked into one amazing parcel that someone abandoned because of the double-house issue, but as amazing as it is, it's still not completely perfect like my boat and camper parcels so I'll keep playing until the lock-down is over and see if I can't find the unicorn parcel. 

If I don't, I still have a spot that I love... and then whatever the next theme is will hit us and we'll all start all over again. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I too seem to have better luck if I don't pay attention to releases.  Yeah it has been a bit frustrating lately, so I haven't really been trying that hard when someone posts that a region has released.  However, sometimes my click happy finger can't help it and I still try.  These log homes seem to release a bit different and I have had to rethink my expectations in regards to landscaping and water.  Now I am trying to think lots of trees and mountains and hills with a good amount of space between houses if possible, maybe a wee little pond.

Now that you mention that, my best catches seem to be ones that I wasn't looking for or really expecting and just clicked for the fun of it.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.