Jump to content

Beautiful Abandons


Ellie McGregor

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

THANK YOU to whoever gave up this lovely trad along the boat parade route, 16 homes in the region, facing west across the river.  Some green area for a garden, some sand down to the beach.  Just began decorating but thought I really needed to pause to give thanks.  I haven't often seen trads FACING the water, I'm really enjoying it.

1452153260_SantaLouisa_001.thumb.jpg.44bb0301ca541bb79eeeb60d02c87ffc.jpg

Wow congratulations! 🎉🎊🎈 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

THANK YOU to whoever gave up this lovely trad along the boat parade route, 16 homes in the region, facing west across the river.  Some green area for a garden, some sand down to the beach.  Just began decorating but thought I really needed to pause to give thanks.  I haven't often seen trads FACING the water, I'm really enjoying it.

1452153260_SantaLouisa_001.thumb.jpg.44bb0301ca541bb79eeeb60d02c87ffc.jpg

The rocks and beach look heavenly. You have a very private front garden with that great view. The original beauty of old Bellisseria. But where is the pathway leading to the front? Did you cover or derender it?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The rocks and beach look heavenly. You have a very private front garden with that great view. The original beauty of old Bellisseria. But where is the pathway leading to the front? Did you cover or derender it?

No, it's the only home in the area that faces the water, so there IS no path to the front!  Not only that, but there is not even  a trail of rocks down to the home from the road, only an opening in the bushes.  Also, there is no real  path to the beach from the road,  again just an opening in the bushes, where I'm standing in the pic.  Very private, reminds me of Nantucket.

1094573333_Louisaback_001.jpg.e47d64cd143176250781b56807cebf8e.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

No, it's the only home in the area that faces the water, so there IS no path to the front!  Not only that, but there is not even  a trail of rocks down to the home from the road, only an opening in the bushes.  Also, there is no real  path to the beach from the road,  again just an opening in the bushes, where I'm standing in the pic.  Very private, reminds me of Nantucket.

1094573333_Louisaback_001.jpg.e47d64cd143176250781b56807cebf8e.jpg

That's really special. I have seen houses turned that way, but they have always had a path up to the mailbox. And all those natural rocks is very pretty. They are a part of the Bellisseria landscaping I really like.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 5:10 AM, Nika Talaj said:

THANK YOU to whoever gave up this lovely trad along the boat parade route, 16 homes in the region, facing west across the river.  Some green area for a garden, some sand down to the beach.  Just began decorating but thought I really needed to pause to give thanks.  I haven't often seen trads FACING the water, I'm really enjoying it.

1452153260_SantaLouisa_001.thumb.jpg.44bb0301ca541bb79eeeb60d02c87ffc.jpg

I owned that parcel for a short time. I gave it up ONLY because I got another one on the parade route I liked a smidge better. It's a very special parcel. CONGRATS!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not a huge fan of sand, but there sure are some nice beach homes popping up as abandons recently! My alt caught this one last night.

 

Snapshot_001.png

I wish the Moles could make 4 larger houses and put them in the Traditional mailboxes... So it is 8 houses to select. The first Traditional houses are so tiny compared to the Chalets, Fantasy and Newbrooke ones.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marianne Little said:

I wish the Moles could make 4 larger houses and put them in the Traditional mailboxes... So it is 8 houses to select. The first Traditional houses are so tiny compared to the Chalets, Fantasy and Newbrooke ones.

I like small houses, but I wish there was some sort of change in them for sure. I love the Trad landscaping, but the houses themselves are not all that interesting to me, especially since they lack the features of later houses like tintable walls. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I finally found "the" spot! Which I'm glad bc I was getting goh burnout lol. Yes there are other houses, further away, but I can barely see them. The trees are placed perfectly to give a real secluded feel.   I'm not keen on the Santiago but it's the only one  that gives me a bit of beach area to decorate, etc.  I would love to use the Tortuga but the deck goes all the way to the water's edge.  Is there a way to remove the big deck from Tortuga?  I know it's probably not possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask. 🤷🏽‍♀️

koiutyuyut.thumb.JPG.47b02e83695ff357df2b49098d1937f6.JPG

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Unfortunately you're stuck with the Tortuga deck, @EnchantrixLisa. I got a chuckle, because the Santiago tends to be my fave. I would like more deck added, so it extends into the water. We all have our dreams.

I think Blushed has a deck kit for Stilt but I can't check right now as mp is in maintenance. 🙄 Or was it in their inworld store?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Unfortunately you're stuck with the Tortuga deck, @EnchantrixLisa. I got a chuckle, because the Santiago tends to be my fave. I would like more deck added, so it extends into the water. We all have our dreams.

Yes we do lol. I guess watching way too much HGTV I've fallen in love with an open floor plan. I purchased a deck in the MP made for the Tortuga so I went in and extended the deck right to the edge.  

I think there might be  an add-on deck for the Santiago. A lot of creators are making things for the LL homes. I'll check and if I find something I'll post it. 🙂 

Edit: Of course MP is down for maintenance. 🥴 

Update #2:. For those using the Santiago Still house here are a few add-ons you can get and there are a few deck options.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=Santiago+Home

Edited by EnchantrixLisa
Update
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

I think there might be  an add-on deck for the Santiago. A lot of creators are making things for the LL homes. I'll check and if I find something I'll post it. 🙂

I build my add-on decks for the stilts using prims.  Not everything has to be mesh!  I use Blush's freebie fence post, and the rest  comes from the content creation pack.  They don't give us the worn white exterior texture for the edges of the deck or posts, but I use the interior trim worn white texture, which isn't perfect but it's darn close.  Maybe, after linking, my deck is 2 or so prims more than a whole mesh deck - but it's exactly the size and shape I want, has railings only where I want them, is free and I didn't have to search marketplace.  And I can use it to rez things on.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...