Are you scared? : (

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Okay, look into it please.  But don't be advocating for the rich man, the very ones many people seem to hate, simply because Trump is involved.

This is how twisted this can really get.

Look at the dates from those who were sick.  There was a person from Wuhan, China in California in the Winter of 2019.  

I personally don't think the rich WHO people should be paid, not now and not ever.   Look into the EU too.  I never really liked the EU.  It's a horrible idea that has nearly bankrupted some countries - Greece, Italy, others.  

That's why the UK voted out of the EU

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Sadly, I'm not sure a new face in the oval office will do much good. I'm thinking unregulated capitalism has to implode in order to address the "underlying malaise", as you say, before real change can occur. Reading History, that's how all major changes happened.   The people rose up and demanded better, and it was bloody and generally awful.

It is bloody and generally awful right now but I don't know if Biden will lead us out as I don't know anything about his administration yet.  It may take 10-20 years to recover from A Great Depression, who knows.  

But, it's not just Biden either...it will be his whole team of advisers.  Hopefully, we get some good ones if he wins. 

But, all politics aside, this is a very dire situation with real suffering for those who haven't had health care even though they may have been exposed and sick from COVID-19 prior to the WHO declaring anything.  

As far as what happens with the WHO, I don't think it's in the people's hands anyways; the whole thing could be sort of moot.  

Edited by FairreLilette

38 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But I do want to see America come to its senses again, and embrace a politics of compassion and engagement, as it once at least tried to.

Wait. Wut? This happened? When? I never get the memos.

However true that quip may be, I know what you are saying, and even if we vote the Cheeto out, it'll take years to repair the damage he's done both at home and abroad. IF we vote him out. If we don't...  sigh. THAT scares me.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have faith: America has been, for all of its troubles and mistakes, a general force for good in the world. I think most Americans want it to be again.

I see you came here from an alternate reality similar to the one I was in until about five years ago. I would very much like to go back.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The withdrawal from WHO needs to be seen within this larger context. No one was surprised by this: the US administration has been complaining about WHO for years, and Covid-19 in some respects merely provides a convenient pretext for what was inevitably coming anyway.

The rest of the world -- all roughly 6.7 billion of us -- have become acutely aware of the US determination to essentially abandon its role, not merely as "World Policeman," but as active and engaged international partner, period. 

Why do you want all these rich bureaucrats anyways if I may politely ask?  Do you go on blind faith with bureaucrats or do you have evidence they provided something meaningful beyond birth control for Third World nations?  And, I'm asking nicely as I'd like to know.  

But, I don't see leaving people ill (myself and others) a convenience for the inevitable.  

This bureaucracy didn't do it's job in protecting others.  

The red tape here with the WHO needs to be cut through, imo, because their protocol is chaos and has put others in jeopardy.  

America needs to turn to it's constitution to protect the rights of the individuals here not these rich bozos.   

We cannot jeopardize our health to provide birth control to Third World countries.   American lives are meaningful too.  And, I am pro choice but my health comes first.  Five months sick.  Five months sick.  I think I'll write a song called "Five Months Sick" but it may change to six months pretty soon.  I've had no medical treatment period.  

Edited by FairreLilette

40 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

We cannot jeopardize our health to provide birth control to Third World countries.   American lives are meaningful too.  And, I am pro choice but my health comes first.  Five months sick.  Five months sick.  I think I'll write a song called "Five Months Sick" but it may change to six months pretty soon.  I've had no medical treatment period.  

Do us all a favor and read that out loud to yourself and see if you think it sounds sane. I think I can assure you no one reading it does.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

The red tape here with the WHO needs to be cut through, imo, because their protocol is chaos and has put others in jeopardy.  

For the love of...

Scylla said it correctly and simply in two sentences on page 21. What word do you not understand in the sentences?

"WHO is an agency of the United Nations, not of the European Union. The US is not, and never has, been on the hook for "EU stuff," in general or in specific terms."

Be for them, be against them, but ffs, this isn't a difficult concept ^^^.

There is no red tape here for Americans with the World Health Organization.

The forum software sucks. Once again it showed me posts that shouldn't be shown and this is just too annoying not to respond, which no doubt is the point.

slow-jamming-the-news.gif

tumblr_msm865PMde1sep073o1_500.gif

Edited by Gatogateau
for the I Don't Like Them T.S. gif because I can
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Why do you want all these rich bureaucrats anyways if I may politely ask?  Do you go on blind faith with bureaucrats or do you have evidence they provided something meaningful beyond birth control for Third World nations?  And, I'm asking nicely as I'd like to know.  

The world needs to work together in many areas, and even more so with health issues. We have to be able to see what's going on everywhere to better combat a pandemic, and all the world pays into the WHO.  Nobody really knows for sure at this point if they are partially at fault. My guess is that both the WHO and Trump are to blame.  Here's a list of what the WHO does:

The World Health Organization (WHO) - Purposes

WHO's main functions can be summed up as follows: to act as a directing and coordinating authority on international health work, to ensure valid and productive technical cooperation, and to promote research.

The objective of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health. Health, as defined in the WHO Constitution, is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. In support of its main objective, the organization has a wide range of functions, including the following:

• To act as the directing and coordinating authority on international health work;
  • To promote technical cooperation;
  • To assist Governments, upon request, in strengthening health services;
  • To furnish appropriate technical assistance and, in emergencies, necessary aid, upon the request or acceptance of Governments;
  • To stimulate and advance work on the prevention and control of epidemic, endemic, and other diseases;
  • To promote, in cooperation with other specialized agencies where necessary, the improvement of nutrition, housing, sanitation, recreation, economic or working conditions, and other aspects of environmental hygiene;
  • To promote and coordinate biomedical and health services research;
  • To promote improved standards of teaching and training in the health, medical and related professions;
  • To establish and stimulate the establishment of international standards for biological, pharmaceutical, and similar products, and to standardize diagnostic procedures;
  • To foster activities in the field of mental health, especially those activities affecting the harmony of human relations.

WHO also proposes conventions, agreements, and regulations and makes recommendations about international nomenclature of diseases, causes of death, and public health practices. It develops, establishes, and promotes international standards concerning foods and biological, pharmaceutical, and similar substances.

https://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/United-Nations-Related-Agencies/The-World-Health-Organization-WHO-PURPOSES.html

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The world needs to work together in many areas, and even more so with health issues. We have to be able to see what's going on everywhere to better combat a pandemic, and all the world pays into the WHO.  Nobody really knows for sure at this point if they are partially at fault. My guess is that both the WHO and Trump are to blame.  Here's a list of what the WHO does:

Yes, but lies and cover ups.  It's not just the WHO and Trump, Luna.  It's China too.  

Another question I was wondering, if China and the WHO screw up so badly because of panic?   Yet this is the World Health Organization, would they really panic?  

All I know is excessive red tape and protocol could cost lives.  I think the WHO should have some advice for doctors on how to treat those who are highly suspected now of having COVID-19 but aren't better and have had no treatment for months, months, months, months, months.  I mean what are they doing?  What are they thinking?  Bureaucracy's can be considered a hindrance because of their red tape.   Raises hand; I'm one of those people that's in the highly suspected area of having COVID-19 in January of 2020 due to a person from Wuhan, China being in California in the Winter of 2019 and I feel my whole health care system has been held hostage to the WHO.   But, sometimes I think rich bureaucrats mean more to people and liberal causes than the actual taxpayers who pay that bill who are nothing.  

I don't know how much of a hindrance with my local doctors nor Dr. Fauci's ability to treat their patients by keeping doctors almost hostage for a wave of deaths into hospitals that never even arrived rests upon the WHO.   I hear stories of many E.R.'s staying empty.  

But, I just don't see how we can cooperate and work together when so many countries are keeping secrets. 

I think we'd all be better off having our own CDC's and consulting together.  With the internet, that's so easy now.  I think this WHO has seen it's day.  Just my opinion anyway.  With the internet, I think we, as countries, can find less costly ways of helping others and consulting.  

But, thanks for sharing that info.  

Edited by FairreLilette

8 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I only hope you are as motivated to vote as you are to go to a doctor.

Yes!  Yes I am motivated.  If the U.S. loses there will be no Doctors available. It will be just like Venezuela, North Korea, Cuba, et al.

Be afraid.  That's what our Democratic Governors are saying: 'be afraid'.

Edited by Storm Clarence
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I only hope you are as motivated to vote as you are to go to a doctor.

My only vote right now is for Dr. Fauci to be able to take the lead.  If I could get an I Stand With Fauci pin and wear it, I would.

But, voting for what?  I've never voted straight Democrat ever anyways in that I don't vote for all things.  As far as a president, I am not in The Electoral College, so my vote cannot elect nor count towards electing a president.

As to how I vote, it's a private matter.  That is why we cannot see a show of hands from The Electoral College as to whom they elected President.  

44 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, but lies and cover ups.  It's not just the WHO and Trump, Luna.  It's China too.  

Another question I was wondering, if China and the WHO screw up so badly because of panic?   Yet this is the World Health Organization, would they really panic?  

All I know is excessive red tape and protocol could cost lives.  I think the WHO should have some advice for doctors on how to treat those who are highly suspected now of having COVID-19 but aren't better and have had no treatment for months, months, months, months, months.  I mean what are they doing?  What are they thinking?  Bureaucracy's can be considered a hindrance because of their red tape.   Raises hand; I'm one of those people that's in the highly suspected area of having COVID-19 in January of 2020 due to a person from Wuhan, China being in California in the Winter of 2019 and I feel my whole health care system has been held hostage to the WHO.   But, sometimes I think rich bureaucrats mean more to people and liberal causes than the actual taxpayers who pay that bill who are nothing.  

I don't know how much of a hindrance with my local doctors nor Dr. Fauci's ability to treat their patients by keeping doctors almost hostage for a wave of deaths into hospitals that never even arrived rests upon the WHO.   I hear stories of many E.R.'s staying empty.  

But, I just don't see how we can cooperate and work together when so many countries are keeping secrets. 

I think we'd all be better off having our own CDC's and consulting together.  With the internet, that's so easy now.  I think this WHO has seen it's day.  Just my opinion anyway.  With the internet, I think we, as countries, can find less costly ways of helping others and consulting.  

But, thanks for sharing that info.  

I read this one on purpose. The mind boggles. It has already been edited once so I just thought I'd preserve this form. Although since the topic is "Are you scared?" after reading this, I kinda am. If only we had our own CDC!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Do us all a favor and read that out loud to yourself and see if you think it sounds sane. I think I can assure you no one reading it does.

Having no medical treatment for five months is what's insane. 

But, I'll tell you how I felt when saying I've been sick for five months other than Kiramanell and Luna is that people care more about their liberal causes and politics than they do those who are actually paying for the causes in the first place.

The World Health Organization mostly supplies vaccines and birth control to Third World countries.  

Well, we've had the polio vaccine since at least the 1960's if not before here in America without my looking it up as to what specific date it was.  

But, yes, I did feel over-looked being sick here for five months and it's the WHO that is important and the precious WHO.  

No, they screwed up.  

I thought I may as well try singing it for someone to hear me other than Luna and Kiramanell.  

Edited by FairreLilette

17 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, I'll tell you how I felt when saying I've been sick for five months other than Kiramanell and Luna is that people care more about their liberal causes and politics than they do those who are actually paying for the causes in the first place.

The World Health Organization mostly supplies vaccines and birth control to Third World countries.  

Well, we've had the polio vaccine since at least the 1960's if not before here in America without my looking it up as to what specific date it was.  

But, yes, I did feel over-looked being sick here for five months and it's the WHO that is important and the precious WHO.  

No, they screwed up.  

I thought I may as well try singing it for someone to hear me other than Luna and Kiramanell.  

Edited 14 mins prior to this posting

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Get off your damn computer and go to the doctor. I have never blocked anyone on an internet forum before, but that's changing tonight. I don't know if you're serious and just out of your mind, or you're trolling. If you're serious, you have no business lollygagging around on internet forums instead of getting off your ass and going to a doctor. I refuse to help enable that behavior by engaging with you anymore. Go see a doctor now. If you're a troll, well, that should be self explanatory.

Until someone tells me you've either gone to a doctor on your own accord or a family member has forced you to go, goodbye.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
I realized I don't know how to block someone.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Get off your damn computer and go to the doctor. I have never blocked anyone on an internet forum before, but that's changing tonight. I don't know if you're serious and just out of your mind, or you're trolling. If you're serious, you have no business lollygagging around on internet forums instead of getting off your ass and going to a doctor. I refuse to help enable that behavior by engaging with you anymore. Go see a doctor now. If you're a troll, well, that should be self explanatory.

Until someone tells me you've either gone to a doctor on your own accord or a family member has forced you to go, goodbye.

I was going to tell Luna if I do go to the hospital today.   It's been difficult to swallow for two days because of mucus now in my throat I cannot clear.  If I go, I'm letting Luna know.  

Luna and I haven't even met inworld yet.  But, I do consider her a friend.  I'd like to let her know if I am going to brave the E.R. and send her an IM here on this message system.

Why am I waiting?  It cleared again.  Took about four hours with sipping a bit of orange juice mixed with water.   However, the mucus never cleared from my nose since January of 2020.  My doctor wants me to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor.  He's been telling me that for at least three months.  I said "How can I get there if they are closed".  He said "We'll get you there".  It never happened.  He never got me there nor anywhere.  

I also think it's getting time to call an attorney, I'm afraid.  But, I think it might be necessary because this is frankly insane.  And, I'm not a troll.  I was afraid to get coronavirus at an E.R.  I was thinking my doctor would come through for me.  I see my doctor on a conference call phone only now since coronavirus.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Edited 10 minutes ago by Lyssa Greymoon
I realized I don't know how to block someone.

Yeah, after 10 years on the SL Forum and never blocking anyone, I've had to start blocking a whole list. I hope your software works better than it does on my end. Half of the time when I hit refresh to see the page a bunch of new posts by people I've blocked show up (and once seen cannot be unseen). Refresh again and it is back to as it should.

Anyway, yeah... Go to the upper right of you page to where your name is and use the pull down. At the bottom of the pull down you see ignored users. Click that.
image.png.29a0b2cad7dd0b012526792384dbb22f.png
You'll get this window. Just type the name in and it'll start to auto fill. You'll get to decide what all you want blocked.
image.png.92798f39394930dac14d2b985677f9eb.png

Happy blocking!
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But I do want to see America come to its senses again, and embrace a politics of compassion and engagement, as it once at least tried to. I want to see it rediscover what Lincoln called the "angels of our better nature," rather than a politics built upon fear, hatred, and division.

And that requires a conscious choice by the American people, in November. Changing the face of the leadership without addressing the underlying malaise that put him in office is unlikely to do much good.

I have faith: America has been, for all of its troubles and mistakes, a general force for good in the world. I think most Americans want it to be again.

I don't see it happening, not in November, not within the next few elections. America has been digging themselves in a hole of foreign politics that's going to be very difficult to ascend from, it's going to take time and effort to regain the trust of the international community - Trump may be a symbol of that ignorant arrogance, but it's been going on for longer than that.

And has the good really outweighed the bad? 

According to some estimates, the death toll of America's 'world policing' and warmongering since the end of the second world war has surpassed the Holocaust. The war on terror alone had a third of a million civilian casualties of war.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

Americans want to be great again! 

I think a lot of us just want to be kind of randomly, oddly normal again. That's harder to put on a hat. Liberals (defined these days as anyone not a FOX watching, 4chan believing, right-wing nut job) get all the crappy slogans...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I don't see it happening, not in November, not within the next few elections. America has been digging themselves in a hole of foreign politics that's going to be very difficult to ascend from, it's going to take time and effort to regain the trust of the international community - Trump may be a symbol of that ignorant arrogance, but it's been going on for longer than that.

And has the good really outweighed the bad? 

According to some estimates, the death toll of America's 'world policing' and warmongering since the end of the second world war has surpassed the Holocaust. The war on terror alone had a third of a million civilian casualties of war.

Can't really disagree with a lot of this, especially the first paragraph. The last one is trickier. I hate that we get pulled into world policing, and every administration has done that, often at the behest of our allies. Without getting into it too deeply, because it isn't on topic and because I'm not a scholar on the subject just an average Josephine, we're often rather damned if we do damned if we don't in a lot of the situations. Again, we often are "in it" with allies. And then there is the pesky details of "yes, these people were killed but because they were, this-many were saved."

Edited by Gatogateau
typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.