Thinking out loud

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LeLutka's new Evolution head is supposed to be available this weekend.  It's a nice look.

LeLUTKA-Lake.jpg.8b72c038693b6e72e94132289c4f1d27.jpg

I'm thinking of getting it for an alt.  Now which one?  OK, let's meet the alts:  Maybie and Jo.

20200310_005.thumb.jpg.7e30c402560576d22ac14546504128b1.jpg  20200310_006.thumb.jpg.f95b15dc993901ca77691f0d86e0cae5.jpg

Maybie's purpose lately is to wear the cute outfits that I find but are too cute for Rhonda.  She is a little too petite and is going to get a body makeover so her body fits her feet. 

Jo has little purpose other than running the store.  She rarely logs on much less goes anywhere.  She is almost a blank slate ready for a purpose.

If I gave the update to Jo, she would need to actually dress up and go out some which means Maybie would be shifted to the back burner.  I'm not sure I want to do that.  Besides, as I look now with everything thing all together ... I like the Lake face and think it fits with what I want Maybie to be.

OK.  Jo goes back in the box.  Maybie gets the new head (she's BOM already anyway) and a new shape she was going to get anyway.

Alrighty then.  Let's see how well this works out.

• Like 8

Yay for Maybie! *lol*

Now you've decided on purchasing the head the next question is probably going to be what skin will she wear?

If you're happy to run with the default that ships with the head then no problem. If you want more variety they're slowly trickling out, but depends on what detail or style you want for Maybie too. Glam Affair might be your best choice as their skins are typically younger and prettier. Deetalez so far only has one skin for the Lelutka Evo. The Skinnery has a couple now, and there's a collection on the MP but since it's still relatively new there's not a great deal out for it as there are the others. Nice make up is starting to come out too (Slack Girl and Ottile are my go-to's) though having BOM enabled means there's more options, especially if you go to Izzie's to get the old system correctors for System > BOM.

Personally I like the look of the new one from what I've seen. It looks a little "older" to me than the others (which is subjective of course). I have both the Erin and the Nova (because I couldn't decide) and while there appear to be subtle differences between the two I'm curious as to how the actual model translates in terms of in world appearance.

374448893_erinvnova.thumb.png.7cd69a4ce199fbb7cf60382a71acd30b.png

Erin - Left, Nova - Right.

I've always found Lelutka the best mesh heads for me though if I had one criticism it would be to have more variety in terms of teeth, the default ones even with gaps just seem so... horse like?  That and the lack of big skin creators supporting Genus; I still don't get that. I tried Genus for ages and hate it more than I did Catwa (with their often confusing multi-hud systems). At least the LeL doesn't need the mood injectors (and added cost) as needed with the older generation of mesh heads (those pre LeL). 

If you're looking for someone to tell you that you should buy the Lelutka head then I'll happily say go for it (because I will likely buy it too and that'd just make me a hypocrite otherwise)! XD

• Like 2

Maybie is as cute as a basket of kittens already. I just don't see that new head making a lot of difference to her cute score.

I reckon Jo should get the upgrade, or wait a minute......

What about a new alt???😜

Speaking with some experience in this matter, there's no need to back burner any of them. It's more like choosing a pair of panties for the day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It will be hard to part with Simone, so I am waiting until I find a head I really, really like.

I know!  I wore Simone since it was released.  I tried a few others but always went back to Simone.  Until I tried Nova.  It is as versatile as Simone but does not require the special mapping.  I will say if you are not wanting a BOM head then the newer heads are not going to be for you, but for me it is perfect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Maybie is as cute as a basket of kittens already.

I know and I'm really worried about messing her up.

If the head were available I would have already impules bought it.  This having time to plan is the pits!  I don't plan well because then I over think everything

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I know and I'm really worried about messing her up.

If the head were available I would have already impules bought it.  This having time to plan is the pits!  I don't plan well because then I over think everything

But you can’t mess her up. I am sure you have outfits saved, as long as you keep a copy of he current shape and all her parts you can go right back. So you can experiment and go wild!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Now you've decided on purchasing the head the next question is probably going to be what skin will she wear?

Maybie is currently in Session skin so I may lean that way.  If only there were an event that showcased a lot of different skins at the same time ... :D

Actually I thought this would be a good chance to look at places I often pass up.

• Like 1

I get very attached to my head......😊

So what happens then is I get this master plan to try a different brand head on a new alt.

Every time I end up with Genus. I tried LAQ, Lelutka....I used Simone for a while...and Catwa for my latest alt. So I've messed with the huds, and I do like the Catwa hud best, but somehow the Genus look is me.

My fifth alt was supposed to be for playing with BoM. It didn't happen. I suspect that when and if I try BoM it will be alt number six, but not anytime soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

374448893_erinvnova.thumb.png.7cd69a4ce199fbb7cf60382a71acd30b.png

Is it just me or is there just not enough "meat" to the left (her left) nostril? Most people's nostrils are symmetrical.

This is why I will never own a LeLutka head. All of them have that asymmetrical nostril and it bugs the crap out of me because to me, it stands out quite glaringly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Is it just me or is there just not enough "meat" to the left (her left) nostril? Most people's nostrils are symmetrical.

This is why I will never own a LeLutka head. All of them have that asymmetrical nostril and it bugs the crap out of me because to me, it stands out quite glaringly.

Great, now I'll never be able to unsee it.

• Like 1

Seren has been Maitreya & Catwa for 2 years now; I tried demo of Genus with demo of shape and it just felt so wrong and went back to how I am though did change skins in last few weeks and got new ears which I show in blog entry that shows them well at some point however Jo is looking super adorable.

I admire everyone's creativity with their avatars as you could all give us a shape for same head, a budget of 2-3K for a skin and makeup; you would get so many different looks because we would all style differently.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.