Okay lets get all this out of the way..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I don't know for sure, but I have the impression that appearing to be a newby has worked in my favor. I can go explore places and ignore people and have them just think I am clueless rather than thinking I am an anti-social jerk, lol. Plus, I can go some places and observe and read profiles and not ever have anyone IM me. I feel pretty sure it is because I am so new because I look exactly the same and my profile is exactly the same other than not having some groups I used to have, and a couple picks I used to have. Does that make me a bad person? Honestly, it doesn't really matter, as I am already a bad person for so many other reasons that one or two more don't really make me any worse. :)

Using an off-the-rack avatar is good cover. 

Can I add a peeve? Major shopping events are full of floating body parts and folks who seem to be strutting around naked. Is there a way to determine whether an avatar is naked by choice or whether it is just my computer?

4 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Ewwww...

Yet another reason to consider 'British humour' an oxymoron... ;)

Well, to be honest, the Mighty Boosh really has a very unique sense of humor which appeals to a rather specific audience.
I tried to get into it, but although I have a rather bizarre sense of humor, it can't keep up with The Mighty Boosh's bizarreness.

Although... I really like this song, it definitely stands out in a good way!

• Haha 1

Just now, Rufferta said:

Is there a way to determine whether an avatar is naked by choice or whether it is just my computer?

The easiest way is to keep an eye on the specific avatar and wait to see if they rez or not. 
However, one can use a scripted item which can give you a list of what a certain avie is wearing, which is a more accurate but still not a fool-proof way to decide whether the avie is naked by choice or if your viewer simply did not yet receive all the data on what they are wearing.

Then again, my personal opinion is that if a user wishes to have a nude avatar, then more power to them. I will not stop them, not even if they enter a PG region in the buff. But again, that's just me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Major shopping events are full of floating body parts and folks who seem to be strutting around naked. 

Hmm. Dont know if want. Risk/reward analysis in process.

Edited by Amina Sopwith

9 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

The easiest way is to keep an eye on the specific avatar and wait to see if they rez or not. 

Yes! That's why I focus my cam on them! To see if they rez and whether they intend to be naked! Yes! That's exactly what I'm doing! Leave my crosshairs alone! I'm trying to preserve people's modesty!!!!

• Haha 2

On 1/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

and I'm still hanging out here as the only person worried that their avatar might get possessed and go Annabelle on them, huh?

Omg, this is funny, though I know it’s not really meant to be. I never thought about it before but when I did, it’s inconceivable...which made me smile about how much ‘she’ is ‘me’, like looking in a mirror. My avatar catches my eye often enough in photos...I don’t usually freeze things or turn off the AO for photos at all...so she -has- just turned and looked at me, quite often. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:
On 1/1/2020 at 11:52 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

. . .and I'm still hanging out here as the only person worried that their avatar might get possessed and go Annabelle on them, huh?

Omg, this is funny, though I know it’s not really meant to be. 

It's funny to me, too, but it also reminds me: Aside from border crossings and extreme lag, it's kind of impressive how consistently the viewer and the sim agree about where the avatar is, where it's looking, and which direction it's moving. Of course they're chattering about that all the time -- it's like the default "topic" about which they exchange information -- but I can easily imagine things going wrong with this -- as they often do when crossing sim borders. It would truly suck if that happened frequently during basic avatar navigation. I imagine it being like the first thing to be debugged back at the very beginning. (And of course it would be wonderful if it happened less often when crossing between regions.)

9 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:
On 1/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

1. SL is/not a game..discuss

Why is this important?

It’s not, which is why it’s good to just get it out of the way?
BTW, I really enjoy your games! Thank you for making them. 🎲🧩

On 1/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, Qie Niangao said:

It's funny to me, too, but it also reminds me: Aside from border crossings and extreme lag, it's kind of impressive how consistently the viewer and the sim agree about where the avatar is, where it's looking, and which direction it's moving. Of course they're chattering about that all the time -- it's like the default "topic" about which they exchange information -- but I can easily imagine things going wrong with this -- as they often do when crossing sim borders. It would truly suck if that happened frequently during basic avatar navigation. I imagine it being like the first thing to be debugged back at the very beginning. (And of course it would be wonderful if it happened less often when crossing between regions.)

It was bad enough during 06/07 when I first joined. These days it’s not so bad at all, I seldom ever experience what I call “wandering avatar syndrome” where you cross a sim and then continue moving across the sim, off the sim and journey into the no space outside of the sim 😅

• Like 1

Just like RL. It is a game. A GAME OF SOULS!!! BWHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I am actually serious though.

2. Where are name changes?
I don't even understand what is going on here. I've always had the same name.

3. SL is dying because *insert reasons here*...discuss
SL will only die when Sansar dies and LL moves the Sansar dev team to SL. They will be so upset about it, they will wish for SL's destruction. (I suspect they already do.)

4. Reasons why LL are the best/worst...discuss
LL is the best because they put up with more reverse compatibility issues than MSFT.

5. These fees are not fair...discuss
The fees are always fair. If people weren't paying them, LL would lower their prices or give up and fairness wouldn't matter anymore.

6. Premium costs too much and I'm going to rage because I feel that as I once paid $9 dollars, 5 years ago, that I am entitled to ownership of the grid...discuss
Refer to #5

7. Help im being stalked, somehow *insert person* knows where I am at all times.
This would be incredibly interesting, for them.

8. SL is dying / will die / will SL die?
Refer to #3

9. Whatever else you feel you want to get off your chest before we begin 2020 properly
We already started 2020. Guess I am late to the "game" as usual.

On 1/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Okay its a whole new year. Let's get this all out of the way now so we can have a quiet, peaceful, enjoyable 2020.

2. Where are name changes?

3. SL is dying because *insert reasons here*...discuss

4. Reasons why LL are the best/worst...discuss

5. These fees are not fair...discuss

6. Premium costs too much and I'm going to rage because I feel that as I once paid $9 dollars, 5 years ago, that I am entitled to ownership of the grid...discuss

7. Help im being stalked, somehow *insert person* knows where I am at all times

8. SL is dying / will die / will SL die?

9. Whatever else you feel you want to get off your chest before we begin 2020 properly

This is not a serious thread

I still belong to another virtual world.  I too have heard that the other v. world I belong to is dying.  Looking at the  number of ppl on the other world each night, I can only conclude it is dying.  Use to be close to 2 k every night, now is does good if it reaches 800 a night.  I  have been a member of SL  for a long time now, but just recently started taking a new interest in it.

Before I did not like it  for many reasons, so I stayed on the other world.  Now here I am again, on SL and finding it a lot more fun than it once was.  So many things here to do and see. Can go to a different area and experience each night, or stay happily in your NEW linden home.  Yes, I do love the new and improved lindens home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's all the same.

People might think they know someone in RL cos they see expressions, how they look how they say stuff... the vanilla...

In SL we know better.

Or do we?

People are gunna be awfully surprised to know I'm not a duck.

*ribbit*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.