What are you listening to?

A very long time ago I saw a tv item on Concorde, with a rear shot of it taking off to the beginning of this track, and I just thought how beautiful and powerful the aircraft was.

If you don't remember Concorde, here she is to Coldplay's 'Speed of Sound', and darn it I have tears in my eyes.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

A very long time ago I saw a tv item on Concorde, with a rear shot of it taking off to the beginning of this track, and I just thought how beautiful and powerful the aircraft was.

If you don't remember Concorde, here she is to Coldplay's 'Speed of Sound', and darn it I have tears in my eyes.

Dad was a WWII Corsair pilot. Our neighbor was a WWII ME-109 pilot. I watched the two of them at a local airshow years ago, quietly tracing their fingers along the smooth curves of a vintage Corsair. There were no tears, but they were close. Neither of them liked to talk about the war, but Dad did once tell me that the Corsair was a very special girl who'd brought him home, safe and sound, every damned time.

It's simply the laws of physics, but the bigger and more powerful we (and nature) make things, the more graceful and beautiful they become. I remain in awe of the things we are able to create, and our desire to create them.

• Like 2

I seen this yesterday on youtube and just think this song fits so well with the video..

Maybe it's her will to survive and the words to the song that make it so good together..but I think even though it's a movie about a shark attack,the scenery is beautiful and the editing to make it grow more and more exciting the more that gets thrown at her..

I don't know ,it just all felt really well meshed I guess..

• Like 2