The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All the list talk is pretty irrelevant at this point since Patch has recently said that it won't happen.

He said he couldn't see it happening, and then gave a reason.

To me that is engaging in a debate, expressing doubt at being convinced otherwise, but open to considering the options.

• Like 2

I have land that I am able to sail to Bellisseria from, I just wish we could get a LL houseboat rezzed on our land. I really like their houseboats better then the ones you see on mp. Any chance we can purchase the boathouse from you Patch? Hahahaha

• Like 1

Just now, JadeJustina said:

I have land that I am able to sail to Bellisseria from, I just wish we could get a LL houseboat rezzed on our land. I really like their houseboats better then the ones you see on mp. Any chance we can purchase the boathouse from you Patch? Hahahaha

Go look at the LI of those houseboats -- you might not really want one.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I agree, both are reasonable opinions and at opposite ends.  I wonder if you'll feel the same on a waiting list when a random lottery again is drawn and you end up at the end of the list, waiting for 3 years to have a home?  This is not meant to be snarky at all. Just realistic.  We'd  have many more residents complaining when they end up at the end of the line with no alternative to get ahead and be at the front.

Instead you have them complaining for three years whilst they try regularly to get a home? i really fail to see that as any advantage. Any advantage you can factor in for hope is surpassed by disappointment especially and even more so the longer this goes on.

It is a much stronger argument to continue with the current release method of playing the refresh game where demand is likely to be satisfied sooner rather than later.

Long term it is much better to know where you are on a list so you can work around it, keep your 512 allocation and focus on making the most of your old linden home or look at an alternative like a nice parcel in Jeogeot or elsewhere.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JadeJustina said:

The Aikoto and AE Worx ones are nice and reasonable on land impact. i see them around mainland and around Eden and the Fruit Islands too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@JadeJustina- LI for the four houseboat styles are:  155, 186, 202, and 219.

That's not bad at all, I have plenty of prims to use. 

6 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

The Aikoto and AE Worx ones are nice and reasonable on land impact. i see them around mainland and around Eden and the Fruit Islands too

Thanks I will look for them. I can't seem to find the first one you mentioned is it on mp or in world?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JadeJustina said:

in rl you see quite some houseboats looking like a small cabin on a ships hull or just on a concrete floating huge tub ... if you see a cabin/home you like, perhaps convert one yourself?
Creators like Trompe Loeil for sure have cabins that are not difficult to convert for that purpose.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JadeJustina said:

Did you see the Trompe Loeil Stella River Barge? It wouldn't have come up on a search for houseboats :D.   I had it out for friends for a long while. Tiny inside area but lots of space outside and built in animations.   Hammocks come with.  107 li. 

houseboat.jpg.5cada5b4d2a5ce6cd292506ab34ff51f.jpg

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Stella-River-Barge-PG-mesh/9546447

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in rl you see quite some houseboats looking like a small cabin on a ships hull or just on a concrete floating huge tub ... if you see a cabin/home you like, perhaps convert one yourself?
Creators like Trompe Loeil for sure have cabins that are not difficult to convert for that purpose.

wow Thanks for the help, I may have found something I like better then the house boat hahaha. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JadeJustina said:

That's not bad at all, I have plenty of prims to use. 

Thanks I will look for them. I can't seem to find the first one you mentioned is it on mp or in world?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AIKIOTO-MARINA-QUEEN-Houseboat-Prefab/5534682

there are a couple of other styles in the same shop.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

He said he couldn't see it happening, and then gave a reason.

To me that is engaging in a debate, expressing doubt at being convinced otherwise, but open to considering the options.

Boy, did we interpret that in different ways! I saw it as him trying to be somewhat diplomatic and not get people even angrier while also saying no way in hell to the list.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JadeJustina said:

Did you see the Hornless Viking one by CarlaWetter? You can mod the living hell out of it if you have some understanding about setting up multisit items... and it even drives.

2 hours ago, BelleBax said:

Who is 'we'?  And how does this discussion interrupt or distract the Moles?  And what backseat driving are you speaking of??? And absolutely no one I've seen here or elsewhere has ever ever ever advocated for cookie-cutter anything.

I'm new here ... maybe I'm doing this wrongly, but I thought this was a thread where we discussed release plans for the new home.  If that means being a cheerleader for the current process - I really am doing this wrong.  If this is a place for a thoughtful exchange (which I'm enjoying btw) about our thoughts on the linden homes releases  why try to shut down the discourse? 

If you want a quick Linden home that is already copy pasted out for you... may I suggest a Meadowbrook

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

If you want a quick Linden home that is already copy pasted out for you... may I suggest a Meadowbrook

I have a suggestion - but it wouldn't be any more helpful than yours.  

As I said - no one is suggesting that a cookie cutter home is desirable.  But keep saying it and maybe that will make it true.

7 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I have a suggestion - but it wouldn't be any more helpful than yours.  

As I said - no one is suggesting that a cookie cutter home is desirable.  But keep saying it and maybe that will make it true.

A lot of people actually are saying that. "Just copy and paste some of the regions already built. No one will notice." I don't have the patience to dig through the 50 or so complaint threads to pull the exact quotes, but they are definitely out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

A lot of people actually are saying that. "Just copy and paste some of the regions already built. No one will notice." I don't have the patience to dig through the 50 or so complaint threads to pull the exact quotes, but they are definitely out there.

How many homes will the finished continent estimatly have? Will the CEO then give green lights for a second continent? If that is far from enough they might as well just copy parts of the finished continent - the whole squishy pickle sandbanks section seems to made with the thought of emergency multiplication in mind.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Fair enough - I'll correct myself...

I am not suggesting that a cookie cutter home is desirable. Anyone recommending a Meadowbrook home to me is not sincerely trying to be helpful - and I like pointing that out in case anyone thinks otherwise.  

Edited by BelleBax
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

How many homes will the finished continent estimatly have? Will the CEO then give green lights for a second continent? If that is far from enough they might as well just copy parts of the finished continent - the whole squishy pickle sandbanks section seems to made with the thought of emergency multiplication in mind.

I'm honestly not sure. I have no idea what the actual capacity is of Bellisseria as a finished product, and if they'll expand or do something different, or what after it's full. I'm sure there are plans being made with the demand being so high, but who knows what it could be. All I know is that they have promised to keep building until the demand is met. 

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch has made comments that imply the existing continent will be extended south down to the current mainland continent.  No clue how far east or west it might go.

Wasn't there a thread or comment somewhere from someone who owns one of the regions in the area where expansion might be needed that volunteered to let their region be moved? Things could certainly be finagled around to allow the growth needed. I'd sort of hate to see it end up being split into two continents.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch has made comments that imply the existing continent will be extended south down to the current mainland continent.  No clue how far east or west it might go.

From a galaxy far, far away:

2118565311_PrototypeBelli.thumb.jpg.10bdd290120c5ddf13d84a6d2b63b774.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.