How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't help with anything except the glasses. 

There are "get glasses prescribed over the internet" services now.  There are a TON of places where you can order new glasses if you already have a good existing prescription.  If you need a new exam, there are also sites that can do that...although you will still need your old prescription.  Here's just one: https://www.onlinevisiontest.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Hungry.

I'm feeling hungry.

Because of another thread's food suggestions.

^^^ This. Exactly this. And now I'm not sure if I want cheesy eggs or a stir fry.

And I actually stated to someone today that I was going to be an adult and back off the forum. "And how did that work out for ya, hmmmm?"

I'm so easily distracted these days. Like the dog in Up! and "Squirrel!"

BUT, those of you going through some pretty awful health issues, you continue to be in my thoughts. Also the people dealing with tragic family matters. Oh hell, the whole lot of you! ♥ ♥ ♥

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Suddenly I'm feeling freaking FABULOUS because this is happening next week!

Does it mean I'm a boomer because, while I've heard her name lots and seen pics, I have no clue why she is famous or for what.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I can't help with anything except the glasses. 

There are "get glasses prescribed over the internet" services now.  There are a TON of places where you can order new glasses if you already have a good existing prescription.  If you need a new exam, there are also sites that can do that...although you will still need your old prescription.  Here's just one: https://www.onlinevisiontest.com/

Joy of joys, I located my previous pair of specs, and they are absolutely fine and dandy. Luckily the prescription on them hadn't changed, apart from I didn't need so much reading correction in the eye I struggle to read with. Have made a note of this website link. Thank you. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kali Wylder said:

Does it mean I'm a boomer because, while I've heard her name lots and seen pics, I have no clue why she is famous or for what.

I first heard about her because she got on stage with one of my favourite bands a few years ago - Def Leppard - and I HATED her, just because she got on stage with the object of my desires - Joe Elliott!!!!! - and because she has such l-o-o-ng legs.  

But her videos are very entertaining ...

... even if you have the volume turned down. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I'm a boomer too, but geeze, Kali!  She's a Famous Popstar Singer!  BIG Famous!

plus, fun GIFs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Nah... I'm not exactly in her target demographic, either. A few years ago I hadn't paid any attention to her, either, but I heard Love Story  and was charmed by it. Since then I've enjoyed watching her grow up and the way her music has changed and matured, along with the way she handled the entire Kanye mess (and now has finally been vindicated in that entire phone call fiasco). 

I think she's a really strong woman and has found her voice. I'm proud of her. 

And her music is full of fabulous bops. 😜

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Country music is my genre of choice and Taylor started out in the Country world, so even though I'm old, that's how I know of he.  Most of her early stuff was just all break-up songs though, so I didn't care for her much back then.  When she switched over to pop, I stopped listening to her on a regular basis, but she's in the media enough that I still hear many of her songs.  I actually prefer much of her newer pop stuff to her earlier Country stuff.

• Like 3

I'm a late comer to Tay Tay, although years ago in a response to a hater of mine I did a bunch of quick photo shoots with SR as TS doing Shake It Off on my SL Feed. :) I should think about redoing it now that I'm all mesh. I wonder if I can rummage up some shots... (the end of this post will tell). I do love her videos, even to songs I don't like. While Mari may lust after those long legs, I am envious of her ability to wear red red lipstick with all outfits. I have never been able to pull of red lipstick. I don't know if it looked good or bad, I always just felt so costumey in it! Kinda not fair for someone to be so pretty, so talented and so rich all at once. I wish my eyes were as green as hers are blue ffs. Like Beth, I have found it interesting to watch her grow up, and watch in amazement as she handled things no 20-something kid would normally handle. Now that she's 30, I wonder what her next decade will look like. We already know she's put her foot down and said, "Eff it. I will speak to politics."

Well it turns out it would be a pita to call up a couple of the old photos, so here's a screenshot clip. You get the idea. :)

image.thumb.png.6b22a2dd350efca6de804d399a2d46ad.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Country music is my genre of choice and Taylor started out in the Country world, so even though I'm old, that's how I know of he.  Most of her early stuff was just all break-up songs though, so I didn't care for her much back then.  When she switched over to pop, I stopped listening to her on a regular basis, but she's in the media enough that I still hear many of her songs.  I actually prefer much of her newer pop stuff to her earlier Country stuff.

oh! She sings!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

It was 4 years ago, and my hater was still going strong after, what, about 6 years? Ah, memories...

image.png.5c2aa14a0653dcf1f2516a140254e178.png

there just isn't a reaction button for sighing nostalgically and shaking my head with you

• Like 3

JFC

FFS

Sometimes navigating the hierarchy of these forums and who is allowed to decide what is appropriate behavior on what particular day depending on the phases of the moon and the moods of some anointed golden child living on exoplanet 51 Pegasi b just gets to be a little too much for my poor feeble brain to handle.

Jane hurts Bob's feelings, so Karen hurts Jane's feelings for hurting Bob's feelings, but then Becky strolls in to hurt Karen's feelings, and soon no one is speaking to each other, and just eff it all. 

I'm going to grab @Seicher Rae and we're going to go find someone else's forums to pollute with our awfulness.

1715686335_tenor(1).gif.c218e4bcd4a27eb4459269c91cb8f31f.gif

And yes, I know I'm being overly-dramatic, and emotional, and ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Beth Macbain, who said some stuff... Oh uh. I must have missed stuff. And that was how I felt yesterday, just Forum Fed Up.  I can imagine. So... Oreos. Wine. Taylor. More wine.

sigh

Whether it is "overly" dramatic or emotional is kind of a moot point, feelings feel. And they are valid when they do.

sigh

I don't do well in off SL forums, either, I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

JFC

FFS

Sometimes navigating the hierarchy of these forums and who is allowed to decide what is appropriate behavior on what particular day depending on the phases of the moon and the moods of some anointed golden child living on exoplanet 51 Pegasi b just gets to be a little too much for my poor feeble brain to handle.

Jane hurts Bob's feelings, so Karen hurts Jane's feelings for hurting Bob's feelings, but then Becky strolls in to hurt Karen's feelings, and soon no one is speaking to each other, and just eff it all. 

I'm going to grab @Seicher Rae and we're going to go find someone else's forums to pollute with our awfulness.

1715686335_tenor(1).gif.c218e4bcd4a27eb4459269c91cb8f31f.gif

And yes, I know I'm being overly-dramatic, and emotional, and ridiculous. 

offers hopefully appropriate TS hugs as you depart, come back when you feel better my friend....

Selena and Taylor get teary at AMAs - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

That's why I just don't give a crap.  I'll post what I want, when I want, unless a Linden tells me otherwise.

"Appropriate behavior" means so many different things to so many different people ---- and even then it may change daily or even hourly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's why I just don't give a crap.  I'll post what I want, when I want, unless a Linden tells me otherwise.

"Appropriate behavior" means so many different things to so many different people ---- and even then it may change daily or even hourly.

I used to give a crap. I truly did. Then ... well ... haters, etc. and I finally, finally stopped caring. For both good and bad. I have a thicker skin, for both good and bad. I'm more cynical (which at the time I didn't think was possible). Like you I now post what I want and eff 'em if it makes folks clutch their pearls. I don't go out of my way to pis5 off people, I guess it is a gift I have whether it pis5es off people whether I mean to or not. I honestly don't want to pis5 people off, usually. There have been a few notable exceptions but I rarely get overly worked up by these forums. That didn't used to be the case. I *have* been surprised that a couple of threads in *this* Forum have set of my PTSD. That's not fun. But my mental state is more fragile than it was ten years ago, too, so :::shrugs:::

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm starting to think the mods need to come in and give us ALL a time-out, or gather us in a circle to sing Kumbaya. Cookies and milk, at least. Maybe pony rides. 

Gather round everyone.  Cookies & milk, multiple ways for folks to choose from
117ee155cc6bbd1b4f073aa82f11d86c.jpg

Once everyone is served, we'll hold hands and sing

/me wanders off to see about those pony rides - which would be a lot easier if Dakota had actually sent them like she promised (in the mail my arse)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm starting to think the mods need to come in and give us ALL a time-out, or gather us in a circle to sing Kumbaya. Cookies and milk, at least. Maybe pony rides. 

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.7VpRFK3Zj9zKF45GxwoxCgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

nah, we just need to relax a bit and look at the stars or something

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.