When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I don't really understand what happened in that situation at all but perhaps we should all get back to - when was the last time anyone saw a Bellissarian home? Because I've not seen any kind of home since the release tailed off Friday and it's depressing me because "Bellisseria" in the drop down kind of becomes associated with the word "Bliss".........................where ARE the homes?!!!

I didn't refresh any more since Friday my alt obtained a rather nice home in Axim.

Since I am a notorious hopper I will be refreshing on Monday though - one never knows if something still better turns up.

But I only go for releases now. The best pardels are usually NOT abandoned so the abandoneds tend to be second grade.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I didn't refresh any more since Friday my alt obtained a rather nice home in Axim.

Since I am a notorious hopper I will be refreshing on Monday though - one never knows if something still better turns up.

But I only go for releases now. The best pardels are usually NOT abandoned so the abandoneds tend to be second grade.

Congrats on Axim! Watch for a trickle of houses coming up (not like a release) before the main release, (hard to explain what I mean ...like a house every three refreshes for about a min or two and then a stream of release houses) -  just a little something I am wondering about!! I am waiting for my favourite of all time houseboats from the early release to drop theirs - one can dream!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Seems a little paranoid to me! You assume they want to send you on a wild goose chase after theit "old" abandoned homes while they are refreshing for a newly released? I guess then they might just end up getting their own old home back! You only see what you get after you took it.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I am extremely observant and I see what goes on. I saw a 5-day old alt arrive at their new home a few releases ago, and then that same alt was hovering over Axim on Friday.  Then lo and behold, that alt's owner acquired a home on another of their accounts.  Yes, I believe the abandon was done at release time on purpose.  Yes, it could backfire on them, but this time it did not.  Isn't the reason you don't abandon, during or around releases, to be considerate?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, I am extremely observant and I see what goes on. I saw a 5-day old alt arrive at their new home a few releases ago, and then that same alt was hovering over Axim on Friday.  Then lo and behold, that alt's owner acquired a home on another of their accounts.  Yes, I believe the abandon was done at release time on purpose.  Yes, it could backfire on them, but this time it did not.  Isn't the reason you don't abandon, during or around releases, to be considerate?

I can afford to be considerate for I have seven premium accounts. Other people who have only one cannot!

All my alts are rather iold for I made them for various reasons since 2007 but they have never before been premium. Only because of this mad Bellisseria goldrush game I decided to spend 500 $ and make them all premium. Had I not had them aniway I would have made new ones. So for an alt to be new is nothing suspicious.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wow. I think this is the first time I've seen someone complaining about others making their homes available for those who don't have one. I guess there's no pleasing some people! 

Correct, that would be me when I think I see an element of unfairness in the wave of mains and alts hopping from recently released homes a week before to a newer spot. Yes, they paid the premium for this right, but I was hoping to make the hoppers realize that they aren't the only ones looking for a nice home . You acquired one already. Might you stay a bit and it enjoy it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Just like the 5-abandon limit, I think it would be nice if LL could institute a 5-day (okay, maybe 3) wait before you can abandon a home in a new region, if that were at all possible. 

You are far too generous. I'd love to see a 10 or 15 day policy put in place.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You are far too generous. I'd love to see a 10 or 15 day policy put in place.

And what would be the advantage of that?

I wouldn't have any problem with it. If I abandon quickly, right after the relese, I do that because I do not want to keep it so I should free it soon and let someone else have it. If I had to keep it three days n.p. - let other alts continue the chase! Maybe you could annoy people with that who have only one or two premium accounts but to what goal? What would anyone win by it on the long run?

13 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Correct, that would be me when I think I see an element of unfairness in the wave of mains and alts hopping from recently released homes a week before to a newer spot. Yes, they paid the premium for this right, but I was hoping to make the hoppers realize that they aren't the only ones looking for a nice home . You acquired one already. Might you stay a bit and it enjoy it?

If HE might stay and enjoy it he might aswell abandon it, you get it, then YOU might stay and enjoy it.

If it isn't enjoyable why do you have right for a better home than he has?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And what would be the advantage of that?

Well, first, it would amuse me. I've never made a secret of my distaste for the throw-back game since it has morphed somewhat of a beast.

I think people are genuinely developing an unhealthy obsession with finding the perfect spot that doesn't actually exist. There's no winning this game. There will always be something just not quite right about every parcel, and it troubles me to see the neurosis that is developing over it. This thread is almost 200 pages. 

Second, if everyone playing the "game" had a two week timeout it might give some people who just want a home on Bellisseria - any home - a chance to get in and get something without having to compete with the those searching for the mythical perfect spot. 

Of course, I know some would just create more premium alts to keep playing because of their addiction to the impossible game, but that'd at least be more money for LL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think people are genuinely developing an unhealthy obsession

to see the neurosis that is developing over it. 

mythical perfect spot. 

keep playing because of their addiction 

I resent this interpretation of me!

I don't have an unhealthy obsession, I'm not neurotic, I'm not searching for a perfect spot, nor am I addicted!

I just want some effing pretty rocks in my yard!

Edited by Dhyaanee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

I resent this interpretation of me!

I don't have an unhealthy obsession, I'm not neurotic, I'm not searching for a perfect spot, nor am I addicted!

1546002740_LHMeme.jpg.b8ed5e81fabfbb25701501384a1fa0f0.jpg

I kid, I kid... you don't have nearly enough posts here yet to be properly addicted!

• Haha 5

I had a Rothacker neighbor left who said she house hopped, finally got near the canal behind my house. She had access path to it. We sat and talked couple of hours. She was happy to be there.   A day or two passed, she abandoned the house likely tried recent releases.  The House on my right is empty except 4 chairs on a outside patio. That one has canal view. 

There are some strange account holders of property and those making a home just for a day or two..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

This is exactly what my gripe is about and what a hold policy could help if put in place. I have not received a brand new home yet, and I am not interested in an abandoned like you are not interested.  I am wishing that you wave of hoppers would apply the brakes for a while so those without homes can get into a fresh, new, sparkly region.  Honestly, if I were a hopper, and I do not plan on being one, I would read this concern from a "homeless" and think, "Oh, gosh, sorry. I didn't realize I was causing this." I know I am correct to speak up, but I am now done speaking on this topic because I don't seem to be getting through.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Well, first, it would amuse me. I've never made a secret of my distaste for the throw-back game since it has morphed somewhat of a beast.

I think people are genuinely developing an unhealthy obsession with finding the perfect spot that doesn't actually exist. There's no winning this game. There will always be something just not quite right about every parcel, and it troubles me to see the neurosis that is developing over it. This thread is almost 200 pages. 

Second, if everyone playing the "game" had a two week timeout it might give some people who just want a home on Bellisseria - any home - a chance to get in and get something without having to compete with the those searching for the mythical perfect spot. 

Of course, I know some would just create more premium alts to keep playing because of their addiction to the impossible game, but that'd at least be more money for LL. 

THANK YOU!  Well said and much better than I could have. I stalked this thread for a bit before signing in due to laziness, but I have read and admired your intelligent and humorous input. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I kid, I kid... you don't have nearly enough posts here yet to be properly addicted!

So any tips for when addiction sets in?  Is it like when you miss your breakfast because playing with auto-refresh is so much fun? Or is it like when your husband complains you don't have any time for him because you're flying through Bellisseria all evening?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
21 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

The Moles don't decorate our yards, only the public areas.

Noooooo

There are big rocks outside the yard boundaries in some yards, like cliffs. Cute.

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

sometimes set to land estate rental groups which does spark curiosity!!

It certainly does!  I wonder what would happen if one wandered into the land group's rental hub and innocently inquired about properties in Belli.  [ If I knew the name of such a land group, we would know the answer by now, and the AR might be filed already :) ]

A few miscellaneous notes:

-- The property I abandoned yesterday hung out in maintenance for over 10 minutes but less than an hour.  I'd never heard of the folks who got it, and one of them was 12 years in SL, so likely not an alt.

-- I, too, get really disappointed when I've managed to be online during a release, and end up with a parcel from last April.  I think abandoning a property immediately before a release is a little mean-spirited;  Otoh, I think abandoning properties immediately AFTER a release can be nice, especially if they're good properties, sort of like consolation prizes for people who were refreshing but missed the release.  Maybe I should have done that with this last house.

-- Stalking homes is a fun game, but tiring.  [My partner and I are trying to take a break for a month while we decorate and settle in to what we have.]  Decorating for us takes time, because we tinker and build a few things as we go.

-- I don't think any more limits on abandons etc. are needed, and I'm puzzled at why LL would be interested.  From their viewpoint, alts getting houses are great, because that correlates to more premium accounts overall.

-- I don't see how hopping stops non-hoppers from getting houses, unless a person ends up holding onto a whole bunch of properties.  It's not how many you catch, it's how many you KEEP, that matters to those who don't have their first property.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.