help choosing a female AO

pippin1957

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually, the simple AOs coming with the starter avatars aren't that shabby for the first steps inworld. You'll help a lot if you teach your friend to shop in a smart way, like trying demos and finding what she likes best.

Besides that, there are the usual suspects... Vista, Tuty's, Oracul, Sweet Lovely Cute...

Also look for gifts and extras for new avatars under 30 days old. There are still some lovely offers...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I'd also like to add Bodylanguage as a store to try, in addition to the before mentioned :)

Seconding this. The store is more on the expensive side but it's well deserved considering the quality.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 2:44 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

I have this AO for an alt https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SEmotion-Newbie-Girl-AO-HUD-v38-Your-first-fully-BENTO-hands-AO/13812393 it's a decent enough AO free in their inworld store if under 90 days

Love that they're giving it away for free. When I first joined SL, someone gave me 'Basically Girl AO.' Story behind it was, that someone had ripped off(/copybotted?) the author's work, and that she thereupon decided to now give away her AO for free, for ever. :) And the funny part is, is that it's still a VERY good AO.

42 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Love that they're giving it away for free. When I first joined SL, someone gave me 'Basically Girl AO.' Story behind it was, that someone had ripped off(/copybotted?) the author's work, and that she thereupon decided to now give away her AO for free, for ever. :) And the funny part is, is that it's still a VERY good AO.

i mention the story behind these AOs, as they weren't ripped or copybotted. It was a misunderstanding

the Basically Girl and Basically Boy AOs were created for a fund-raiser and given to a number of participating venues.  They were boxed by the creator in a way which allowed the fund-raising venue owners (receiving the box as copy + transfer) to put out the creator box as a vending machine. Which gave out the AOs inside as copy + no-transfer

what happened was that some of the fund-raising participants didn't understand this, and put the creator vendor box into their own branded vending machines for the fund-raiser, giving the creator's vendor copy + transfer to the people

so whenever we see a new person wearing a Basically AO then it was given to them by somebody who was inadvertently given the creator's vendor. The creator vendor box thru this inadvertent giving process, also ended up in quite a few freebie places as well

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i mention the story behind these AOs, as they weren't ripped or copybotted. It was a misunderstanding

the Basically Girl and Basically Boy AOs were created for a fund-raiser and given to a number of participating venues.  They were boxed by the creator in a way which allowed the fund-raising venue owners (receiving the box as copy + transfer) to put out the creator box as a vending machine. Which gave out the AOs inside as copy + no-transfer

what happened was that some of the fund-raising participants didn't understand this, and put the creator vendor box into their own branded vending machines for the fund-raiser, giving the creator's vendor copy + transfer to the people

so whenever we see a new person wearing a Basically AO then it was given to them by somebody who was inadvertently given the creator's vendor. The creator vendor box thru this inadvertent giving process, also ended up in quite a few freebie places as well

Thanks for the correction. I didn't know that. Now I feel guilty wearing one. :( I should go inworld, and send the creator some $LL (if they still exist inworld).

Just now, kiramanell said:

Thanks for the correction. I didn't know that. Now I feel guilty wearing one. :( I should go inworld, and send the creator some $LL (if they still exist inworld).

the AO is made by Oracul

if you wanted to recompense them, then just buy something else from them. All of the Oracul animations are sold individually for either 10 or 20 L$.  The L$20 ones are bento compatible. If you want then buy some animations and stick them in the Oracul AO that you have already

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, pippin1957 said:

I know this is an ambiguous question, but is there a 'best' female AO? I'm trying to set up a friend who's totally new to SL. 

The best AO'S are the ones you can demo.    As far as a best, no, it's all personal taste and hunting and demoing.  

There are names I agree with in this thread.  

If you want Bento, see if the demo says Bento or not though.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Newcomer island @ lawst paradise sim has two i really like. Neutral and no weird "smell your feet" animations or bunny hop running or uber sexy wrigglebut designed by someone who thinks women are ridiculous!

They have a bunch but the two i like best are called 'casual lady' and 'confident lady'. They also have some nice male and unisex ones. 

They are packaged in some of the ugly newbie 'complete' avatars. (Dont forget to vist the real old stuff on the boat. Some is cringy, but some is useful or just fun.

The pre packaged avatars are not much, but they have a number of solid AOs - i would urge her to pick up several different ones. There are other fun things for newbies on that sim, including a gallery on the sim. It is a pretty manageable space to negotiate.

Lawst paradise - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lawst Paradise /218/30/25

I have tried others but five years in Casual Lady is what I wear. manvi wears "shy man" or "calm man"

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

Newcomer island @ lawst paradise sim has two i really like. Neutral and no weird "smell your feet" animations or bunny hop running or uber sexy wrigglebut designed by someone who thinks women are ridiculous!

TOTALLY AGREE! It's been disappointing to see so many AOs and "physics" that turn an otherwise nice avatar into a bouncy 90s hip hop video. This baby don't got back, and don't want it either :-)

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I usually grab my normal animations from Body Language and my dances from Paragon.

For Body Language I will typically buy a pack, and then use only about 70% of it's animations, filling in the rest with individual animations bought from some of the other packs.

They've been around for a while but the main store is all bento and the pre-bento stuff is mostly off in discount areas. There's a wide range of styles from a casual to professional to genre themed to silly-bouncy so you can go in for getting a whole set of themes that all have the same high quality touch to them.

Paragon is a newer venue, rapidly filling up with dances motion captured somewhere in Europe, but with professional dancers who can do a pretty wide range of themes. The selection is a lot smaller than older brands - but it's also all 100% bento and made with hand motion in mind. I've pretty much boxed away every dance I owned older than 2019 as a result of finding them.

For the AO kit... I wrote my own script. Since I have yet to release it I recommend stuffing your animations into an AO that uses LlSetAnimationOverride.

- Most AOs sold do NOT use that 2013 method that doesn't break in no-script areas, but instead use the old ZHAO laggier method that does break in scripted areas...

Here are 3 LlSetAnimationOverride AOs to choose from since I'm still failing at releasing mine:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NirAO-Server-Side-Animation-Overrider/6310433

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ultra-Light-Animator/19539718

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DC-EvAO-Low-Lag-Animation-Override/6142590

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Bodylanguage Sweetlovelycute

has a free, full AO as their SL17B Shop & Hop gift. There are some very "busy" stands, but you can take them out. The walk is good too.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jubilant/165/93/53

It looks like a composite from many of their other AOs. I recognize several of them having bought AOs from that shop so many times across myself and my alts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.