What Feature Would You Like

Laurelrose Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't pay any attention to the thread anymore.  I go play on the land page whenever the urge hits. Sometimes I'll use up all 5 chances right away and sometimes I'll spread it over a few hours.

After reading the last few comments here, I am going to try to do the same. That's how I did it in the early days, and it was so much less frustrating than it is now. 

• Like 5

Oh, I hope we don't stop posting releases and great abandons on the When-did-you-last-see..."

It's a fun thread to read. I love to see what beautiful homes people are releasing. Then you know that home is floating around somewhere!

But I don't count on catching any of them.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Oh, I hope we don't stop posting releases and great abandons on the When-did-you-last-see..."

It's a fun thread to read. I love to see what beautiful homes people are releasing. Then you know that home is floating around somewhere!

But I don't count on catching any of them.

I still plan on posting any waterside parcels I end up abandoning. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I know this is not likely to happen, but it is a wish, right?

The ability to go back. Let us say, you have a location you like, but you are beginning to be restless. But you are afraid to let go, and get only bad locations and miss what you abandoned. The abandoned house will not show up on the land page until 24 hours have passed, and in that period, you could click "reclaim my house in (location).

(Missing Humansville) 😢

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I wish we could have two campers, since I won”t use the other 512 on Mainland. Ideally I would love to have a camper on a 1024 parcel (which has already been wished for by a previous poster). It’s not that I even need the 351 prims . It’s the space between campers that I crave. @Beth Macbain there are fireflies in the camper regions, too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

. @Beth Macbain there are fireflies in the camper regions, too. 

Yes, but there are none close to my cabin... believe me, I've searched! I don't even think there are any in my region. In RL, fireflies are everywhere during the season. I'd love to be able to place several on my parcel so they're scattered all over.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The ability to go back. Let us say, you have a location you like, but you are beginning to be restless. But you are afraid to let go, and get only bad locations and miss what you abandoned. The abandoned house will not show up on the land page until 24 hours have passed, and in that period, you could click "reclaim my house in (location).

(Missing Humansville) 😢

They encourage ALTS for a reason. Who wouldn’t love to hold their house and still get to roll without repercussions for free? Everyone would constantly be doing this and hoping to trade up, but they can’t because the homes are out of circulation always for 24 hours. 

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Yes, but there are none close to my cabin... believe me, I've searched! I don't even think there are any in my region. In RL, fireflies are everywhere during the season. I'd love to be able to place several on my parcel so they're scattered all over.

I agree they would be a wonderful addition to the content pack. I'm fortunate to have them in my backyard in the summer in RL. Yesterday I stumbled into an abandoned camper in Antelope Lake. That's where I noticed the fireflies on the lake. 

Edited by LuLu Starbrook
I knew I was using the wrong word after I hit save - Content
  • Like 1

I love the Grand View home, which is the one I have chosen. But I really wish there was a back door at the opposite end of the house. And for that matter, I wish that the two styles that do have two separate doors, didn't have them on the same side of the house. I mean, why? 

I would rather have the front of the house facing the road though, and have the water-facing side be more private (which is more or less what I've got, although the water is just a tiny pond). One of the reasons I wasn't happy with my original trad was because it was the back of the house and not the front that faced the road.

And I wish that all the houses had a sufficient gap in the roadside decor to allow the building of a driveway/carport/garage at the side of the house, with direct access to the road (instead of having to try and drive my vehicle over a barrier of rocks to get to the road). 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I'm fortunate to have them in my backyard in the summer in RL

I grew up in the Midwest US and loved seeing fireflies at night.  They claim that we have them in Colorado, but I've never seen one in my 30 years of living here.

I want them in the content packs also.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I grew up in the Midwest US and loved seeing fireflies at night.

Anticipating firefly season in a month or so is seriously one of the things keeping me looking ahead in this damn pandemic. One of the few things I've found to really look forward to. Every year, I get so freaking excited when I finally spot the first one. This year I'll probably do cartwheels... and end up breaking my neck and going to the hospital... where I'll catch the COVID... and die.

I grew up calling them Lightning Bugs... anyone else? 

Yes, I know this is derailing. 

So, um... wishes... er... I wish every home came with a @Quartz Mole. Damn, I already did that one, didn't I?

I would like to see adult-rated Linden Homes, and the themes the Moles and Lindens could dream up for them.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I grew up calling them Lightning Bugs... anyone else? 

Yes.  I grew up in Missouri and we called them Lightening Bugs.  I actually didn't even know they were also called Fireflies until a vacation in my teens to some other midwest or southern state.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

(Missing Humansville) 😢

Great idea!

1 hour ago, FredrickF said:

Great idea!

It's a nice dream.

Another great thing, I am sure it is mentioned 100 times before, is to transfer homes between accounts. LL will probably not do this either, because then people keep alts in premium so they don't lose the best home? But I can wish.

That is the downside of Linden Homes. What to afford, what to keep, the sadness when a dear home is gone. Be it abandoning the "wrong" home or a trial to abandon and grab with another account that goes wrong.

• Like 4

As we're dreaming :)

I'd like to be able to reposition the house in the parcel (could be restricted to just 4 possible points, rather than free-form). Would be nice to move the log homes without back doors  back into the parcel, and some rightwards (as you look at the house from the mailbox).

• Like 5

I have a couple of things. The first I would think is possible. The second one is a total pipe dream and will never happen .. but hey we're just dreaming here right?

1. The ability to turn any door invisible and phantom.

2. The ability to turn any fence/hedge immediately surrounding your parcel invisible and phantom.

When the parcel is abandoned all doors, fences, and hedges would revert to normal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I have a couple of things. The first I would think is possible. The second one is a total pipe dream and will never happen .. but hey we're just dreaming here right?

1. The ability to turn any door invisible and phantom.

2. The ability to turn any fence/hedge immediately surrounding your parcel invisible and phantom.

When the parcel is abandoned all doors, fences, and hedges would revert to normal.

You mean, that all others would not see the invisible items either? That is a benefit over derendering. And derendering isn't even an official viewer feature.

• Moles

The Grand View was a special case. When we lay out parcels we have to do it in mind than any house can be rezzed on any parcel. SOP is to place the entry into the house facing the most logical entry into the parcel. Some houses will have better views one direction than another, but we still want the entry of the home facing the entry to the parcel. With the Grand View we realized that posed a significant problem. Because the view out of those windows was SO nice, if we did that then the view out of those windows in a majority cases would be of the house next door. Ick, yuck... no thank you. Instead, we faced those windows of that house toward the road... because that is going to be the *better* view most consistently across all of the parcels. But not in every case... in enough cases the view with the door facing the entry (as normal) gave a wonderful view out of those windows. So going off what we did with rotating the campers, we gave that one house the ability to rotate in that one direction only. 

Why not make all the houses rotate in all directions? Because of Rule 1627.7828 which states "If you give everyone the ability to do something they really shouldn't, they will." In this case, that is having much of what you see when you travel through the neighborhoods of Bellisseria be the backs of everyone's houses. Again... Ick, yuck... no thank you.

Does that mean there will be cases where the orientation of the house they choose and the "best" view the resident wants is not possible? (Also keep in mind that 'best' is always relative) Sure.  Does it also preserve the pleasant and inviting look and feel of the theme throughout the whole of the continent? Absolutely. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 15

My wishlist item would be for the Victorians to have a 'mirror' option along the front door axis so that the areas would have just a bit more variety. An example of this mirror build would be from the older Linden Homes: the Meadowbrook theme had the Mountainview1 and its evil twin the Mountainview2. Though for Bellisseria, parcel owners would have the option to use, say, Verne or Verne-Flipped.

Particularly for the Victorian neighborhoods, if you drove through their RL counterparts, you'd see much more variety in structure. Mirroring the mesh in this way would increase visual interest in the areas while keeping the homes consistently placed on their parcels and allowing homeowners a little bit more leeway to be different from the homes nearby.

This could also be done for the Traditionals and Cabins to improve or maximize interior views of the local scenery.

Seems like it could be a win/win, relatively easy to impliment and providing immediate benefit/improvement to the product. We can dream ... 😴

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.