The Linden Homes Photo Thread Comes ALIVE at the Home & Garden Expo for RFL!

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

(of course I've done nothing for mine yet, slowest decorator in SL)

All of my places are only partially decorated.  I start on some decorating and then decide I need to change something about an add-on, and that takes my time for a while.  Then over to the next location and rinse/repeat.  I do not have a single one of my locations fully decorated yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All of my places are only partially decorated.  I start on some decorating and then decide I need to change something about an add-on, and that takes my time for a while.  Then over to the next location and rinse/repeat.  I do not have a single one of my locations fully decorated yet.

Thank you for sharing that!  For me, camming around the neighborhoods is kinda hazardous.I see something that would be great in a build, and go disrupt a place I just about had done.  Or I go looking for something somebody used, and end up spending an hour combing the universe for it.

Speaking of camming, if I have time today I'll zip in and cam around to see if I can find a terrific build for the ones you're missing, Nikki.  I'll send the person a compliment and let them know about the expo.  Wish I could remember where that wonderful campy hotel camper is, you know, the one with the big sign?  IIRC, it's one of the smaller models.

Edited by Nika Talaj

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

Thank you for sharing that!  For me, camming around the neighborhoods is kinda hazardous.I see something that would be great in a build, and go disrupt a place I just about had done.  Or I go looking for something somebody used, and end up spending an hour combing the universe for it.

Speaking of camming, if I have time today I'll zip in and cam around to see if I can find a terrific build for the ones you're missing, Nikki.  I'll send the person a compliment and let them know about the expo.  Wish I could remember where that wonderful campy hotel camper is, you know, the one with the big sign?  IIRC, it's one of the smaller models.

Thank you again, Nika.  I need to keep you during all of Relay For Life season.  lol  You're awesome!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me is glad to see that Coby saw this thread. and hopefully will be participating, with one of those joyful builds you do!

Thank you 🙂. Unfortunately I don't have enough time available to participate now.
Sometimes I'm also very slow decorator, It might take days and days tweaking things before I'm satisfied with the looks.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know if you got the Shenandoah filled already, but paging  @Evangeline Ling !  Such a wonderful camper.

I found this by searching for the word "motel", duh!  Love this build!

Of course, free for anyone to use, and incredibly appropriate for Valentine's weekend 🧡

LOL That was my neighbor for the longest time. it IS an excellent build. A shame that more people never visit it.

UPDATE:

I've sent out landmarks and info (inworld) to all those who have signed up.  We were gifted with extra spots today, so we do have some still open, if you want to do another one.

3 houseboats - 1 Windlass and 2 - style of your choice

4 campers - Sun Valley, Sequoia, Laramie, The Newport

2 Traditionals - style of your choice - EDIT

2 Victorians - style of your choice - EDIT

Edited by Nikki Mathieson
Edited to say.. WE'RE ALMOST THERE! lol woohoooo

4 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

UPDATE:

I've sent out landmarks and info (inworld) to all those who have signed up.  We were gifted with extra spots today, so we do have some still open, if you want to do another one.

4 campers - Sun Valley, Sequoia, Laramie, The Newport

2 Traditionals - style of your choice

2 Victorians - style of your choice - EDIT

I can take a boat or a Traditional. PM me here or inworld if you need one. Preferably Adams or the Windlass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

UPDATE:

I might be interested in doing a houseboat (the Wallower)! Are the parcels square or rectangular?

27 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah rectangular made it extremely difficult... O.o

But those are the more common ones in-world so makes sense for a showcase.

Will there be an official 'info kiosk' to place in the build or should I just rez a prim with a sign saying "click for style card / etc" ;)

Yes, there will be an official info kiosk and everyone can create their style card for the kiosk.  You will be able to slip the notecard right into the sign/kiosk.  

Maybe I can help with the style cards.

Long ago and far away, my partner bought me this tool

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-SIM-Object-Scanner-Pro-BOXED/2428734

It has paid for itself over and over again, as we've moved from here to there.

If you like and if I can have build perms, I can run this for anyone who wants; you'd have to edit the spreadsheet down but it might be a shortcut to a style card.  (for a single parcel, takes less than 2 minutes.  For a whole region, less than 10 minutes).

It can be used to just scan a single parcel and produce a spreadsheet of every object in the parcel (or region),  its owner, its location, the LI and creator (no, not store).  I assume each home is on its own parcel?  Or, if you like, I can just do one scan of the entire region and everyone can sort the list by owner or whatever to get the info they want.  Of course, if you've linked a whole lot together, you'll only get one line for the entire linkset.

Another thing this tool lists is the item script count, which reminds me: it might help those who come to the expo if you removed unneeded (e.g. texture change, curtain closer, etc.) scripts after your build is done.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.