The Linden Homes Photo Thread Comes ALIVE at the Home & Garden Expo for RFL!

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now that my house is finished, I've been wandering around the place and admired all of your beautiful houses/boats & campers. Very well done, all of you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œ
I'm so happy that I took the chance to decorate alongside with you guys. Even if we "know" each other onlyย through the forum, it kinda feels like family in some weird way.ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย And since valentines day is right around the corner, I'm gonna spread the love by sending virtual hugs to everyone.ย ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

giphy.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

aww.. you guys, are making me choked and smile at the same time.ย  This.. couldn't have been any better and it hasn't even opened yet.ย  You are warming my heart and reminding me why I've made fighting cancer such a big part of my life, for a long time now.ย  It is such a privilege for me, to share this first time experience with all of you and I don't know that, 'Thank you' conveys, even close, to how much it's meant to me.ย  You're a fine representation of all that the Bellisseria community is, that's for sure and I'm proud to be just a tiny part of it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I picked up some stylecards from others, and wow. You write so clear and stuctured. My stylecards are a mess. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

In my Hardy house, I am giving away the tiled floor and walls in the bathroom. They are 1 Li together. The floor is a separate part, the walls is just one part. It is in a box I placed under this window. Of course it is mod and copy.

The green color is the default wall.

I made the walls in a few minutes, so it's not all that fancy. But it's a freebie, so.... And I don't look behind the curtains. ;)

And at the Windlass boat, I set out the free, full permissions Thor's Oak swim HUD by the entrance. Many does not know about this freebie.

bath wallssm.jpg

swim HUD.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Well, I managed to make it in for a final dust and polish on my offerings, and took a bit of time to peek into othersโ€™ places, and all I can say is WOW! Seeing photos on here is one thing, but discovering all the little details in world is something else. Well done one and all, and Iโ€™m only sorry I didnโ€™t find the time to stop and say hi to you all while we were there getting set up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My garden grows, because I linked more. I can then add - but the same I used, so the stylecard isn't too wrong. Now I can have daisies on the sides of the house too, not only the backyard. And the same set I used roses from in the backyard, I could use 4 in the front. I have not linked things like bed, chairs, sofa, tub etc. so it's possible to use the furniture, not just look at it. Well, I removed the scripts from a lot of them, but they are still not linked

I set out a gift of the ceilings too. The meshed one is 1 Li and one object. But it can be retextured. And it's a 6 Li prim one too that can be unlinked.

• Like 6

Right now, the regions "Bellisseria Demo" & "Bellisseria Demo 2" are open for anyone to TP in!ย ย  The map covers are still in place, but the regions are open to the public :)ย  Perhaps we should regard this as a private showing for those in the know, because the Home & Garden show that these regions are attached to is not open at this moment - cannot cross into those regions.ย 

There is no landing point set yet, but there is an obvious place for one in each region:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bellisseria Demo/128/128/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bellisseria Demo 2/131/128/23

The website for the show (https://slhomegardenexpo.com/) only has two posts relating to this year's show, the rest is either left over info from 2019 or blank.ย  The banner for 2019 has been taken down, and all that's left is a template banner.ย  The most recent post, a PrimPerfect call for presenters, makes reference to presentations starting on Sunday.ย  The other post is an announcement of show dates intended for participants, and does indeed state that the show will open today.ย  Many green dots are in the H&G areas, but it doesn't seem to be open yet, and no time is given on the website.

The show's facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HomeAndGardenExpoSL/) does not appear to have been updated since the 2019 expo.

There may be a rare SL ACSย  organizational stumble in progress, but you guys' show homes look terrific!ย ย  Each parcel has signage with style card etc., but so far I haven't seen any RFL donation kiosks.ย  But anyway, thanks to ACS for hosting this wonderful event!
ย 

ย 

p.s. The "Linden Reveal" region has been detached from the show and now resides slightly northeast on the grid.ย  On the map, it still looks like the Christmas Expo version.

ETA: Usually I would leave it to Nikki to announce this, but she isn't usually around until much later.ย  Expectations were set for today, so apologies Nikki if I've jumped the gun.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Actually - maybe by mistake? - I was able to TP in and look at all the homes without LAG and all on my little ownsome several hours ago at 4:30 am SLT in fact. Then I had some RL to do and hopped back in at 9:30 SLT. Have been taking photos ever since - 254 pictures up to now!! - I only saw the houses - Trads and Vics - and must say extremely well done!! Congratulations to all of you decorators!! :)

Now it is 10:40 SLT ... soon the mass invasion will start!ย  So I will wait till it dies down, have to make a RL trip from Friday till Monday ... and look at boats and campers after that! Just logged out. When I tried to logg back in I was "teleported to another region" - just like this morning - but then I opened the map and TP'ed directly to

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bellisseria Demo/127/48/23

And wush - I am back!! Seems to be some glitch or so. The early bird catches the worm! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well the two Bellisseria Demo - regions are down in the south. Then the middle several regions Expo. But then faaaar up in the north there is a path leading nowhere! THAT is where the big miracle is going to rise from the depth I assume and THAT#s where I logged out Leora ...

Expo02_284.thumb.jpg.b401f8445702273ea03077b1fd843df7.jpg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jellybeangirl101 said:

Patch said in group chat that the new homes would not be seen at the opening, But did say that they will come during the expo but didn't say what day. so I don't know

Ah, thanks. ย  Fwiw,ย  I have never seen anyone working in the"Linden Reveal" region, but early this morning there were 7 folks in SSP1001-1035, which is the most I've ever seen there.ย  Just a bit ago there were 5, and right now there's just 2.

ย 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well the two Bellisseria Demo - regions are down in the south. Then the middle several regions Expo. But then faaaar up in the north there is a path leading nowhere! THAT is where the big miracle is going to rise from the depth I assume and THAT#s where I logged out Leora ...

Expo02_284.thumb.jpg.b401f8445702273ea03077b1fd843df7.jpg

Love the excitement and anticipation!ย  Does that walkway look Metallic?ย  Your description + photo made me think of the Si-Fi TV series Star Gate Atlantis, where the Ancients built a Cityย ย that rose out of the water and was a city/space ship.

SG-A.JPG

• Like 4

I don't know how many of you have been able to be inworld at all today, but I zipped in for just a few minutes twice, and both times saw very complimentary things being said about the demo homes in Belli chat!ย  Landmarks are being requested, and style cards eagerly gobbled up :)

You should all be very proud!

I saw one person say she felt unworthy to own a Vic after going!ย  But I bet she picked up a few cards ....

*dances*

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just finished touring the homes everyoneย of you decorated,ย and all I can say is, "What a wonderful job you have done!"ย  Looking forward to seeing the new Linden home reveal and crossing my fingers that it is a mountain cabin or modernย along the lines of the Tahoe or Meadowbrook that I used as a second home for 8+ years.ย  Again, congratulations to all the decorators.ย  Fantastic job!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.