Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I  think there's something poetic about that... okay maybe not YOUR campground, but campers or trailers for those who want to live on "the wrong side of the tracks". (Can't wait for Residents to band together to create a trailer park of at least one region of campers! I know, I'm dreaming, but it amuses me nonetheless!)

 

Is it also not possible that the rezzed train station itself is not some sort of...

red-herring.jpg.8bc84b0cf2e77d731b5ab00be1891148.jpg

Patch mentioned one of the style of homes would be train themed or something to that effect, didn't he? Since then the Chinese Whispers of the forums have blown that out to be a full-fledged train station complete with tracks and a train that might or might not pilot itself... Seeing the Linden and Moles humour for what it is, it wouldn't surprise me if that station et al was dropped where it was to fan the flames and nothing more, and if did eventuate wasn't originally part of the plan which is why there's been no obvious space left for it in the older regions; this is an afterthought as much as the fairground, rez zones, and landing strips were. They were all implemented obviously with enough public demand for them so it's not impossible but maybe improbable? Who knows. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I vaguely remember a set of children's books called "The Boxcar Children."  Yeah, I could see this in SL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I  think there's something poetic about that... okay maybe not YOUR campground, but campers or trailers for those who want to live on "the wrong side of the tracks". (Can't wait for Residents to band together to create a trailer park of at least one region of campers! I know, I'm dreaming, but it amuses me nonetheless!)

 

Is it also not possible that the rezzed train station itself is not some sort of...

red-herring.jpg.8bc84b0cf2e77d731b5ab00be1891148.jpg

Patch mentioned one of the style of homes would be train themed or something to that effect, didn't he? Since then the Chinese Whispers of the forums have blown that out to be a full-fledged train station complete with tracks and a train that might or might not pilot itself... Seeing the Linden and Moles humour for what it is, it wouldn't surprise me if that station et al was dropped where it was to fan the flames and nothing more, and if did eventuate wasn't originally part of the plan which is why there's been no obvious space left for it in the older regions; this is an afterthought as much as the fairground, rez zones, and landing strips were. They were all implemented obviously with enough public demand for them so it's not impossible but maybe improbable? Who knows. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Here is what I posted recently in the Choo Choo thread:

 

I went back and listened to the Patch talk again.  Here is what he said in regards to train stuff:

Regarding new campers & trailers,
we will potentially be turning the dials on introducing commercial spaces in campers & trailers,
but let me just say "choo choo chugga chugga choo choo",
and that will continue into the theme after, 
which will be extremely fitting for that to continue into.
No mono rails,
true rail.
  (a question:  Is this going to be related to the SLRR?)
You'll have to wait and see.
I would imagine if it goes choo choo it's gotta have something to do with the SLRR

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added a wirenet to my map of Bellisseria (4000 x 4000) and letters and numbers, for I want to make an OpenOffice sheet where I can find (for instance) A 7 = Venber - released 15.04.2019 ... Do not know if and when I'll finish that though - and as my map dates from 07.07.2019 it does not yet contain the newest regions. Still I guess some of you might want one so here you can download it...

48430375511_25d6f14296_b.jpg
Bellisseria190707 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I managed to update the map but am not 100 percent satisied with to outcome for I did not succedd to fit in my new screenshots into the old map as exactly as I had wished to do. Still I guess it can be used so I give you two versions one with and one without the wirenet and the letters and numbers:

48431675547_063c85b8a8_b.jpg
Bellisseria190801 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48431683347_e4d3ef65d5_b.jpg
Bellisseria190801GN by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Click on the picture and download them from Flickr if you want them 4000x4000

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abodes being placed at SSP84 -- and looks like a clubhouse maybe.  Photo enlarged from screenshot. 

1742885848_ssp84trailersAugust2.thumb.png.d41fc7a859cf661084d5777dc0fefb9b.png

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

What if desert (camels), trains and nuclear bases are clues for a new continent rather than part of Belli?  

I think it could be far too early to consider another continent when there's still so much work left to be done to complete Bellisseria. I could be completely wrong, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

What if desert (camels), trains and nuclear bases are clues for a new continent rather than part of Belli?  

Hm.  And just the other day I wrote "There are no deserts in Mainland."  It's plausible:  Desert, 19th century, and post-apocalyptic neighborhoods?

Or I suppose all three:  living in railcars in a post-apocalyptic desert.  😉

Edited by LibGwen
Added second paragraph
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I keep thinking camels are a clue on the mysterious SSPE185. There is a Camelback waterpark resort that exists, that looks like it'd be a fun thing to theme a recreational area after, so I'll put in my guess for that :D

(and to back up theory, it's named after camelback mountain nearby: the region next to 185 has houses on a mountain.. There is also a goat (kid) there, kids love water parks! And finally, what appears to be a water tower is next to the -distraction- train station.) *takes off tinfoil hat now*

Edited by Morena Tully
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I keep thinking camels are a clue on the mysterious SSPE185. There is a Camelback waterpark resort that exists, that looks like it'd be a fun thing to theme a recreational area after, so I'll put in my guess for that :D

(and to back up theory, it's named after camelback mountain nearby: the region next to 185 has houses on a mountain.. There is also a goat (kid) there, kids love water parks! And finally, what appears to be a water tower is next to the -distraction- train station.) *takes off tinfoil hat now*

Steam locomotives are thirsty beasts... they cannot run without water. Will we have steam locomotives in Bellisseria? Or not? :ph34r:🚂

Second Life (SSPE185)
2019-08-04_train-water-tower_SL.jpg.5237c26a4714cb78ac0b3485f231d538.jpg


Real life
2019-08-04_train-water-tower_RL.jpg.d3ebfd0f076ae0082a9ef2cec043b2c7.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Just pasting in a screenshot for July 27th eve of SSP84 and surroundings. It looks like there are a couple of trailers on the edge of SSP 85, I have been wondering how they plan to bridge the styles from trailer to traditional. Maybe we will see soon.   Hoping my AUGUST prediction works out to be timely. 

 

image.thumb.png.2ce253c503db57cf10851dbd8b7b1c96.png

I don't understand why I didn't see any of that on SSP84?  I cammed over from the east, then actually tp'd in.  I didn't see the lake at all.  I didn't see roadwork, either.  I ran a blank area search, and the only thing it returned was one of those linden homes coming soon signs?  

hbjknhbkjhk.JPG

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I don't understand why I didn't see any of that on SSP84?  I cammed over from the east, then actually tp'd in.  I didn't see the lake at all.  I didn't see roadwork, either.  I ran a blank area search, and the only thing it returned was one of those linden homes coming soon signs?  

hbjknhbkjhk.JPG

Because you're standing at SSPE84, while that screenshot was taken of SSP84, which is not the same thing. SSP (without the E) is the Linden's/moles work area and not accessible by us. You can see it on the map though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Because you're standing at SSPE84, while that screenshot was taken of SSP84, which is not the same thing. SSP (without the E) is the Linden's/moles work area and not accessible by us. You can see it on the map though.

Oh wow!  I don't know how I ended up at the "E" one.  I didn't even notice that.  duhr duhr duhr- I feel dumb.  Seriously.  Explains it all.   Thanks xvixenx71 :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Oh wow!  I don't know how I ended up at the "E" one.  I didn't even notice that.  duhr duhr duhr- I feel dumb.  Seriously.  Explains it all.   Thanks xvixenx71 :)

Never feel dumb; always ask questions. Asking a question is a yearning of knowledge and knowledge is what make us strong! There is no such thing a s a dumb question. Ever! 🤙

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

There is no such thing a s a dumb question. Ever! 

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

 

Still not a dumb question, though could be asked a better way:

"How does this dress look on me?"; "Is this dress okay on me?"; "How does this dress fit me?" 

I always try to ask a question in a positive way, rather than a negative way. Also, there is a difference between "dumb" and "stupid," so I'd classify "does this [item of clothing] make me look fat?" is not a dumb question, but may be a stupid question. LOL 😁

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

 

That's not really a question, though. More like a trap. It only Iooks like a question.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I always try to ask a question in a positive way, rather than a negative way. Also, there is a difference between "dumb" and "stupid," so I'd classify "does this [item of clothing] make me look fat?" is not a dumb question, but may be a stupid question. LOL 😁

Heh ... I'll accept the label "stupid," but then we're quibbling over technicalities.  Questions like that fall into a broad category of Things That Should Not Be Asked because they are not genuine questions.  As Arquet points out, correctly,

5 minutes ago, Arquet said:

That's not really a question, though. More like a trap. It only Iooks like a question.

When someone asks a question that puts another person in a rhetorical box and has almost no hope of eliciting a truthful answer, it's a dumb/stupid/inane question.  Also potentially manipulative/hurtful/self-serving and just plain not nice. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh ... I'll accept the label "stupid," but then we're quibbling over technicalities.  Questions like that fall into a broad category of Things That Should Not Be Asked because they are not genuine questions.  As Arquet points out, correctly,

When someone asks a question that puts another person in a rhetorical box and has almost no hope of eliciting a truthful answer, it's a dumb/stupid/inane question.  Also potentially manipulative/hurtful/self-serving and just plain not nice. 

Agreed, why it's a stupid question; stupid implicates the question itself (it's a stupid question), whereas dumb implicates the one asking it (It's a dumb [because I asked it] question) . But no worries, you know me enough by now that though I'm not a "grammar-nazi", I do get persnickety about using the right words to describe things LOL (I studied communications for a time and so, it has become ingrained into my soul now). I see as an edification opportunity. 🤓

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

9 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Never feel dumb; always ask questions. Asking a question is a yearning of knowledge and knowledge is what make us strong! There is no such thing a s a dumb question. Ever! 🤙

When I was a student, many years ago, one of the lecturers used to tell us that, in her classes, there was no such thing as a stupid question other than one she'd answered just five minutes earlier, as the questioner would have known had she or he been paying attention.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I was wandering, I came across this box in SSP248.
Any speculation as to why (other than for the future) the moles should leave 6k free?

w1ZUs4J.png

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

As I was wandering, I came across this box in SSP248.
Any speculation as to why (other than for the future) the moles should leave 6k free?

w1ZUs4J.png

Vehicles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...