How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@LittleMe Jewell ugh, headaches are The Worst. Well, if not THE worst, they are pretty effing bad. I rarely get them (thank gawd) but when I do I would gladly exchange them for the pain of my knee sliding out of joint for a while. Maybe it is the pain you know? Hmmm :::ponder::::   Hope yours decides to vacate and soon. (I was going to make a joke about "before you go barking mad but figured it would be inappropriate.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sound of rushing water down a river is one of the very few sounds that I find soothing.  Many years ago I lived by a creek and I'd often go sit by it and read for hours on end.  These days, I'll sometimes play a sound stream, but it just isn't the same.

Side note -- Nobody can see those hand slaps on your forum profile except you and the Lindens.  I have 2 - a zero point and a one point.  The one point cost me a one-day forum suspension, which truly sucked (cannot even remember now if that also entailed a corresponding inworld suspension).  In many ways, I'm more addicted to the forums than I am to being inworld.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The sound of rushing water down a river is one of the very few sounds that I find soothing.  Many years ago I lived by a creek and I'd often go sit by it and read for hours on end.  These days, I'll sometimes play a sound stream, but it just isn't the same.

Side note -- Nobody can see those hand slaps on your forum profile except you and the Lindens.  I have 2 - a zero point and a one point.  The one point cost me a one-day forum suspension, which truly sucked (cannot even remember now if that also entailed a corresponding inworld suspension).  In many ways, I'm more addicted to the forums than I am to being inworld.

Cool, I didn't know that about the invisible hand slaps! Maybe I can collect a whole set? You've been around for a while, you know I could do it. :)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Cool, I didn't know that about the invisible hand slaps! Maybe I can collect a whole set? You've been around for a while, you know I could do it. :)

Nooooooooooo... no suspensions. I like having you here!

My butt is dragging today. I'm exhausted after tossing and turning all night, and it's cold, rainy, and overcast here. The fur children are curled up in my bed sleeping the day away and I want nothing more than to crawl in there with them. 

My mood, though, is pretty good. I woke up to a wonderful surprise from my guy and it's put a huge smile on my face all day. 

I badly need a nap, though. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Maybe I can collect a whole set?

Based on other people's comments, each one comes with an increasing number of days of forum & inworld suspensions, eventually resulting in a full ban.

Nope, just don't go there - we like you here.

• Like 3

Also, I think time is acting up. 

I put a cup of tea in the microwave a few minutes ago (I know, don't tell my very British dead mother - she'd roll over in her grave if she hadn't been cremated) and realized that I forgot about it but thought it would still be steaming hot. Nope... a nice solid room temperature. It must've been two hours since I put the cup in the microwave.

Or the Time Lords are playing havoc with me. 

Or both.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I put a cup of tea in the microwave a few minutes ago (I know, don't tell my very British dead mother - she'd roll over in her grave if she hadn't been cremated) and realized that I forgot about it but thought it would still be steaming hot. Nope... a nice solid room temperature. It must've been two hours since I put the cup in the microwave.

Or both.

You know, the Brownian motion in a cup of tea could be used to power a space shop (such as the Heart of Gold)..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on other people's comments, each one comes with an increasing number of days of forum & inworld suspensions, eventually resulting in a full ban.

Nope, just don't go there - we like you here.

I have not been suspended for a long time. If there is hope for me, there's hope for anyone!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Or both.

At least you aren't waving at chihuahuas from your kitchen window. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Getting ticked.  Various places are offering deals today for Cinco de Mayo, and Chipotle is one of them.  I haven't had Chipotle in a while and so I decided it sounded good -- got myself all psyched up for it.  Tried to order online & via the mobile app and both timed out or ran into some sort of technical issue any time I actually tried to add an item to my bag.  Of course, since I can't get it to work, I now want Chipotle even more than I already did.

Darn it !!!

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I now want Chipotle even more than I already did.

Darn it !!!

I can one up you on the pathetic. :)  I live in such a small place that there aren't ANY Chipotles for miles around!  I think the closest one is over an hour's freeway drive away! I haven't had Chipotle in eons, and I like them. :::sniffle:::  We get roadkill stands with maple syrup for dunking...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Katt Dragoone said:

Feeling tired. It was almost 100f in California today. Spring thinks it's funny to pretend to be summer 😐

Yikes. I used to live in the Bay Area and it never got to 100 except maybe once or twice in August or something.

ETA: Our temps have been bouncing all over and Saturday we may get... snow. Effing...snow. Sigh.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Katt Dragoone said:

Feeling tired. It was almost 100f in California today. Spring thinks it's funny to pretend to be summer 😐

81 here in the foothills east of Sac.  I don't want to live here come fire season.  Last years was bad enough.  Don't even want to think of what it will be like with the plague quarantine accompanying the power outages.

• Sad 4

Three a.m. and I'm still awake. Yippee. I came so close to making it to bed. And then. I walked from my kitchen to my bedroom and about four feet from my bed a tendon in the back of my left knee said, "Surprise!" and wrenched or something for a big OW! Seriously? Why? I was hoping it was just a little temporary thing, but no, of course not. So now I'm stoned on pain killers but still in enough pain to keep me awake. I went inworld and took some photos at Fantasy Faire. So... yay?  Also I'm really bummed out by the stupid "winning the day" thing that I found out about kinda recently (yes, I am generally that clueless) and today it made it into the pet peeve thread because that stupid list just shows me I've been on the Forum too much lately. I tend to do that when I'm in major denial, depression or something like that, so now I get to do some self-analysis to see what's up and here I thought I was doing ok and even posted a kinda positive post in this thread yesterday. Piffle. So back to feeling stabby I guess.

• Sad 5

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Also I'm really bummed out by the stupid "winning the day" thing that I found out about kinda recently (yes, I am generally that clueless) and today it made it into the pet peeve thread because that stupid list just shows me I've been on the Forum too much lately.

I found that it is better for mental health to pretty much ignore that board.  I think I obsessed a bit over it back in the beginning, but eventually learned not to pay it much attention.

• Like 4

I've found that the people who pay attention to that page are the people who accuse others of only posting for points or whatever. 

I also dislike the 'winning the day' thing and think it should go away. To channel Stuart Smalley, I'm a winner every day! 🤪

The page with the most prolific posters is interesting from a statistical point of view, but also not really necessary. 

Once again, I didn't sleep last night and I'm feeling it today. It feels like working from home should mean I can get up whenever the hell I want to but noooooooo... I feel like I have to get up and do something right at 8am so my boss knows I'm up and working for no reason other than I have this paranoia that she'll think I'm not doing any work and I know nothing could be further from the truth. It's leftover trauma from an old boss who expected everyone to be at their desks from 8:30 to 5:00 every day (and would walk the hallways checking). 

I'm also annoyed that I had to turn the heat on again after several beautiful warm days. 

I really, really, really need to force myself to go to bed at 10pm tonight. I always have the best of intentions to do just that, but then I get in a groove on Candy Crush or something equally stupid and next thing I know it's 1am. 

... yawns ...

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.