What Feature Would You Like

Laurelrose Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has been mentioned in another thread (or two), but I wish all the Log Home styles had the option of rotating.  Maybe it is something that was a trial with the Grand View to see how it was received.  I have grabbed a number of parcels that would have been keepers, for me, if I could have turned the home a direction (90, 180 or 270 degrees) that works for my aesthetic.

Was there something you wish was available in your Linden Home?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for starting this thread ☺️

I also wish there were more options for rotating the cabins, to take full advantage of some of the lovely views you can get ~ if the windows face that view. The Moles have done a wonderful job recreating the outdoors for us, it would be nice to be able to see that from through the windows. As we all know, we do sometimes get some dreadful weather in Bellisseria 😉 so we need to stay inside sometimes 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I am not sure what you mean. 😕

My guess is that this is referring to the About Land box, where the parcel owner can use the Objects tab to see what object are owned by whom on the parcel and have those items highlighted. This is only an option for the parcel owner, so if you are on an alt's parcel, only the alt can use it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My guess is that this is referring to the About Land box, where the parcel owner can use the Objects tab to see what object are owned by whom on the parcel and have those items highlighted. This is only an option for the parcel owner, so if you are on an alt's parcel, only the alt can use it. 

Thank you for clarifying.  I do hate when I have to log an alt/daughter on to check or adjust those.

• Like 2

As for what I'd like to see, I also would like to have more flexibility in choosing which direction a home faces, since so very many of the log homes on water have their backs facing the water.

I'd also like to see the ability to make custom wall colors extended to all the themes that don't currently have that feature. 

• Like 7

I went through a kayak through Cartwright & Schoolhouse tonight & it was lovely. Nearly all the houses faced the river & it’s been wonderfully landscaped. So many people want this so it would be amazing if rotation was introduced. There is a lot of catch & release at the moment, not because there is anything wrong with the area, the houses just face the wrong way. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Could we PLEASE have @Garden Mole  LH:SOUND: Tree of Birds included in the Content Creation Pack? I've had to resort to "Restrict Gesture and Sound" to my parcel, due to other residents who want to share their sighs, groans, babies, pets, throbbing motors etc etc with everyone else. Some sounds are a little creepy or adult.

Or, maybe have that scripted object on each parcel so we can switch it on or off? I like hearing the birds... not the neighbors 😳

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, CarlottaVonUberwald said:

Could we PLEASE have @Garden Mole  LH:SOUND: Tree of Birds included in the Content Creation Pack? I've had to resort to "Restrict Gesture and Sound" to my parcel, due to other residents who want to share their sighs, groans, babies, pets, throbbing motors etc etc with everyone else. Some sounds are a little creepy or adult.

Or, maybe have that scripted object on each parcel so we can switch it on or off? I like hearing the birds... not the neighbors 😳

And while we are at it, I would like to be able to flip a switch and have some fireflies on my parcel. :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The content packs are free for the getting in the older homes, so I'm not sure why these aren't other than maybe because of some of the other items included.  Maybe, at the least, LL could create a few Hubs around Bellisseria where the Texture packs are at least available to all.  Or if they want to keep all of the content packs only available to Premium accounts, they could maybe put a dispensary at one of the Premium only locations.  Then, at least my main Premium could go grab them all without having to actually claim a home of every type on my main account.

As to the Log Homes facing the water, pretty much all of the ones that I've ever encountered in RL are situated like LL did -- the home fronts face towards the road and the home backs face towards the water.  That way, visitors can easily approach your front door and your water-facing area is more private.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As to the Log Homes facing the water, pretty much all of the ones that I've ever encountered in RL are situated like LL did -- the home fronts face towards the road and the home backs face towards the water.  That way, visitors can easily approach your front door and your water-facing area is more private.

I don't want my SL to match RL. And if someone wants to visit me, I hope they can swim! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Belli is not just a collection of nice parcels, it is a community of nice neighborhoods.  If residents turn their house to face a blank side to the road, then from the passersby point of view, it doesn't look like a neighborhood at all.  The Grand View is carefully designed so that either of the two sides that face the 'road' look like an entrance to the home.

So if you want to be able to turn houses to any of 4 positions, each 90 degrees from the last, either all four sides of the house need to look acceptable from the street, or the parcel has to include an obvious path from the street to the front door, wherever it is facing. Otherwise, why are the moles bothering with neighborhood design at all?  Just plonk them down on parcels every which way, and don't provide any roads.

Is that the way the older Linden Homes were?

• Like 8

Also, the moles use an 'encroachment checker' device to be sure that landscaping and terrain fit the homes well enough.  Would that checker have to become MUCH more complex to check each possible orientation of each home?  I suspect that, if so, landscaping would be backed off from parcels (looking 'sparse'), and terrain would become more uniformly flat, to make checking easier.

Perhaps a mole will drop by this thread and let us know.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.