Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

On 5/29/2022 at 5:53 PM, Fay Starlight said:

Glad you like it, that was one of mine I let go, it was my very first catch--my friend had it briefly. Your photo is amazing! :)

Thank you for the compliment @Fay Starlight.  I love the landscaping at Sakura, and this parcel really checked all the boxes for me, but I love my Newbrooke more, and let this gem go earlier today.  I hope whoever gets it gives it a lot of love.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
spelling
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I cannot believe some of the beautiful abandons I have been getting lately...I landed this amazing corner parcel on the western side of Rocky Heights!

Snapshot_021.jpg

Snapshot_022.jpg

Snapshot_023.jpg

Snapshot_024.jpg

That's gorgeous. I think the Traditional Homes have some of the best coastline. You basically have your own beach there with lawn chairs and an inner tube rezzer.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's gorgeous. I think the Traditional Homes have some of the best coastline. You basically have your own beach there with lawn chairs and an inner tube rezzer.

Yes and it has ZERO cypress! That is the one thing I cannot take on trads is huge runs of cypress in the views! LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I had time for some spins... until it run out of houses. I only got houses far from water when I tried. Can't win every time.

That was the trickiest release!  It was during a time when they were releasing one region per day.  All homes would be claimed within a minute.  Goodbury went in seconds.   EVERYONE was watching for Rocky Heights. 

Then they released Well Springs instead, dang!  Wasn't too interested, but I had two hoppers and decided that would be the release for the day.  Both avatars claimed something, and THEN bang! they released Rocky Heights!  By the time we had decided to keep one of the Well Springs places and freed up a hopper, I was in the same position you were, Marianne, got homes far from shore.

But it turned out we liked the Well Springs parcel better than I would have liked the Rocky Heights ones.  Just a total sucker for rocky, Maine-like shores.  That's one reason why I like hopping better than just picking a place - the surprises.

I never get tired of the view from the back deck.  Anyone ever been to Martha's Vineyard?

451843060_Wellspringsvineyard_001.thumb.jpg.d31ff867d75e46200bfd978a16cf586d.jpg

• Like 11

When I got Persephone's house I thought it was perfect, but now I love Alycia's house even more. The way it backs up to the low coastline and the way the fencing is laid out makes her yard seem 50% bigger than the parcel actually is. I love the view from her upstairs back deck and how we can slide a boat or inner tube right into the water to go for a swim or sailing. At Persephone's house I had to add a pool for swimming. There is still a nice view of water for now, but someday when that region to the north gets filled in, I might want to try for another Victorian right on the water. 

Alycia's Victorian (Shelley with upstairs bathroom & deck add-ons)

1849698432_AlyciasHomeatQuixote1.thumb.jpg.2de211bb84f13ae76c72145a48422991.jpg

1797565979_AlyciasHomeatQuixote2.thumb.jpg.087a2245d20debc6911b94f48f78cbc1.jpg

241570569_AlyciasHomeatQuixote10-DeckAdd-On.thumb.jpg.281ff6fe6b6985850898f2f9a45a6328.jpg

Persephone's Victorian (Shelley with upstairs bathroom & deck add-ons)

681365313_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_016.thumb.jpg.f6b9802d3fabb1df2f2d1b0bc5f5acc2.jpg

1462593899_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_026.thumb.jpg.d75ff2c970b95b8fdbf5577c4e19ee3d.jpg1120727861_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_028.thumb.jpg.57e64f3382b68b1c216e8c73e8d6ee76.jpg

• Like 11

On 7/8/2022 at 5:10 PM, Nika Talaj said:

That was the trickiest release!  It was during a time when they were releasing one region per day.  All homes would be claimed within a minute.  Goodbury went in seconds.   EVERYONE was watching for Rocky Heights. 

Then they released Well Springs instead, dang!  Wasn't too interested, but I had two hoppers and decided that would be the release for the day.  Both avatars claimed something, and THEN bang! they released Rocky Heights!  By the time we had decided to keep one of the Well Springs places and freed up a hopper, I was in the same position you were, Marianne, got homes far from shore.

But it turned out we liked the Well Springs parcel better than I would have liked the Rocky Heights ones.  Just a total sucker for rocky, Maine-like shores.  That's one reason why I like hopping better than just picking a place - the surprises.

I never get tired of the view from the back deck.  Anyone ever been to Martha's Vineyard?

451843060_Wellspringsvineyard_001.thumb.jpg.d31ff867d75e46200bfd978a16cf586d.jpg

My luck streak keeps on going I unwittingly rolled a nice Well Springs trad I had no clue my friend tossed! LOL

It's so nice there as well, I will be sure to wave at you! I am along the beach on one of the three there, but have not even rezzed a chair yet, been totally tossing  (and sometimes claiming) houses lately!

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 5

As Traditionals seem to be in short supply, I thought it worth mentioning that I will be releasing mine in Walrus Beach on Wednesday. It's set on a hill, with a view towards the water from upstairs (in the Winchester), no neighbors to the front or rear, and other nearby parcels are at a lower level so it feels very private. If you're particularly interested, let me know and we can arrange a time that would give you a good chance of getting it. Or, as I've just been reading, someone with a Premium Plus account might want to request it. It's still listed on the Parade of Houses blog under Resident Owned Places of Interest so is open to everyone (I requested that it be removed last week, so you shouldn't be bothered by anyone after the next update): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Walrus Beach/91/110/32  

house1.png

house2.png

house3.jpg

house4.png

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Yeah, I fell in love with it.  It's a keeper. 

Did you get a Sakura last week? I spotted you on the minimap just down the street from me and wondered if you were going to be my new neighbour.