The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only thing I can think of which may help people who cannot put the time into monitoring the Auto-Refresh Plus is simply to remove the current older premium Homes from counting against your tier and making them simply a form of Premium temporary shelter, so you will be free to try for a new Premium when you are available to do so.  LL would also need to make this only available to Premium Members who are currently not using ANY tier for other property so they would have a full 1024 available or it could possibly be misused by people taking advantage of temporary Premium housing.This will not make ALL the people waiting for the new Premium Homes happy, but nothing will!  No matter what LL tries to do to alleviate the mania, some will not feel its fair.  It seems to me that the People who do have the new Premium Homes at the moment are the people who do log in every day and/or spend a substantial amount of time devoted to getting one, or they have been VERY lucky and happened to click at the right moment.  I think we do need to understand that LL is doing their very best for OUR enjoyment and we do need to allow them to do it♥  As a current Bellisserian Resident and happy owner of a Houseboat since the very first day (April 15, 2019) I can assure you that the very best thing about Bellisseria for me (and probably many others) is not the beautiful new homes and the fun of furnishing them and sharing pictures, which I did enjoy a LOT!!  The best thing about Bellisseria is the people who enjoy the new Continent!  The incredibly helpful and friendly community which has formed as a result of LL creating these new homes is the most enjoyment I have ever had in SL since I joined in 2015 and logged in nearly every day since I did.  This community IS the best thing about Bellisseria and it is open and welcomes ALL, premium, basic, resident, visitor, newbie, oldbie in any and every form ♥

Please don't feel snubbed or cut short if your suggestions or questions appear ignored or not considered ♥  Probably they have been offered or answered many times already.  I understand it's maybe the first time YOU have asked or vented your frustration but you should also consider that it may be the 1,000th time the same question has been asked and answered and the loyal forum readers and responders do run out of enthusiasm answering the same questions over and over and posting the same links over and over, so sometimes that frustration also gets vented.  We are ultimately all here for the benefit of the enjoyment of everyone. 

I don't think any of us actually sleep or eat here (yet) 😉   We simply log in and chat and see what's going on around the continent in the group chats and the Notices and join in the fun exactly the same as EVERYONE is welcome to do :D  Come and join us and watch the Moles and Lindens working so hard to make MOAR as fast as they possibly can... chat with them in the groups... ask questions and see why the creation of this continent takes time... and continue to offer ideas and suggestions because they are ALL certainly considered!  So come and join the fun and know that your new home is in the queue! 🏗️ ...🏘️💒🏚️🏠🏡🏡

• Like 11

they should also loosen up the covenant on the old homes, if they haven't already, and let people put up skyboxes. more prims would also be useful. i know all mole resources are currently devoted to bellisseria but it surely would not be too difficult to sync up the two covenants (banning ban lines, etc.) to minimise the difference between the two tiers of housing, which might help mitigate some of the sense of unfairness many premium members have about the 1024s not yet being available to everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BJoyful said:

The only thing I can think of which may help people who cannot put the time into monitoring the Auto-Refresh Plus is simply to remove the current older premium Homes from counting against your tier and making them simply a form of Premium temporary shelter, so you will be free to try for a new Premium when you are available to do so.  LL would also need to make this only available to Premium Members who are currently not using ANY tier for other property so they would have a full 1024 available or it could possibly be misused by people taking advantage of temporary Premium housing.This will not make ALL the people waiting for the new Premium Homes happy, but nothing will!  No matter what LL tries to do to alleviate the mania, some will not feel its fair.  It seems to me that the People who do have the new Premium Homes at the moment are the people who do log in every day and/or spend a substantial amount of time devoted to getting one, or they have been VERY lucky and happened to click at the right moment.  I think we do need to understand that LL is doing their very best for OUR enjoyment and we do need to allow them to do it♥  As a current Bellisserian Resident and happy owner of a Houseboat since the very first day (April 15, 2019) I can assure you that the very best thing about Bellisseria for me (and probably many others) is not the beautiful new homes and the fun of furnishing them and sharing pictures, which I did enjoy a LOT!!  The best thing about Bellisseria is the people who enjoy the new Continent!  The incredibly helpful and friendly community which has formed as a result of LL creating these new homes is the most enjoyment I have ever had in SL since I joined in 2015 and logged in nearly every day since I did.  This community IS the best thing about Bellisseria and it is open and welcomes ALL, premium, basic, resident, visitor, newbie, oldbie in any and every form ♥

Please don't feel snubbed or cut short if your suggestions or questions appear ignored or not considered ♥  Probably they have been offered or answered many times already.  I understand it's maybe the first time YOU have asked or vented your frustration but you should also consider that it may be the 1,000th time the same question has been asked and answered and the loyal forum readers and responders do run out of enthusiasm answering the same questions over and over and posting the same links over and over, so sometimes that frustration also gets vented.  We are ultimately all here for the benefit of the enjoyment of everyone. 

I don't think any of us actually sleep or eat here (yet) 😉   We simply log in and chat and see what's going on around the continent in the group chats and the Notices and join in the fun exactly the same as EVERYONE is welcome to do :D  Come and join us and watch the Moles and Lindens working so hard to make MOAR as fast as they possibly can... chat with them in the groups... ask questions and see why the creation of this continent takes time... and continue to offer ideas and suggestions because they are ALL certainly considered!  So come and join the fun and know that your new home is in the queue! 🏗️ ...🏘️💒🏚️🏠🏡🏡

Thank you for saying so. Had a kind of poetry to it. :)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Not mass-producing = a much nicer continent that everyone wants to be on. Those that want mass production can always just stick with the old Linden homes. :)

if the old homes came with 351 prims then i suspect a lot of people would be quite happy with that option...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, usagihara said:

if the old homes came with 351 prims then i suspect a lot of people would be quite happy with that option...

The old homes are on 512 parcels and so get the LI that goes with 512 parcels. My point wasn't anything to do with LI, though. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, usagihara said:

Every parcel of 1024 located for sale on Mainland has 351 LI (except the 2x LI on Horizons and Bay City) and every 512 has 175 LI so if all ppl wanted was 351 LI there is plenty of that.  The Lindens and Moles have already explained that the older LL homes are being replaced.  In my opinion there really is no point in slowing the replacement process even more by diverting the resources to improve current Homes which are going to be demolished. 

We have all had 1024 and 351 LI included in Premium Membership for over a year since it was announced here:  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

it's a good plan but there's still SEVERAL of us without linden homes.... I honestly wish they had just mass produced like they did the old ones, so there's no fight or refresh-page-gambling game to get one.... ffs! 

I think if LL did mass produce the new homes there would certainly be no "fight or refresh-page-gambling game to get one.... ffs!" because there would be no greater demand for them than there is for the old mass produced ones. 

There is also the option of just waiting until enough new homes are finished and joining the fun which IS currently available and free to everyone to enjoy on Bellisseria in the meantime :) Really, the community spirit and the people are the best part and no residency is required for that :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 2:13 AM, Beth Macbain said:

The point is that no matter how LL chooses to do it, someone is going to have an issue with it. 

Here, let me rephrase:

"I don't like the lottery because I've been here a long time and seniority should be the priority."

"I don't like the lottery because I just joined and new members should have priority."

"I don't like the lottery because I've been trying to get a home since they were released and I don't think it's fair that someone who hasn't put in any effort gets one before me."

Just because no solution is perfect, it doesn't mean there aren't better ways to release the houses. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Just because no solution is perfect, it doesn't mean there aren't better ways to release the houses.

There may be a better solutions out there, but, you also have to take into account the transition costs of changing a system vs. ongoing incremental efficiency savings gained from ongoing experience.

Abnor Mole stated that the team were actively working on ways of increasing the release rate using the current system, and he expected that things would get better.

Frustrating as it all is, changing things might not help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, tinatickles Cummings said:

So basically, the only people who will get to live in Bellisaria are those with the skills to have their computer auto sign them up for it.  That doesn't really seem fair.  I know I keep going back to this, but what about signing up for a waiting list, and having someone give us an estimate of when we can expect to get our home?

It has been said before ... and before ... and before ... but I will spell it out again for YOU:

Because if you are late on this waiting list (like you allways seem to be late when the next region of houses is given out) you have extremely bad cards! with some thousand people in front of you in the queue you might aswell comit virtual suicide! ;)

... but  like it is NOW everybody who cares to make the effort has a sporting chance again ... and again ... every other day!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:00 PM, Tiyialic said:

This is all very confusing. I have an old Linden home and I worked really hard to get a good location so I am reluctant to leave it and then end up stranded without a home at all. It is very unclear when homes are available; saying they are released every few days does nothing for me. It would be helpful to know for sure that some are available, until that is the case I am staying where I am.

If the question of having a Linden Home in a good location is important to you, you should invest some money in a premium alt. Then he can go hunting till he really GOT something definetily BETTER than what you have now and only then you abandon and start to go hunting and so on till one of you has found the perfect location. And by forming a group and giving the house to that group you and your alt (and friends?) can all live together in that home as a happy little family! ;)

• Like 1

I'm trying to find a nice way of saying this, but.....there isn't any.  Its just going to seem unkind to some.  Its this:  Life Isn't Always Fair.  There will always be someone who has something you don't have, as you will always have something someone else doesn't have.  Accept it.  There's no point in yelling at the Moles or at LL for you not having a Belli home in the first month of their release.  I don't have one, & can't get one because my computer/connection isn't fast enough.  I'm willing to wait til the rush is over.  I've found a very nice little spot in mainland.  I've gone exploring & found many really wonderful places in mainland & other regions, as well as in Bellisseria.  

Now, don't say "Yeah, you've got it all, what do you know".  My life has been full of difficulties, & some quite serious problems.  I choose to concentrate of the things that make me happy (SL among them )   I'd like to see less of the "Unfair!!!" in threads. How about some positivity....follow the advice you've been given here in the forums, visit Bellesseria,  hang out with people, & just keep trying til you get the home you want.  You'll be much happier.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Perhaps there are better ways and perhaps you know of such a way?  Kindly remember that finding a solution which you will consider better is nearly impossible when no one knows what you expect them to come up with or how they are supposed to do it :) 

Please come and watch them work, research the process, and offer a solution which will be duly considered and always appreciated and much more helpful than just saying "nope, not better"  What is a better way?  🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, usagihara said:

they should also loosen up the covenant on the old homes, if they haven't already, and let people put up skyboxes. more prims would also be useful. i know all mole resources are currently devoted to bellisseria but it surely would not be too difficult to sync up the two covenants (banning ban lines, etc.) to minimise the difference between the two tiers of housing, which might help mitigate some of the sense of unfairness many premium members have about the 1024s not yet being available to everyone.

They could loosen up the covenant to allow skyboxes. 

They cannot, at this point, change the rules to say 'no banlines', etc...  That would just be totally unfair to anyone that has lived there for years.  Changing the rules on Bellisseria a few weeks in is a lot different than changing the rules for homes that have been in existence for roughly a decade..

They cannot allow more LI because there is not enough LI available without removing roughly half of the homes in each region AND then either expanding every 512 plot to be 1024 plots or changing the backend coding to allow the 512 plots to basically be double prim.  Patch has already said how that would just require way too much work that would slow down the current work even more --- and doing tons and tons of work to just throw it all away in a year or so is just not going to happen.

23 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

it's a good plan but there's still SEVERAL of us without linden homes.... I honestly wish they had just mass produced like they did the old ones, so there's no fight or refresh-page-gambling game to get one.... ffs! 

The defined project is "unique, not mass produced, homes".  Mass producing would simply result in folks ultimately not wanting to live there and it would end up as deserted as most of the current old Linden Home area is.  While folks claim that they want them massed produced, if the entire "community" actually went away, then most of the folks screaming to get it, ultimately wouldn't really want to live there.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Every parcel of 1024 located for sale on Mainland has 351 LI (except the 2x LI on Horizons and Bay City) and every 512 has 175 LI so if all ppl wanted was 351 LI there is plenty of that.

since when can premium members acquire mainland 1024s for free? last time I checked you still had to pay extra for the actual land, so it wasn't really comparable to Bellisseria where a) you don't have to buy the land and b) the house itself doesn't count against your available LI. that makes Bellisseria a better deal than mainland even for those who have zero interest in landscaping or community and just want to throw up a skybox. most residents would be absolutely fine with copy-pasted homes if it meant they could enjoy the same benefits as the select few, but i can totally see why the lindens and said select few want to maintain scarcity.

6 minutes ago, usagihara said:

most residents would be absolutely fine with copy-pasted homes if it meant they could enjoy the same benefits as the select few, but i can totally see why the lindens and said select few want to maintain scarcity.

Right, because we want to maintain high resale value... oh wait.  

• Haha 2

Just now, usagihara said:

you want to maintain your elite status and the kudos of having something not many people have. nothing wrong with that. i've already seen posts by people worrying that new residents might spoil the lovely community they've created.

And I have seen nothing at all like that. Interesting!

47 minutes ago, usagihara said:

i can totally see why the lindens and said select few want to maintain scarcity.

It is not "scarcity" that the Lindens or us want to maintain, but since that has been explained more times that I could even count anymore, I'm pretty sure at this point that the ones that don't get it don't want to get it. 

Sometimes whining and complaining is much more fun - or at the very least, sometimes stress relieving.    Someone even created a thread specially to fill that need:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

i'm actually not one of those currently missing out, but that doesn't stop me from seeing that it's fundamentally unfair that some premium members get a free 1024 with a built-in house and the majority don't. of course the lindens want scarcity: the new homes, as everyone keeps saying, wouldn't be anywhere near as desirable if there were enough of them to go round. it keeps people logging in and paying for premium alts. also, the premium product they're creating takes longer, so supply isn't going to meet demand until the novelty wears off and demand decreases.

so, another suggestion; for a limited time, let people have two old-style homes in lieu of one new one. obviously this is heavily dependent on capacity in the old continents, but, again, it would even things up a bit.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.