Name Frustrations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So..............I want to keep my last name, Valeska and change my first name officially to Velvet which I have used for years! Despite the fact that I'm willing to pay the nutty price of 39.99, I am told that Velvet Valeska is not available...............What the FECK nuts am I doing wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong.

When the old last name system was in effect, if someone had already picked a first name for themselves and paired it with that last name, the combination was "not available" to subsequent folks.  There must already be a "Velvet Valeska" in the system.

You could choose a different first name, or you could try a different last name from the list and see if "Velvet" is available for it.

Or, you could just stick with "Avalyn Valeska" and save yourself forty bucks.  I think it is an utterly beautiful name.

• Like 4

Awwww thank you and I did search for the name after I wasn't able to choose it. I really wanted to keep Valeska and officially change Avalyn to Velvet............no hate on Avalyn, but for various reasons I've gone by Velvet for years and was so excited that I would be able to have it officially (I should have known better lol) I have tried different spelling of Velvet and might go with Velvvet, but for $40 bleeping dollars it seems stupid to not get exactly what I want :o(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avalyn Valeska said:

So..............I want to keep my last name, Valeska and change my first name officially to Velvet which I have used for years! Despite the fact that I'm willing to pay the nutty price of 39.99, I am told that Velvet Valeska is not available...............What the FECK nuts am I doing wrong?

Woah woah woahhhh, 39.99?! ON TOP of the Premium Account upgrade?

Jesus Christ... I hate my username so much and was so excited to finally change it but at these prices? No way.. :(

• Haha 1

Ya know....if “Underground” became available as a last name..... “Velvet” would have a short life as an unclaimed first name. 

Heck, I’m not inworld right now due to worky, it might already be.

If not....I’m just waiting for my chance to become Velvet Underground 🙂

((You chronologically-early  Residents - like me - probably get the reference))

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Velveeta Veleska?  Nah...that's too cheesy.

Not as cheesy as a friend of mine. Her name is Zola. She's a gorgon (you know, with snake-hair). Her display name is "The Gorgon, Zola".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.