Are you scared? : (

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I am scared. I need to go to the hospital, else I might die, albeit slowly. However, since last saturday, up to ten people are now allowed to meet again, and in general, people in this town do not adhere to the rules much. There's people without masks in full busses, people who cough into others (well, mine...) face, not even vovering their damn mouths.. 
So.. I was reluctant to go to the hospital, hoping that I can hold it off just  a little longer, that numbers will keep dropping...
They've drastically risen since Saturday, surprise, surprise.

Due to a medical precondition, I am considered at risk. 
All my life, medical professionals never took good care of me, some have been outright neglectant. 
I am so very afraid that I will not survive this, I really don't know what to do. I tried to push the hospital stay back, but my condition gets worse as well. It does feel like chosing where and how I want to die.
I am sorry if that sounds hysterical or whatnot, but I am a very unlucky person, always have been - life loves to throw lemons at my face in full force.

• Sad 9

33 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Yes, I am scared. I need to go to the hospital, else I might die, albeit slowly. However, since last saturday, up to ten people are now allowed to meet again, and in general, people in this town do not adhere to the rules much. There's people without masks in full busses, people who cough into others (well, mine...) face, not even vovering their damn mouths.. 
So.. I was reluctant to go to the hospital, hoping that I can hold it off just  a little longer, that numbers will keep dropping...
They've drastically risen since Saturday, surprise, surprise.

Due to a medical precondition, I am considered at risk. 
All my life, medical professionals never took good care of me, some have been outright neglectant. 
I am so very afraid that I will not survive this, I really don't know what to do. I tried to push the hospital stay back, but my condition gets worse as well. It does feel like chosing where and how I want to die.
I am sorry if that sounds hysterical or whatnot, but I am a very unlucky person, always have been - life loves to throw lemons at my face in full force.

Now would be a good time to gather all those lemons up and start chunking them back at life.  I know how scared you are. I had to have life saving surgery when I was 25. I made them put me all the way under before they ever wheeled me out of my room because I was on the verge of panicking. Which meant someone was going to get hurt because I would have been fighting my way out of there.

Time for the BigGirlPanties.gif.512ddf6742d7b0be7ac87c062b993075.gif.

You've got this. I have faith in you. Now start believing in yourself. You CAN do this and you WILL survive. Life needs you as much as you need it. glomp.gif.3c73da8a8820061278520b8634dc9689.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Sukubia Scarmon god, that sounds hard. I don't know where you are, but when I had to go to the hospital recently, I was impressed with how they were handling the covid thing. It truly made me feel safer than I had been freaking out about before I went.

I hope they take good care of you and you get what you need done. Past bad luck doesn't predict future events, and I know that's hard to remember, but it is true. I understand (as much as I can) your fear and worry, because it is understandable. But fear isn't truth, ya know?

hug.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sukubia, obviously the virus must be respected and taken seriously, and I am not trivialising it, but the majority of people who contract it do recover, and that's just those who even catch it. And again, not to trivialise anything you've been through, but you're still here so none of those past horrors have got you. 

My uncle has a number of medical conditions, he's shielding and is vulnerable, and has been going to hospital regularly. He is ill but he is as well as he can be and hasn't got the virus.

Hang in there and look after yourself. We have got your back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Search your hospitals Covid-19 safety policies and actions Sukubia?

"Through extensive organizational and structural measures, we have strictly separated the treatment areas for corona patients and suspected cases from the areas for other patients. Numerous other protective measures, which are closely monitored by our Institute for Infectious Diseases and Hospital Hygiene, ensure that you are safe with us."

At least there's that.

• Like 5

My best friends are all nurses and midwives.
We talk regularly about the procedures they are using to protect patients,
because I have always had hospital & Doctor O' Phobia.
(I did find a nice doctor eventually).

I was hoping the hospitals policies might instill some confidence in you attending. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

"Through extensive organizational and structural measures, we have strictly separated the treatment areas for corona patients and suspected cases from the areas for other patients. Numerous other protective measures, which are closely monitored by our Institute for Infectious Diseases and Hospital Hygiene, ensure that you are safe with us."

At least there's that.

This week is full of medical appointments for me. Though I expect I'd make it through a C19 infection, I'm doing my best to avoid one. I wear a mask, I have a tub of disinfectant wipes in my car and a baggie containing half a dozen in my purse. I push doors open with my feet when possible and push buttons with my car's key fob. My hospital has implemented safety precautions, as has yours. I'm concerned, but not to the point of worry. Worry itself is thought to be a risk factor.

Just three months ago, almost nobody knew how to avoid C19. Now we do. That's making all the difference in the world. I have reason to believe you'll get through this. You should too.

There are a lot of people in this forum who are pulling for you Sukubia.

I am five six of them. (Almost forgot HillaryHijinks!)

We'll throw a forum party when you're through this.

;-).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the support peeps, I appreciate it a lot!
I made an appointment for a pre-surgery checkup. They wanted to make it next week, but, well, that'd be too late, I'm afraid, so I'll go tomorrow - I'll have to wait a lot in that case, tho.

• Like 11

....and a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol! For when you or others cough or sneeze.
I try and visualise the cloud of pox ridden fumes and spray the equivalent area.
Attack attack attack!
The alcohol spray hasn't affected or stained any plastics or other surfaces that I've noticed.

Its also great for door handles, windows etc.
Other people don't mind seeing this as you're attempting to protect everyone not just yourself.

Some medical conditions could be sensitive to this though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd rather just burn some sage. Smells better, too.

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-benefits-of-burning-sage-4685244

Some of the purported benefits of burning sage include the following.

• Removing bacteria from the air
  • Repelling insects
  • Improving intuition
  • Purifying specific objects
  • Improving mood and reducing stress and anxiety

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Thanks for all the support peeps, I appreciate it a lot!
I made an appointment for a pre-surgery checkup. They wanted to make it next week, but, well, that'd be too late, I'm afraid, so I'll go tomorrow - I'll have to wait a lot in that case, tho.

Frakkin heck, Suku! You have all my energy AND my cake! You need anything, ANYTHING, reach out to me. We're practically twins, you fight, fight! There's so many more Octobers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Better start baking that cake because i just woke up from surgery! I will propably be home again in a few hours. 

That was a lot faster than i would have expected. 

YAY!! *does the Happy Snoopy dance for you*

dancer.gif.59f3415cdd2117a8d50400dd517ffaac.gif

cheer.gif.37f05323a7a936778d90cd0fed0aa35f.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Better start baking that cake because i just woke up from surgery! I will propably be home again in a few hours. 

That was a lot faster than i would have expected. 

We told you so!!!!!!!

That's truly wonderful news and I'm dancing with everyone else!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And I am back! Scare'o'meter is down to 1 again (Since I can avoid Covid by staying at home all day)

So yeah, this is how it went: I went there, had to wait approx 30 minutes (so, very shot wait in my book) and explained that while I had an appointment next wednesday, I'm afraid is was more pressing. They made their checkup, took a blood sample, and told me to wait - if it's truly this bad, they will propably make that surgery asap. Guess it was that bad, since I got wheeled into the surgery room in no time. Seriously, I didn't even really have time to tell my boyfriend, lol. I went under - I actually enjoy that, lol, woke up half an out later (It's a really minor surgery actually) and was up and running again in no time. I've always been like this, my body recovers from that super quick and well. 
They're been super nice to me, very competent, explained everything to me, didn't neglect me in any way.
The hospital itself puts up a lot of visible and invisible measurements to prevent a spread of corona - seeing that really did put me at ease.
So yeah, glad I went, glad I have it done and am now not in danger of slowly dying.
Now I want cake. Cake me, my lovelies.

And again, I cannot thank everyone enough for all the kind words and encouragement and words of support when I needed it the most!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

And I am back! Scare'o'meter is down to 1 again (Since I can avoid Covid by staying at home all day)

So yeah, this is how it went: I went there, had to wait approx 30 minutes (so, very shot wait in my book) and explained that while I had an appointment next wednesday, I'm afraid is was more pressing. They made their checkup, took a blood sample, and told me to wait - if it's truly this bad, they will propably make that surgery asap. Guess it was that bad, since I got wheeled into the surgery room in no time. Seriously, I didn't even really have time to tell my boyfriend, lol. I went under - I actually enjoy that, lol, woke up half an out later (It's a really minor surgery actually) and was up and running again in no time. I've always been like this, my body recovers from that super quick and well. 
They're been super nice to me, very competent, explained everything to me, didn't neglect me in any way.
The hospital itself puts up a lot of visible and invisible measurements to prevent a spread of corona - seeing that really did put me at ease.
So yeah, glad I went, glad I have it done and am now not in danger of slowly dying.
Now I want cake. Cake me, my lovelies.

And again, I cannot thank everyone enough for all the kind words and encouragement and words of support when I needed it the most!

grouphug.gif.d29af74743d00afa72b91768d19ce9a6.gif

iconps45_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

OMG just checking in to forums before leaving for campuses and this. Congratulations Sukubia!.
To read this on my RL birthday \0/ is pure bliss indeed.
This is the best forum result ever! ❤️

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

OMG just checking in to forums before leaving for campuses and this. Congratulations Sukubia!.
To read this on my RL birthday \0/ is pure bliss indeed.
This is the best forum result ever! ❤️

In that case: Happy Birthday! Let's share @Selene Gregoire delicious looking cake! :D
(Ya'll might also get a piece! Even Clover! *ducks* )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I'm scared.  A report just out from Britain says COVID-19 could last for months.   What if a wave, a large wave, happens to those who have been out protesting?  I'm scared.  I think it's time to get prepared.  Get soaps, first aid, dental care, etc if you can and perhaps get ready to hunker down for a while if it happens.   EDIT:  The forum software is bleeping part of a word that rhymes with sick but starts with a p...such as when stuck with a needle.  It's bleeping it.  Sorry about that.  

Hours after British Prime Minister Boris Johnson instated stringent social-distancing measures to halt the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, LeClerc, a Glasgow-based journalist, arrived home feeling shivery and flushed. Over the next few days, she developed a cough, chest pain, aching joints, and a *****ling sensation on her skin. After a week of bed rest, she started improving. But on day 12, every old symptom returned, amplified and with reinforcements: She spiked an intermittent fever, lost her sense of taste and smell, and struggled to breathe.

When I spoke with LeClerc on day 66, she was still experiencing waves of symptoms. “Before this, I was a fit, healthy 32-year-old,” she said. “Now I’ve been reduced to not being able to stand up in the shower without feeling fatigued. I’ve tried going to the supermarket and I’m in bed for days afterwards. It’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced before.” Despite her best efforts, LeClerc has not been able to get a test, but “every doctor I’ve spoken to says there’s no shadow of a doubt that this has been COVID,” she said. Today is day 80.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/thousands-who-got-covid-19-in-march-are-still-sick/ar-BB152oAQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.