Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't have many avies to roll with so I try to be strategic with my rolls. I don't want to waste them. I really like the Newbrooke parcel I got when the theme first rolled out, but it's on my alt and I want to downgrade her to a free account so I have been rolling in hopes of finding one I like just as much (I did not want to attempt a swap).

I patiently watched a few sims when the Newbrooke theme released. There are not a lot of 1024sqm on water. I did spot one 1024 parcel I thought was the hallelujah of Newbrooke (for my tastes) - pond and lake view, rez zone, and two big public parks. I watched the sim for days waiting for the sim to come to the top of the land page stack. When I saw the parcels start to go, I used all my 5 rolls but didn't get that dream Newbrooke parcel. I saw it went a day later.

I have been eyeballing the new regions popping up on the map because I am sure there will be a lot of new inventory to roll through. I've been saving my rolls for that until last night. I thought, "I don't think those regions are going in the next couple of days, so I can burn some rolls." My rolling fingers were itching to gamble my luck.

I went to the page and rolled. First roll was the same sim I kept getting one of two homes in days before. "Ugh, not again," I thought. I went over with my abandon finger ready and . . . .

It was that dream parcel I had thirsted for. That very same one I had decided was my perfect spot. I could not believe it.

I already got to thank the person who abandon it, but THANK YOU AGAIN! You have no idea how excited I was to get that house.

*HAPPY DANCES THROUGH THIS THREAD*

Yay home.png

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 25

20 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I don't have many avies to roll with so I try to be strategic with my rolls. I don't want to waste them. I really like the Newbrooke parcel I got when the theme first rolled out, but it's on my alt and I want to downgrade her to a free account so I have been rolling in hopes of finding one I like just as much (I did not want to attempt a swap).

I patiently watched a few sims when the Newbrooke theme released. There are not a lot of 1024sqm on water. I did spot one 1024 parcel I thought was the hallelujah of Newbrooke (for my tastes) - pond and lake view, rez zone, and two big public parks. I watched the sim for days waiting for the sim to come to the top of the land page stack. When I saw the parcels start to go, I used all my 5 rolls but didn't get that dream Newbrooke parcel. I saw it went a day later.

I have been eyeballing the new regions popping up on the map because I am sure there will be a lot of new inventory to roll through. I've been saving my rolls for that until last night. I thought, "I don't think those regions are going in the next couple of days, so I can burn some rolls." My rolling fingers were itching to gamble my luck.

I went to the page and rolled. First roll was the same sim I kept getting one of two homes in days before. "Ugh, not again," I thought. I went over with my abandon finger ready and . . . .

It was that dream parcel I had thirsted for. That very same one I had decided was my perfect spot. I could not believe it.

I already got to thank the person who abandon it, but THANK YOU AGAIN! You have no idea how excited I was to get that house.

Yay home.png

Welcome, neighbor! My alt was happy to see you land that parcel next door. I love what you have done with the spot!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Yay home.png

Hello Neighbor---I am down the street a little bit--technically on Huygens

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Yay home.png

🎉 congratulations! Looks lovely. And thank u for the story, GoH can be so exciting (and frustrating but that goes hand in hand I think) 👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I've just given up my Houseboat and I'm kinda sad about it.  For whatever reason once I got everything set up the way I liked it, my frame rates dropped and it took, what felt like, forever for everything to rez in and I wasn't over prim  count, etc.  It may be my computer can't handle all the things surrounding me and my decorating. I don't know. But I am on the hunt again.  I did change everything back as it was so the cute colorful tile outside is gone. 

Whoever gets it, enjoy!! 🥰1077808111_bmbmbmnblkkpopoytyt.JPG.56098b8f6c2d3c5b1afc0d590daa0c32.JPG

• Like 4

On 3/16/2022 at 6:37 AM, Mercedes Avon said:

Yay you!  What a miracle!  And those trellises you built are so perfect for this theme!  Your place really has a spacious, gracious living feel.

I lucked out and got one on the same lake a few days ago, but it was on an alt who only has a couple weeks left on premium.  But I have a happy ending too - late last night I actually succeeded in swapping it to a more long-lived alt!

Planning to have this place  together in about a week... hoping it'll be a fun place to stop at when driving or strolling around the lake :)   Maybe we can have a block party there, the golf is kinda high in LI, but easy to pick up and replace when done. There's a rez zone 2 houses down, so folks can resume their drive after puttering around and grabbing a drink on the deck.  It's in the SE corner of Resolve.

Minigolf_005.thumb.jpg.df6c139e6b8de1d8b595db91b0a7d66d.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, Mercedes Avon said:

Yay home.png

May I ask how you went about scoping out the areas you were interested in?  I wish we were able to take a look at a parcel before accepting it even if it's just on the map.  I don't know how to look for areas and such really.  I know I want another Houseboat.  I have to wait 24hr as I've used up my 5 tries.  

Edited by EnchantrixLisa
Spelling error.

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yay you!  What a miracle!  And those trellises you built are so perfect for this theme!  Your place really has a spacious, gracious living feel.

I lucked out and got one on the same lake a few days ago, but it was on an alt who only has a couple weeks left on premium.  But I have a happy ending too - late last night I actually succeeded in swapping it to a more long-lived alt!

Planning to have this place  together in about a week... hoping it'll be a fun place to stop at when driving or strolling around the lake :)   Maybe we can have a block party there, the golf is kinda high in LI, but easy to pick up and replace when done. There's a rez zone 2 houses down, so folks can resume their drive after puttering around and grabbing a drink on the deck.  It's in the SE corner of Resolve.

Minigolf_005.thumb.jpg.df6c139e6b8de1d8b595db91b0a7d66d.jpg

I think I know the majority of my neighbors from the forums! I will be watching for your build 🙂

2 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

May I ask how you went about scoping out the areas you were interested in?  I wish we were able to take a look at a parcel before accepting it even if it's just on the map.  I don't know how to look for areas and such really.  I know I want another Houseboat.  I have to wait 24hr as I've used up my 5 tries.  

There is no good way really. I have no way of knowing what house I am going to get when I click the land page to accept one, but I can be a bit strategic and travel around the map and look at what has not been claimed yet. I knew that parcel I wanted was still a Linden Home and owned my Governor Linden and not claimed. Thus, I knew it was on the land page someplace in the pile of available homes. At that time, nothing on that sim had been claimed by a resident so I knew all the houses on the sim were buried under a lot of other houses in the queue. I tracked the region on my world map and when I started to see people on the sim, I then knew houses were going on that sim and the homes had reached the top of the queue. I of course still was not able to get the house I wanted then. I simply lucked out days later and got that house because I rolled for a house just after the person who had it abandoned it back to the queue (new abandons typically go to the top of the queue). It was incredibly lucky timing. At this point, the 1024sqm have sold out a few times so any 1024sqm that comes on the land page is an abandoned (until the new sims on the map release). I hope all that rambling made sense? lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

So grateful to the people of Belli who reignited my love of having a place in Second Life instead of just setting a sandbox to home. Since then I've purchased and developed 2 parcels on the mainland and with a 3rd location I'm eyeing I have to abandon my forever Vic or go up in land tier 🥲

I hope I'll still be invited to the parties LOL

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Patchett/98/184/30

Foyer_006.thumb.png.007c074cd322516bbb15a456e2332453.png

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

There is no good way really. I have no way of knowing what house I am going to get when I click the land page to accept one, but I can be a bit strategic and travel around the map and look at what has not been claimed yet. I knew that parcel I wanted was still a Linden Home and owned my Governor Linden and not claimed. Thus, I knew it was on the land page someplace in the pile of available homes. At that time, nothing on that sim had been claimed by a resident so I knew all the houses on the sim were buried under a lot of other houses in the queue. I tracked the region on my world map and when I started to see people on the sim, I then knew houses were going on that sim and the homes had reached the top of the queue. I of course still was not able to get the house I wanted then. I simply lucked out days later and got that house because I rolled for a house just after the person who had it abandoned it back to the queue (new abandons typically go to the top of the queue). It was incredibly lucky timing. At this point, the 1024sqm have sold out a few times so any 1024sqm that comes on the land page is an abandoned (until the new sims on the map release). I hope all that rambling made sense? lol

Yes, that made a lot of sense and it wasn't rambling! I totally got it and will have to start using the map more. I am getting better at distinguishing land and water, (I know, big duh lol) so it keeps me from having to bother TPing to the location. I'm looking for another Houseboat in a nice area that isn't too crowded. 

Thank you for answering my question. It really did help a lot!😊

• Like 4

Ah SNAP!I found a great spot on my first try today!  I like it bc it's not too crowded and the Houseboat is placed  horizontal which I actually prefer!  I took a couple of snaps.  My Houseboat is the one with the red dot.   Will start to decorate later.  It's on a parcel called Pirates Rest.  My first Houseboat I gave up was on a parcel called Moist.  Moist??😒🙄

khkhkhkh.JPG.e855c78656a09f481f94e4e4df339371.JPGlkljlkjljljlkjlj.JPG.1162daa8a91b1e82613b8e510e78739a.JPG

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Ah SNAP!I found a great spot on my first try today!  I like it bc it's not too crowded and the Houseboat is placed  horizontal which I actually prefer!  I took a couple of snaps.  My Houseboat is the one with the red dot.   Will start to decorate later.  It's on a parcel called Pirates Rest.  My first Houseboat I gave up was on a parcel called Moist.  Moist??😒🙄

khkhkhkh.JPG.e855c78656a09f481f94e4e4df339371.JPGlkljlkjljljlkjlj.JPG.1162daa8a91b1e82613b8e510e78739a.JPG

Congratulations :D Looks like a lovely spot and Pirates rest is a MUCH better name xx

• Like 3

I wanted a stilt home where I could sail straight from my back door to the main channel. My alt finally got this little beauty. It didn't have a direct sunset view but I could live with that as it's position is so amazing. Then as I had nothing better to do I rolled on a Trad with my main & got this. The house Gods were smiling on me, a lot.

Snapshot_045.png

Snapshot_043.png

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, Kasha Redstar said:

Congratulations :D Looks like a lovely spot and Pirates rest is a MUCH better name xx

Thank you!! And yes a much better name LOL.  I think here I won't feel so claustrophobic. I know that sounds weird for SL but sometimes I feel the homes are right on top of each other.  So I'm hoping with Linden moving on with Newbrooke, etc they won't be adding more Houseboats. 🤞🏽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

I wanted a stilt home where I could sail straight from my back door to the main channel. My alt finally got this little beauty. It didn't have a direct sunset view but I could live with that as it's position is so amazing. Then as I had nothing better to do I rolled on a Trad with my main & got this. The house Gods were smiling on me, a lot.

Snapshot_045.png

Snapshot_043.png

Congratulations!!!  They both look like great locations! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU to whoever gave up this lovely trad along the boat parade route, 16 homes in the region, facing west across the river.  Some green area for a garden, some sand down to the beach.  Just began decorating but thought I really needed to pause to give thanks.  I haven't often seen trads FACING the water, I'm really enjoying it.

1452153260_SantaLouisa_001.thumb.jpg.44bb0301ca541bb79eeeb60d02c87ffc.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.