What Are You Binge Watching?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am juggle binging,  Boy Meets World (Disney+ you complete me) and catching up on some BlueBloods.

I Binged Season 3 of Ann with an E loved that show each and every season. 

Binged Soundtrack what an incredible idea that show was, not sure how or what Season two would be though.

I have Prime, Stan, Disney + and Netflix, I am sorted :)

• Like 1

I've been binge watching 'Blue Bloods'...

Which is very odd for me because it is definitely a 'right leaning' show and Tom Selleck is a right-leaning actor.

It's really well done... it kinda makes me miss conservatives of about a decade ago... I'm in the 2016 season right now, so the show has, for me, not yet caught up with current issues. It's very illuminating to see a conservative framing on issues I struggled with a few years back from a different narrative.

- I can see right there on my screen how each side narrow paints any given topic in such a light that it's own worldview won't come into question. I imagine if I did not have a degree in political science I would miss how this is a reverse parallel of the framing I was put through that in the end shows how both can be cast as doubtful narratives...

As for the show itself, the acting and stories are top notch. Probably why it was able to hook me despite the right-leaning framing.

I actually started watching because I was worried that Selleck, who I last saw in Magnum PI as a kid; had become some crazy right-winger running amok on TV... so I wanted to see how he presented himself. Instead he's the kind of right-winger I miss... the ones that seem like you could actually talk to them and if were willing to talk yourself, engage and get somewhere with each other towards a common goal... That at least is the character he's playing... but it also seems reflective of the actor.

- It drives home how polarized society has become... seeing that older version of the right and realizing that, as the right has moved from that point, so too has the left moved... and we're neither of us headed in a good direction.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I actually started watching because I was worried that Selleck, who I last saw in Magnum PI as a kid; had become some crazy right-winger running amok on TV...

Tom tip-toes right along the edge of crazy right-winger. He was on the board of the NRA for years before stepping down when it began to negatively affect his career (he has remained a member, though). He's one of those who voted neither for Hilary or Donald, and when directly questioned about issues, *****-foots his way around actually providing answers. 

And then there is the show's other star, Donnie, husband of the whackadoo anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy. 

I normally love police dramas but I won't touch Blue Bloods with a ten foot pole. 

• Like 1

I love the acting and story lines of Blue Bloods, but it was already in season 6 by the time I saw an episode and considered giving it a try.  However, so far I haven't made myself sit down and watch it all from the beginning.  Therefore, I typically only see episodes when I'm visiting my mom or she's visiting me. 

I watch shows totally depending on how the story grabs me and how good I feel the acting is.  I don't give a crap about the actors' political leanings.  If I did, I likely wouldn't watch anything because I tend to disagree with at least a bit of everyone's viewpoints.  The actors' political leanings only dictate whether or not I listen to anything they have to say outside of the shows/movies/etc...

11 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I can not wait until season 2 , this was great show.

I was doing some research on season 2..

They said we may get up to 8 seasons ,each season taking 18 months to make..so it may not be ready until fall..

I would post the video here,but there are so many spoilers in it that i would hate to wreck it for anyone..

I did find the whole uncut theme song though.. it's going on my play list for sure..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was doing some research on season 2..

They said we may get up to 8 seasons ,each season taking 18 months to make..so it may not be ready until fall..

I would post the video here,but there are so many spoilers in it that i would hate to wreck it for anyone..

I did find the whole uncut theme song though.. it's going on my play list for sure..

I loved the original version of this song too, now its a good reason to check out The Umbrella Academy..

Thanks too for your thoughtfulness (no spoiler). 

5 hours ago, CheriColette said:

I loved the original version of this song too, now its a good reason to check out The Umbrella Academy..

Thanks too for your thoughtfulness (no spoiler). 

I love the version the Bangles did of it also and thought the new version was such a perfect remake for Umbrella Academy..It made me love the show even more,and I also think they did the song justice..It is a really good remake..

It's really hard for me not to spoil it,but it's just so good that I couldn't forgive myself for doing that to anyone..hehehehe

there is another good series that I just can't remember the name of it,but it's  almost as good..

I'll have to see if I can find it..I'm hoping for another season from that oen also..

It'll come to me..Umbrella Academy Kind of overshadowed it and made me forget it's name..hehehehe

ETA: Found it..

It's The Gifted from Marvel..it's really good to..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

It drives home how polarized society has become... seeing that older version of the right and realizing that, as the right has moved from that point, so too has the left moved... and we're neither of us headed in a good direction.

*emphasis mine.

I typically stay as far away as possible from any political talk in SL or these forums. But this statement is so on target to what I think has happened in the past 10 to 15 years that I just had to quote it and say how much I agree with it.

• Like 2

I'll preface this by saying that I hardly ever watch TV any more.  However, very occasionally I do find myself binge watching something.

For example, when I discovered Firefly (after it had been canceled), I got all the episodes and watched them back to back.

I recently found a way to access one of my favorite shows from the 90s and watched the entire three seasons of Kim Possible over the course of a week or two.

I did the same with Futurama.

I'm trying to find enough time to dig into The Expanse...I adore the books and the couple of episodes I've watched so far are great.

And I often find myself browsing through YouTube.  When I find something I like, I'll binge on that channel for a bit.  Dry Bar Comedy has provided a lot of laughs lately.

But, on the whole, I find TV to be much less interesting since I discovered SL.  TV is passive, SL is participatory.

• Like 1

Loved Henry Cavill in The Tudors, love him now. My biggest issue with this series (at least this season); IT'S TOO DAMNED SHORT! While I wait for season two I may have to pick up the books. I haven't read them yet (I have a real issue reading things with names I can't pronounce; couldn't read LOTR for that reason) but I may have to make an exception for this (or at least have another crack at the games). Thoroughly recommend and may just have to watch it again!❤️

• Like 1

I am currently binge watching a series I found on youtube that ended over 6 years ago. It's called Time Team and is all about archaeology. It ran for 20 years so there is plenty for me to keep looking up. I didn't think I would be interested, but the people in it are so funny and enthusiastic about what they do. They always end up in a bar talking about stuff.

I just looked it up and there are 280 episodes... dang.

• Like 2

I came across this on youtube..It was really good to sit and listen to the events being told..

If you've seen The Ghost and the Darkness,that's what this is about..The Man-Eating Lions of Tsavo..

It's just amazing how Hollywood really didn't mess with the Original story very much at all..

If you haven't seen The Ghost and the Darkness and you do watch this video of the telling of the two Lions..I have a feeling you will be seeing The Ghost and the Darkness sometime soon..hehehe

This is the Trailer for the movie

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Loved Henry Cavill in The Tudors, love him now. My biggest issue with this series (at least this season); IT'S TOO DAMNED SHORT! While I wait for season two I may have to pick up the books. I haven't read them yet (I have a real issue reading things with names I can't pronounce; couldn't read LOTR for that reason) but I may have to make an exception for this (or at least have another crack at the games). Thoroughly recommend and may just have to watch it again!❤️

I liked it, but at times found it hard to follow.. Not unlike game of thrones.... so, cant wait till more.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.