Help and Info to get a new Linden Home (or try to!)

Raevyn Addams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a great guide and I appreciate it very much, thank you.

I'm still plagued by a particular problem though. :(  I tried this whole page refreshing thing and I even set the refresh timer to 90 Seconds but after a few refreshes (about 5 or 6) I still end up on the error page even though it has for sure not been 10 Minutes yet. I'm about to give up even  though I came back to SL and got premium specifically for the new homes. Can anyone recommend a reliable page monitor that works with Firefox? 

And hello by the way! I'm a serial forum lurker but I'm not big on writing so this is the first post ever. The frustration brought me out of my shell I guess. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rayna Anatine said:

I'm still plagued by a particular problem though. :(  I tried this whole page refreshing thing and I even set the refresh timer to 90 Seconds but after a few refreshes (about 5 or 6) I still end up on the error page even though it has for sure not been 10 Minutes yet. I'm about to give up even  though I came back to SL and got premium specifically for the new homes. Can anyone recommend a reliable page monitor that works with Firefox? 

And hello by the way! I'm a serial forum lurker but I'm not big on writing so this is the first post ever. The frustration brought me out of my shell I guess. :D

I am using Firefox, and the refresher I had did just the same. I solved it by running Chrome only for the land page. It is solid as a rock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rayna Anatine said:

I swear by Firefox in my daily life, BUT for the refreshing I did switched to Chrome and the Chrome page monitor. IMO it just works better. Maybe worth a try? And HEY:D

Edit... Mhmm, seems @Marianne Little agrees.

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest list of regions that are named and not yet released ... the next release candidates are ...

C13    SSPE045    Copper Kettle
C14    SSPE046    Orion Falls
D14    SSPE062    Madison Creek
E05    SSPE069    Badger Mounds
E14    SSPE078    Lake Dacus
E15    SSPE079    Rabbit Run
F03    SSPE083    Wiggle
F04    SSPE084    Antelope Lake
F05    SSPE085    Todds Landing
G03    SSPE099    Hope Springs
G04    SSPE100    Huney Junction
H03    SSPE115    Coyote Canyon

P13    SSPE253    Hammond Park

All but Hammond Park are Camper regions

The first letter-number - combination refers to my (old!) map of Bellisseria,

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi! I've never used the forums before(hence the lack of icon, please excuse that for now) but I felt the need to personally thank you for this post. Especially the tip about putting in the name beforehand. I am so excited to have finally snagged a Bellisseria home and I'm sure I would not have been fast enough had I not had that name "preloaded" haha. Cheers!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Katerina Kirax said:

I never see anything but Meadowbrook, Tahoe, Elderglen, and Shareta Osumai when I try to select a theme.  Is this because there are no new ones out there right now?

There is a limited supply and a uge demand so they seldom are available.

I guess you might make the mistake that is the most frequently made one: not look in the dropdown menue.

Be sure to read all this thread (especially the FIRSTS posts) carefully and follow the "When did you last see..." one.

Then I am sure in a couple of days you have a home if you are determined and invest some time.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2019 at 5:24 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

There is a limited supply and a uge demand so they seldom are available.

I guess you might make the mistake that is the most frequently made one: not look in the dropdown menue.

Be sure to read all this thread (especially the FIRSTS posts) carefully and follow the "When did you last see..." one.

Then I am sure in a couple of days you have a home if you are determined and invest some time.

Those 4 are the only ones in my drop down menu.  But'll keep my eyes open - thanks for the response.

• Like 1

I have a question.

It says:

Traditional (1024) Prim Limit: 351 prims | Space: 1024 sqm

• Choose between 4 homes styles, single or two-story

Does it mean that I can change the house on the fly to one of the other three styles? If yes how?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syn Anatine said:

I have a question.

It says:

Traditional (1024) Prim Limit: 351 prims | Space: 1024 sqm

• Choose between 4 homes styles, single or two-story

Does it mean that I can change the house on the fly to one of the other three styles? If yes how?

The mailbox in the front of the house outside the parcel, you have 4 styles to select from that you can change any time you like. Just click the mailbox for the menu.

• Like 1

Just now, Morena Tully said:

The mailbox in the front of the house outside the parcel, you have 4 styles to select from that you can change any time you like. Just click the mailbox for the menu.

Thank you so much! Now to try and snatch one up x333

• Like 1

Bump!

At this writing, it is becoming a little easier to see Belli properties come up on the land page, particularly during work hours for Patch's team (roughly 6:30AM - 3:30PM SL (Pacific) time).  Nevertheless, as I write this I just did about 4 minutes of constant refreshing and saw nothing but Meadowbrook, so I think this thread is still needed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thought this was worth adding here just in case people are still finding it difficult to catch a new Linden Home.

An update to our release schedule - We’ve been hard at work on releasing regions and as I’m sure many have noticed, our new “normal” release schedule is generally 1 region per day minimum, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and other special circumstances. 

As quoted by @Patch Linden here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/?do=findComment&comment=2012589

Good luck! :) 

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.